Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

16 minutes ago, Littleyog said:

Yeah I was surprised there doesn't seem to be a lot of tickets available, I am guessing they either kept them or sold them to brokers.  I thought for sure there would be something worthy to move over towards the sidelines more.  Currently I am in section 105 and there were zero tickets in that section. 

There are seats in 104 and 139 that would be upgrades for you. At least one section closer to the 50.

I'm bummed too. No upgrades for me. I'm in 238 and want to stay in the 200 level. I am too old and can't stand all game long to get seats in the 100 level. With all the complaining, I had hoped more home sideline seats would be available. But then I've been hoping for about 5 years now. :-)

Seats are not disappearing very fast either. I refresh every 5 minutes or so.

Edited by SonnyandSam

14 minutes ago, Littleyog said:

Yeah I was surprised there doesn't seem to be a lot of tickets available, I am guessing they either kept them or sold them to brokers.  I thought for sure there would be something worthy to move over towards the sidelines more.  Currently I am in section 105 and there were zero tickets in that section. 

The email says " Great seat locations will be available! "    So is that true? :)     Also anyone with upper level seats.  Hows the nosebleed looking close to midfield.

9 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

The email says " Great seat locations will be available! "    So is that true? :)     Also anyone with upper level seats.  Hows the nosebleed looking close to midfield.

I don't think upper level is available yet. In the past, they opened lower level first and then the other upgrade windows included the upper level folks. I assume that is still the process. I am already in the lower level so we are not permitted to "downgrade" without going through the ticket office. But there are some very good lower level seats still available at this point.

30 seats between the 45 yard lines, mostly on the visitor side in the 100 level

Edited by SonnyandSam

Very interesting. At about 3pm, dozens of more prime sideline seats opened up on both the home and visitor lower level. They were not there moments before. It was like the Redskins released a bunch of seats for the 2pm window group. 4 seats opened up in section 204 but I dawdled too long whether I wanted them or not and someone else grabbed them. I'm on the other end of the field. Would have just been a one section upgrade but would have been a longer walk to my parking area. I'm a little bummed.

But the interesting news is how hundreds of new seats magically appeared just before 3pm. Hmmmm.

I bit the bullet. I moved over 2 sections to about the 25 yard line in Section 224 on the aisle. Unfortunately, I move to the visitors side. Hopefully I don't regret that. But I've wanted to move closer to the 50 for over 5 years now.

Still curious why so many seats opened up just before 3pm.

Lesson for others. Don't give up once your window opens. I've been checking every 10-15 minutes since 10 am when my window opened and upgraded at about 3:20pm

47 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

I moved over 2 sections to about the 25 yard line in Section 224 on the aisle. Unfortunately, I move to the visitors side

If they get rid of the Obstructed view seats, you should be OK, except for the large presence of fans from the other team.  We brother dumped his pair in section 124.

1 hour ago, suresign said:

Anyone know if we are able to upgrade more than once during the alotted time frame and upgrade program period?

You get locked out at first. In the past, some years we could get back in the next day; sometimes not. Not sure if they have a clear set of rules. One year, long time ago, I upgraded twice during two days.

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

If they get rid of the Obstructed view seats, you should be OK, except for the large presence of fans from the other team.  We brother dumped his pair in section 124.

They were selling obstructed view seats like they were season tickets. At least back as far as the pillars. I didn't see any for sell beyond row 12/13.

I heard the same rumors you heard. Seats in front of the pillars are not bad seats in most cases. Overhang can be an issue for some.

Were your seats on the aisle in row 3?

Edited by SonnyandSam

There are some great seats left.   I'm not a big fan of the visitors side lowers, it always seems crowded, however, there are two pairs of aisle seats available in section 214.

On the Skins side, there are two pairs of seats, in section 238 rows 4 & 5. They might be under cover.   There's a single seat, in section 142. The views don't get much better than that, unless you can score 242, but that'll never happen.    There are ****-loads of seats available in all of the lower end-zone sections.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

46 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

There are some great seats left.   I'm not a big fan of the visitors side lowers, it always seems crowded, however, there are two pairs of aisle seats available in section 214.

On the Skins side, there are two pairs of seats, in section 238 rows 4 & 5. They might be under cover.   There's a single seat, in section 142. The views don't get much better than that, unless you can score 242, but that'll never happen.    There are ****-loads of seats available in all of the lower end-zone sections.

