Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

got this email today: 

Our Loyal Season Ticket Member,

I hope this email finds you well!   My name is ____________ and I’m with the Washington Redskins. I’m reaching out with a special opportunity to bring additional family, friends, clients, etc. out to Redskins games this season!  We have some great seats available for purchase in your current section; some even in the same row and some right next to your current seats!!   Please let me know if you or someone you know would like to further discuss this and Add-On Some seats! We want as many Redskins fans in our stadium to Cheer us on for this exciting upcoming year! My contact in is below. Hope to hear from you soon!

So I guess they dont want us to see exactly how many are available right now

16 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

got this email today: 

So I guess they dont want us to see exactly how many are available right now

I received a similiar email. A pair opened up next to me in 237. They're great seats, row 7, under cover, and against a wall

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I received a similiar email. A pair opened up next to me in 237. They're great seats, row 7, under cover, and against a wall

I didn't receive one of those e-mails.

However, I did receive something addressed to the Fan Captains.   :headbang:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I didn't receive one of those e-mails.

However, I did receive something addressed to the Fan Captains.   :headbang:

They probably only contact ticket holders who sit I sections where there is availability. I received the Fan Captain email too, but it was too last-minute so, sadly, we cannot make it.  Dammit!

Just now, Skinsfan1311 said:

They probably only contact ticket holders who sit I sections where there is availability. I received the Fan Captain email too, but it was too last-minute so, sadly, we cannot make it.  Dammit!

Wednesdays are probably the best evenings for me to make an event at the Stadium, what with my office now in Fairview Park.  I couldn't make the Fan Forum in May as it was on a Tuesday (summer league startup).

BTW, I will be out of town for the Green Bay preseason game for a visit with my mom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

When I get back home from vacation I might email them, but I had multiple people attend games with me- primarily to tailgate- and they were happy buying upper level tickets for cheap and hanging out at the Bud Light pavilion, and they would rotate through the other seat next to me every quarter.  I didnt see the seats next to me open during the exchange sale, and I think a seller has those, as I never saw the same person there last year. 

On 7/11/2017 at 11:55 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Then again, it may be a moot point.  Three hours before the event and I have yet to receive any information (entrance, parking instructions) as per Monday's e-mail invitation.  (It's probably the same as the other events but I'm not going to drive half the DC Beltway in 1800 hour traffic unless I know it's a gig and I'm confirmed.)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

Any word on when tickets are supposed to be sent out/FedExed?....first preseason game is Aug. 19

The last few years tickets have arrived about 1-1.5 weeks before the first home preseason game

4 hours ago, sundancer91 said:

Yea they really lag on getting the tickets out. They don't  give you much time to sell preseason tickets. My friend got his Giants tickets over a week ago.

thats really early.  The Orioles always get me mine about 3 weeks before the start of the season.......the one year we opened on the road, they still came at the same time.  

21 hours ago, sundancer91 said:

Yea they really lag on getting the tickets out. They don't  give you much time to sell preseason tickets. My friend got his Giants tickets over a week ago.

The tickets aren't the issue, they can be sent electronically.

It's the parking passes that are a **** because,  unless I'm missing something, you can't transfer those electronically.  

Not sure I believe the ticket rep that called me today, becasue 2 seats next to my seats are open. But he said tickets will start shipping by the end of this week and we should have them in hand by the end of next week.

Interesting -- Of course, part of this is the reduction in stadium size, but still.. what about that big wait list?  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/sports-teams-running-out-of-fans/ss-BBEBT7V?li=BBnb7Kz#image=2

17. Washington Redskins

> 10 yr. attendance change: -10.6%
> Sport: Football
> Avg. home game attendance: 78,304
> Avg. capacity filled: 85.4%

The Washington Redskins are one of two NFL franchises to report a more than 10% decline in attendance between 2006 and 2016. In 2006, coming off a relatively successful season culminating in a divisional game loss to the Seattle Seahawks, FedExField was regularly filled to capacity for home games. In contrast, the stadium was only filled, on average, to about 85% capacity last season. The relative lack of interest in the team this year was punctuated by the preseason release of once-promising quarterback and 2012 offensive rookie of the year award winner, Robert Griffin III. RGIII was at one point expected to be Washington’s savior.

18 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Tickets will be sent out over the next few days. They are being sent directly from the printers on Arkansas.

I receive an e-mail from FedEx that a package is on the way from Van Buren, AR; sounds like the tickets are on the way.

In most seasons past, we've had to sign for them.  I clicked on the tracking link and saw the following ... "Special handling section: Deliver Weekday, No Signature Required."

So I definitely need to customize the delivery to hold them at a FedEx location until I get back from Michigan as I don't need them sitting outside my door for four days.

Egads !!

1 minute ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I receive an e-mail from FedEx that a package is on the way from Van Buren, AR; sounds like the tickets are on the way.

In most seasons past, we've had to sign for them.  I clicked on the tracking link and saw the following ... "Special handling section: Deliver Weekday, No Signature Required."

Awesome!!!! They stopped the sign for a few years ago. My thinking is when you were able to print them at home. Once you print at home the hard ticket barcode does not work. So why pay the extra money for signature.

1 minute ago, just654 said:

Awesome!!!! They stopped the sign for a few years ago. My thinking is when you were able to print them at home. Once you print at home the hard ticket barcode does not work. So why pay the extra money for signature.

That makes sense.  I was able to adjust mine to be held at a FedEx location for pickup when I get back in town on the 7th.

• Like 1

I've had 4 seats for years and dropped 2 of them for this season (circumstances decided that I could only afford 2 this year).  A couple weeks ago someone from the ticket office called me to let me know that 2 seats were open right next to mine and they wanted to give me the chance to grab them.  Yeah, they tried to sell me back the tickets I had just dropped. :P

In any case...getting antsy for my tickets to arrive.  I'm jonesin' for that new ticket smell.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stugein said:

Yeah, they tried to sell me back the tickets I had just dropped. :P

884222859-570_Jim-Carrey-admits-Ace-Vent

Are ya SURE you don't want those tickets? 

We have a HUGE waitlist and you might not EVER be able to get them back.

'cause we have ONE MILLION NAMES on the waitlist.....

1_Million_Dollar_Dr_Evil_aus_Austin_Powe

Edited by MarkB452
  • Like 3