bryantlc

Season Ticket Renewals

Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2017 at 11:04 PM, LCA77 said:

They will definitely change it for you. They gave me until July 1 last year but they don't advertise that. When you call, they will give it to you with no questions asked if it is the same as prior years. 

 

Yep, called my ticket rep and she split it to 4 months like last year for me.  Required me to sign some Adobe PDF though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

..got an email the other day to add more tickets to my account:

 

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/redskinswl/EN/buy/details/17FS10

 

Non-obstructed Lower level pairs are available.....

What sections?  I looked at your link, but couldn't figure out what was available. We're in the back row of 236. The only move that we would consider would.be similar seats,  in 237. I think that the price goes up once you hit 238.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could not search by section....you could only specify a price point and how many seats you wanted. It would come back with no more than two options.  I found a single in the row behind my seats, but I am not looking to add more seats at this point...found it interesting that there are already pairs available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

You could not search by section....you could only specify a price point and how many seats you wanted. It would come back with no more than two options.  I found a single in the row behind my seats, but I am not looking to add more seats at this point...found it interesting that there are already pairs available.

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like lower level has pairs available in the corners (non obstructed view)

Upper deck has sideline pairs available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really considering dropping my tickets after only a season due to the whole McCloughan debacle, as well as closing on a new house on March 30th.  I think I will probably give them this year, but after that, it's going to be a choice between Orioles and Redskins season tickets. 

 

Also, I do find it interesting that paired tickets are available this early as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

Looks like lower level has pairs available in the corners (non obstructed view)

Upper deck has sideline pairs available.

Skins side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why people are considering renewing if they lose Cousins. This team is headed for 5-11 if it does

9 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Really considering dropping my tickets after only a season due to the whole McCloughan debacle, as well as closing on a new house on March 30th.  I think I will probably give them this year, but after that, it's going to be a choice between Orioles and Redskins season tickets. 

 

Also, I do find it interesting that paired tickets are available this early as well. 

You can go to every game or majority without paying face.  Drop your tickets and focus on home equity and an investment.  Putting money into this team will get 0 return. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I'm not sure why people are considering renewing if they lose Cousins. This team is headed for 5-11 if it does

You can go to every game or majority without paying face.  Drop your tickets and focus on home equity and an investment.  Putting money into this team will get 0 return. 

You are 100% correct, except for the 0 return part. It's usually worse than that.  I consider it discretionary spending. 

It's too late to drop tickets, for the majority of STH's who have committed and paid. 

The Skins are smart, pulling these stunts after the invoices are due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to hold out renewing this year, but my ticket partner was all in. I might try to get him to take the whole season. I just not sure I can sit through a 4-12 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Really considering dropping my tickets after only a season due to the whole McCloughan debacle

Seems like a silly reason.

 

Season tickets with this team are not for the faint of heart. Might want to wait until something actually happens.

 

Plenty of legit reasons to not get tickets or drop them.

 

Unsubstantiated claims by Chris russell, of all people, isn't anywhere on that list.

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

 

The Skins are smart, pulling these stunts after the invoices are due.

Invoices aren't due until April 3rd. March 1st was a bonus yardage thing.

 

I know conspiracy theories are fun but this organization isn't equipped to pull them off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tshile said:

 

Invoices aren't due until April 3rd. March 1st was a bonus yardage thing.

 

I know conspiracy theories are fun but this organization isn't equipped to pull them off.

 

1) Yeah, I know, but we always pay, or initiate payments, before then.   I've been hoarding points :)   The "Chalk Talk" thing will be the first time I've ever redeemed any.

2) Agreed, my statement was purely tongue-in-cheek.   I figure a great deal of ES posters are so negative, and think that the Skins are so conniving, that I would jump on the bandwagon, and post ridiculous **** too.

 

I don't look at our tickets as an investment, that's just silly.  I know that we can go to games cheaper getting tix on the open market, (we learned that when we split our tickets for the 2015 season), but we love our seats,(under cover), enjoy the camaraderie with the fans around us, and it's definitely a plus not dicking around, scrambling to find tickets and parking passes.   

