Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Decided to buy a club level ticket for $20 and go to the game tonight. When I got upstairs I went to the table to get literature I told them that I had been a club level STH for 10 years in the past and the gentleman said "oh, so can we expect you back?" I said probably through Stubhub and he said that secondary market prices are going to skyrocket and that changes are coming that is going to tighten up the secondary market to make it harder for non-Redskins fans to get tickets and that he'd hate for me to not be there for the Dallas game. I said "We'll see."  The listing had sideline clubs for 7500, goalline clubs for 5750, corner clubs for 4500, and dream seats for 7300. Price negotiable depending on length of contract.

Half hour before game time, got a case of the munchies and headed over to the Johnny Rockets stand for a chocolate milkshake. Nope, choco milkshake not available.  Thanks Skins!  Of course, they'd be more than happy to take my money for the $100 buffet. Looks like STH will get a $1-2 discount on food items, but not on any sort of drinks.

Last preseason game I went to was in 2015 when the Lions ate RG3 for dinner. Recollections of that game are hazy, but I remember there were significantly more people at that game than there were tonight. Others might have different opinions, but I think tonight's crowd was shockingly low. Yes, I know, just a preseason game, but still. 

The food discounts are only $1-2?   I guess when it said up to 50% we should have assumed nothing would actually be 50% off.

Howie, I did grab one of those in-seat menus they have in the club level, and to be fair, peanuts (not sure if they are the ones from Independence Air) are normally $5, but can be had for $2.50 if you are a STH. So I guess that is a 50 percent discount! I looked at the menu for the new nacho stand they have this year and it looked like there was some 5 pound burrito that is normally $30 that you can get for like $25.50 as a STH too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

he said that secondary market prices are going to skyrocket and that changes are coming that is going to tighten up the secondary market to make it harder for non-Redskins fans to get tickets and that he'd hate for me to not be there for the Dallas game. I said "We'll see." 

>> I would have laughed in his face, rolled my eyes, and said "When pigs ****ing fly". 

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

Others might have different opinions, but I think tonight's crowd was shockingly low. Yes, I know, just a preseason game, but still. 

>> Also, it was a week day preseason game.  A lot of the local schools are already in session as well.

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

up to 50% we should have assumed nothing would actually be 50% off.

Up to 50% means 50% of less, so what is 50% off or was this another "error".

5 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

>> I would have laughed in his face, rolled my eyes, and said "When pigs ****ing fly". 

>> Also, it was a week day preseason game.  A lot of the local schools are already in session as well.

Up to 50% means 50% of less, so what is 50% off or was this another "error".

Weird, not sure why that quoted me on the attendance but that wasn't something I said. 

Mark, I went back and looked and that 2015 game was a week 2 Thursday night preseason game as well. I'll have to see if there are any attendance statistics out there (for as much as they are worth), but again, from memory, I don't recall the place being as deserted three years ago as it was last night.

I was looking at my tickets and noticed that the prices for the regular season games had three different prices:

My seats are upper upper deck sidelines (sect 401).

Dallas:  $144

Packers, Gnats, Iggles:  $87

Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Texans : $70

This does not change the overall STH price, but if you are selling a friend the Dallas game, then they can see the $144 price.

The fact that four of the regular season games are priced LESS than 1/10 of the STH price ($759 for me) is surprising.  FINALLY -- This is something I have been wanting for years

6 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Weird, not sure why that quoted me on the attendance but that wasn't something I said. 

OOPS, I pulled out of a comment you had responded to and it tied it to you...I did not realize it would do that.

32 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

I was looking at my tickets and noticed that the prices for the regular season games had three different prices:

My seats are upper upper deck sidelines (sect 401).

Dallas:  $144

Packers, Gnats, Iggles:  $87

Colts, Panthers, Falcons, Texans : $70

This does not change the overall STH price, but if you are selling a friend the Dallas game, then they can see the $144 price.

The fact that four of the regular season games are priced LESS than 1/10 of the STH price ($759 for me) is surprising.  FINALLY -- This is something I have been wanting for years

OOPS, I pulled out of a comment you had responded to and it tied it to you...I did not realize it would do that.