Yep, section 238 rows 4 and 5 are under cover. That's my old section.

And for the person who asked yesterday, I cannot upgrade as of 8am Friday morning after having upgraded a about 3:30pm Thursday. Can't see my tickets or available seats.

Edited by SonnyandSam
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

You get locked out at first. In the past, some years we could get back in the next day; sometimes not. Not sure if they have a clear set of rules. One year, long time ago, I upgraded twice during two days.

They were selling obstructed view seats like they were season tickets. At least back as far as the pillars. I didn't see any for sell beyond row 12/13.

I heard the same rumors you heard. Seats in front of the pillars are not bad seats in most cases. Overhang can be an issue for some.

Row 13 (next to the pillars) on the visitor side is not OV.  Row 14 and above are.  I didn't search for that old MarkTheHomer thread with everything about FedEx but it had incredible detail on the OV seats.  Everything from Row 13 forward should be totally fine for seeing the whole field (yes the overhang will likely obstruct punts in rows 11-13 but that should be about it), though the seat or two right next to the pillars in row 13 only may have some minor obstruction, don't know for sure as I've never sat there). For what it's worth i'm in row 6 of 223 and am fine with the visitor side except for the fact that it's crowded due to all the OV seats (which are I believe rows 14-22 so there are a LOT of them and they almost always are sold to a large amount/majority of visiting team fans who likely buy them on the secondary market and don't realize how crappy many of them are, though I agree some in those first few rows between the pillars are probably decent).  The actual worst thing about the real OV seats is that the steepness of the grade of the stadium is shallower than rows 1-13 so seeing above the people in front of you is more difficult).  If they actually do take them out, it will be a fantastic upgrade for the experience of the visiting side of the stadium, I really hope they do.  Has anyone gotten any more word from the TO on this?

In any case, I wouldn't tell anyone not to buy seats in the 200s on the visitor side that are not OV, I think there are some in 223 right now it's a great view of the game (I wouldn't trade my seats for anything other than 221/222, or home side 200s in the 4 sections closest to the 50 which I will never get because there are only 6 rows over there, and by the way I almost never see even singles open in 221 or 222 come relocation time). 

Edited by asacks

15 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

Row 16 on the aisle next to section 123.  The seats are next to a bunch of folks we have known for a long time.  We offered the pair to one of them, but they did not want an entire season.  These seats are/were in my brothers name.  He said the TO had been calling him since the deadline about renewing them.  

46 minutes ago, asacks said:

ALL, a bunch more seats seem to have been released this morning, including seats on the 50s on the visitor side.  Go check for your upgrades.

This really irritates me. Why not open all available seats to people at the beginning? What if I waited and now could have gotten better seats than I got at 3pm yesterday. I just don't get it. Shouldn't people in the lower level sideline, corners and then end zone get first crack at sideline seats before upper deck and less senior season ticket holders? The TO ticket policy has never been consistent or fair. Arrggghhh.

34 minutes ago, SonnyandSam said:

This really irritates me. Why not open all available seats to people at the beginning? What if I waited and now could have gotten better seats than I got at 3pm yesterday. I just don't get it. Shouldn't people in the lower level sideline, corners and then end zone get first crack at sideline seats before upper deck and less senior season ticket holders? The TO ticket policy has never been consistent or fair. Arrggghhh.

I agree it is very strange. I've also never seen pairs on the 50s available before this year (note that they are 100s so neither you nor I would likely want them, I still didn't see much in 200s in 221/222, there were a few but rows 11-13, and NOTHING in 200s on home side so I don't think you would have done better than the seats you got which are awesome).   So rest easy and enjoy your seats but I agree the system seems to make very little/no sense.

Also notice there is a LOT less activity/interest on this than previous years on this board.  Demand sure isn't what it used to be......FWIW i still look forward to going to these dumb games!  We could all be hermits and hole up in our basements in front of the TV forever (lord knows I do it plenty) but it's not as much fun as watching live with 60,000 other people (yes, it's no longer 80,000), at least for me, but to each his own and because of it I now get way better seats then I could've dreamed possible 10 years ago.