So I had mentioned that a few weeks ago, here are my upper deck prices -

Pre-season - $44 (both games)

Colts - $86

Packers $111

Panthers $86

Cowboys $159

Falcons $86

Texans $86

Giants $111

Eagles $111

Last year they sort of started it by dropping the price of the pre-season and increasing all the others to the same prices, but this year all the game prices got changed, sort of like how the Caps do it.

For those of you who didn’t get your “season ticket benefits package” (the name for the box with the charger, USB drive, and pin), I stopped by the ticket office at the stadium on Thursday night and picked it up no problem. 

Both peanuts and popcorn were listed as 50% off for STH ($2.50 instead of $5), but none of the ones that listed popcorn at that price had it. The one place that DID have popcorn did not honor that price. Anyone else have luck getting the discount?

Joy

P.S. My new seats are awesome. Home side under cover but don’t even know it unless you look up. AND for those of you lower, the 100s and dream seats in front of me sat the whole game (of course it was preseason...). 

1 hour ago, skinsjoy said:

For those of you who didn’t get your “season ticket benefits package” (the name for the box with the charger, USB drive, and pin), I stopped by the ticket office at the stadium on Thursday night and picked it up no problem. 

Both peanuts and popcorn were listed as 50% off for STH ($2.50 instead of $5), but none of the ones that listed popcorn at that price had it. The one place that DID have popcorn did not honor that price. Anyone else have luck getting the discount?

Joy

P.S. My new seats are awesome. Home side under cover but don’t even know it unless you look up. AND for those of you lower, the 100s and dream seats in front of me sat the whole game (of course it was preseason...). 

IF you are in the 200 level (and you are if you are under cover), let those suckers in front of you stand all game long. They are too low to block your view. Enjoy the game sitting down and jump up to cheer at the appropriate times. But use the seat you paid for. Don't be bullied by the youngsters who insist you are only a "good" fan if you stand all game long. Most of them are passed out drunk in their seat anyway by the 3rd period while I'm yelling strong from my seat until the end of the game. The 200 level seats are the best seats in the house!

On 8/17/2018 at 12:34 AM, hail2skins said:

Decided to buy a club level ticket for $20 and go to the game tonight. When I got upstairs I went to the table to get literature I told them that I had been a club level STH for 10 years in the past and the gentleman said "oh, so can we expect you back?" I said probably through Stubhub and he said that secondary market prices are going to skyrocket and that changes are coming that is going to tighten up the secondary market to make it harder for non-Redskins fans to get tickets and that he'd hate for me to not be there for the Dallas game. I said "We'll see."  The listing had sideline clubs for 7500, goalline clubs for 5750, corner clubs for 4500, and dream seats for 7300. Price negotiable depending on length of contract.

Half hour before game time, got a case of the munchies and headed over to the Johnny Rockets stand for a chocolate milkshake. Nope, choco milkshake not available.  Thanks Skins!  Of course, they'd be more than happy to take my money for the $100 buffet. Looks like STH will get a $1-2 discount on food items, but not on any sort of drinks.

Last preseason game I went to was in 2015 when the Lions ate RG3 for dinner. Recollections of that game are hazy, but I remember there were significantly more people at that game than there were tonight. Others might have different opinions, but I think tonight's crowd was shockingly low. Yes, I know, just a preseason game, but still. 

$7300 per ticket for dream seats?  When I have lower levels right by the visitor tunnel and essentially have those seats?  Thats crazy talk. 

26 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

$7300 per ticket for dream seats?  When I have lower levels right by the visitor tunnel and essentially have those seats?  Thats crazy talk. 

Skins will probably discount them to $4500 per season so they appear like they're giving you a great discount.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:42 PM, SonnyandSam said:

IF you are in the 200 level (and you are if you are under cover), let those suckers in front of you stand all game long. They are too low to block your view. Enjoy the game sitting down and jump up to cheer at the appropriate times. But use the seat you paid for. Don't be bullied by the youngsters who insist you are only a "good" fan if you stand all game long. Most of them are passed out drunk in their seat anyway by the 3rd period while I'm yelling strong from my seat until the end of the game. The 200 level seats are the best seats in the house!

Edited by LCA77

On 8/17/2018 at 11:42 PM, SonnyandSam said:

Yeah I was actually just letting folks who may be considering 100-level tickets that, at least for this game, they would have been able to sit the whole time as well. Everyone sat, 200s and down. (and I love the 200 level too!)