What doesn't make sense is the actual Seat Upgrade Program lasts 2 weeks, but yet once you upgrade you don't have the option to attempt to upgrade again. My window opened up early Wednesday and there was nothing to choose from then. I waited and checked again on Thursday afternoon and got some really nice seats after a boatload were opened up or released by the ticket office. In past years I had been able to upgrade multiple times during this process. Why have it last 2 weeks if you cannot access it completely for the full 2 weeks?????

I gave up a sweet pair in section 102 I've had for years on Thursday.  Just curious if anyone on here scooped them up!

1 hour ago, asacks said:

I agree it is very strange. I've also never seen pairs on the 50s available before this year (note that they are 100s so neither you nor I would likely want them, I still didn't see much in 200s in 221/222, there were a few but rows 11-13, and NOTHING in 200s on home side so I don't think you would have done better than the seats you got which are awesome).   So rest easy and enjoy your seats but I agree the system seems to make very little/no sense.

Also notice there is a LOT less activity/interest on this than previous years on this board.  Demand sure isn't what it used to be......FWIW i still look forward to going to these dumb games!  We could all be hermits and hole up in our basements in front of the TV forever (lord knows I do it plenty) but it's not as much fun as watching live with 60,000 other people (yes, it's no longer 80,000), at least for me, but to each his own and because of it I now get way better seats then I could've dreamed possible 10 years ago.

I agree, there is much less interest in seat upgrades than past years. We used to add pages every day of people interested and declaring their upgrades. Sad.

And yes, we are in agreement (probably in the minority) that there really is something special about watching our dear Redskins in person. A lot of fans poo-poo the idea of seeing the game live in person. I understand the value to entertainment ratio argument. Never understood people's complaints about the "game day experience". For me, the football game IS the game day experience. Not the food, beer, pomp and circumstance, Wi-Fi, parking, ease of access, and other stuff.

Thanks for the seating update. I guess I don't feel so bad if I'm not missing possible seats closer to the 50.

HTTR!

not much going on in the upper deck now that my time just started.  I'm in 449, Row 1 on the aisle.   Only decent seat I see is 451 row 2 (2 seats from the aisle).  Dont think its worth giving up and aisle and front row for 2 sections closer to mid field.  Thoughts?

Yeah this entire upgrade window has been ridiculous.  My upgrade window was Thursday and there was 0 tickets available in my section.  Now today there are over 50!!!!  I mean I am hoping I didn't miss the chance to move closer or someone with rows behind me already moved up.  What do you know the Ticket office screws us again, no transparency!

22 hours ago, SonnyandSam said:

Yep, section 238 rows 4 and 5 are under cover. That's my old section.

We didn't renew our two tix in 238 row 4 so those are probably mine although I just got another email that it's not too late to renew.

Great seats, under cover, hardly any standing, just not a good product to own anymore IMO.  I'll be able to low ball all of you now when you try to sell yours :)

We got great seats. Section 142, row 19 seats 16 & 17. We have held season tickets since 1999 and started in the last row upper deck in the ed zone. Had better view of the Washington Monument than the field with those seats. We were excited to just have tickets. Stuck with the tickets and always upgraded when we could. Moved a bunch of times but always to better seats. Really looking forward to these seats at the 50 yard-line on the Redskins side in row 19!  HTTR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobinTom said:

We got great seats. Section 142, row 19 seats 16 & 17. We have held season tickets since 1999 and started in the last row upper deck in the ed zone. Had better view of the Washington Monument than the field with those seats. We were excited to just have tickets. Stuck with the tickets and always upgraded when we could. Moved a bunch of times but always to better seats. Really looking forward to these seats at the 50 yard-line on the Redskins side in row 19!  HTTR

That's a great location, but just be aware and prepared to have to stand the whole entire game. I just gave up my seats in section 102 this year and moved back to section 240 row 5 for that reason. My seats in section 102 were an awesome view of the field, but because of the worthless Dream Seats it just got annoying to have to stand every entire game for several seasons. The Dream Seats cause a domino effect that makes everyone have to stand in the lower level sideline seats. 

I am stoked to have moved to section 240 row 5 though! Anybody in or near that section or can provide any insight? I never had the opportunity to sit in the 200's on the Redskins home side of the field. Is row 5 far enough back to be under the overhang and out of the rain? I realize there are only 6 rows in the section so I'm hoping so and looking forward to not having to stand the entire game.