17 hours ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

So a question for you all with season tickets. When someone transfers tickets to me from their account how do I upload the tickets to get the barcode scanned at the gate? And how does that work for parking that’s transferred over?

I had a lot of trouble with my parents the first time.  I used text message to send it to my dad and then he clicked the link which made him create a ticketmaster account (Or you just log in if you already have one).  Once logged on the person "Accepts" the tickets, then they have the barcodes in their ticketmaster account.  From there if they have an iPhone they can add the tickets to their apple wallet to show at the gate.  It is more complicated then I would have thought!!

1 hour ago, Littleyog said:

I had a lot of trouble with my parents the first time.  I used text message to send it to my dad and then he clicked the link which made him create a ticketmaster account (Or you just log in if you already have one).  Once logged on the person "Accepts" the tickets, then they have the barcodes in their ticketmaster account.  From there if they have an iPhone they can add the tickets to their apple wallet to show at the gate.  It is more complicated then I would have thought!!

Well I do have a Ticketmaster account so I guess I should be good then. Hopefully lol. Thanks for the reply.

For those who went last week and are going tonight, I'm curious to see how much bigger the crowd is for tonight's game. Last week, I was able to get a club ticket on Stubhub about four hours before the game for $20 (fees included), and I believe upper deck was low teens. For tonight's game, club seats are starting near $60, and uppers are starting near $40......and were near $50 this morning!

I know this game being on a Friday vice Thursday might make a difference, but still, its preseason (albeit the one where the starters play the most). Is AP moving the needle that much?

Edit: Did want to post this blog article from Steinberg about the Skins mailing free tickets for tonight to previous STH, which also mentions the email they are sending comparing what it would cost to go to the Packers, Cowboys, and Eagles games as a STH vice what those tickets are going for on Stubhub right now (they use a LL section in the end zone as an example). After I gave up my club seats 10 years ago, the Skins gave me free Paul McCartney tickets to try and entice me back.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/08/24/now-the-redskins-are-just-mailing-out-free-preseason-tickets/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.078cc756c142

Edited by hail2skins

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

For those who went last week and are going tonight, I'm curious to see how much bigger the crowd is for tonight's game. Last week, I was able to get a club ticket on Stubhub about four hours before the game for $20 (fees included), and I believe upper deck was low teens. For tonight's game, club seats are starting near $60, and uppers are starting near $40......and were near $50 this morning!

I know this game being on a Friday vice Thursday might make a difference, but still, its preseason (albeit the one where the starters play the most). Is AP moving the needle that much?

Edit: Did want to post this blog article from Steinberg about the Skins mailing free tickets for tonight to previous STH, which also mentions the email they are sending comparing what it would cost to go to the Packers, Cowboys, and Eagles games as a STH vice what those tickets are going for on Stubhub right now (they use a LL section in the end zone as an example). After I gave up my club seats 10 years ago, the Skins gave me free Paul McCartney tickets to try and entice me back.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2018/08/24/now-the-redskins-are-just-mailing-out-free-preseason-tickets/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.078cc756c142

This is BS if you ask me.  I can't even give away my pre-season ticket which I'm forced to pay for and here they are giving them out for free.

30 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

This is BS if you ask me.  I can't even give away my pre-season ticket which I'm forced to pay for and here they are giving them out for free.

Agree, just like giving away club seats to upper deck folks a few years ago.

From TV, looks like the crowd size is about the same as last week. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Howie411 said:

>> The latest sign of the Redskins’ continued problems selling seats at FedEx Field: The team has been mailing free tickets (and parking passes) for Friday night’s home preseason finale to former season ticket holders who opted not to renew their seats, in an effort to woo them back.

The free parking passes get me.  I donated my tickets and parking pass to the local Big Brothers/Big Sisters program for the Broncos game.

Was it just me or was the constant music playing between each play really annoying?

I have been a STH for the past 6 years, and i do not recall the music in the stadium being this loud and constant. It was giving me a headache and made it difficult to talk to people close to us.

Maybe I am just getting old, but when I go to a game, I do not need them to add extra "entertainment" on this level. I want to just watch football, drink a beer, and give the Philly/Dallas fans hell!

• Like 2