 

I'm surprised at how many people jump ship, or say that they will,  (maybe not as far as ST's go), but for everything else.  We're in it for the long-haul  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

 

1) Yeah, I know, but we always pay, or initiate payments, before then.   I've been hoarding points :)   The "Chalk Talk" thing will be the first time I've ever redeemed any.

2) Agreed, my statement was purely tongue-in-cheek.   I figure a great deal of ES posters are so negative, and think that the Skins are so conniving, that I would jump on the bandwagon, and post ridiculous **** too.

 

I don't look at our tickets as an investment, that's just silly.  I know that we can go to games cheaper getting tix on the open market, (we learned that when we split our tickets for the 2015 season), but we love our seats,(under cover), enjoy the camaraderie with the fans around us, and it's definitely a plus not dicking around, scrambling to find tickets and parking passes.   

 

I'm surprised at how many people jump ship, or say that they will,  (maybe not as far as ST's go), but for everything else.  We're in it for the long-haul  

 

... as I thought our front office was until this three-way with San Fran and Dallas to bring [R]omo to town surfaced which I believe gets amplified now that Pierre has signed out west.

 

WTOP has a great article - http://wtop.com/sports-columns/2017/03/redskins-back-old-tricks - and making me glad that I have not committed to this year's season tickets yet.

Edited by HouseBowlrz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was originally going to drop from 4 seats to 2, but it looks like the federal government doesn't want me to be able to afford tickets at all this year.

 

Damn.  :(

Edited by Stugein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a lot of good seats available this year . I have 6 seats and I am sure I will re-up again,but is getting harder and harder to give this team my money when it seems like all they care about is milking fans out of their last dollar and not trying to actually win. FIRE BRUCE !!!! HTTR...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for me, my wife enjoys going to the games and doesn't stay in tune to the dysfunction that this organization's front office exudes.  If it were left up to me, we would have given up our season tix years ago.

 

My ace in the hole here is Kirk situation.  Wife loves Kirk and keeps asking me if he's going to be our QB.  I think she's wavering on the tix this year for this very reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am struggling with this (and I used to run a ticket search engine) How are seson tickets better than an 80" lcd? 

 

I can only come up with 80" tvs are hard to move and 80" tvs may break. 

Edited by Cliffmark1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2017 at 7:13 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

You are 100% correct, except for the 0 return part. It's usually worse than that.  I consider it discretionary spending. 

It's too late to drop tickets, for the majority of STH's who have committed and paid. 

The Skins are smart, pulling these stunts after the invoices are due.

LOL.  The Skins were doing this 15 years ago and I told them to pound sand they'll get their money when I give it to them.  Sometimes it was in mid July.   They are ecstatic to get anyone renewing, STH hold the cards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else renew theirs a few days before all of this happened? I would like to feel better about my mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeeb said:

Anyone else renew theirs a few days before all of this happened? I would like to feel better about my mistake.

 

We did, a couple of weeks ago. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeeb said:

Anyone else renew theirs a few days before all of this happened? I would like to feel better about my mistake.

Yup. It was happening when I renewed on 3/1, but the story didn't get to me until the afternoon or maybe the next day that he wasn't at the combine. I always knew there was a chance his alcoholism would send him away, but I didn't expect this, especially right as the offseason gets going  full swing needing its GM. (And I doubt it's his alcoholism at this point after reading today's WaPo.) Insanity. I feel duped. Still, I have to think I'd still renew. I'm a dumb die hard used to the abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope jackass Danny boy is happy seeing all those Dallas fans in the stands because the only people filling that stadium is the fans of other teams. **** the redskins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't recall if you can cancel even after you've started to pay for a renewal.  Technically since no services/product has been rendered yet you should be able to cancel for a full refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cliffmark1 said:

I am struggling with this (and I used to run a ticket search engine) How are seson tickets better than an 80" lcd? 

 

I can only come up with 80" tvs are hard to move and 80" tvs may break. 

 

1080p projector is easy to move.  DIY reflective paint.  Instant 120+" screen.  Seatgeek 4 hours prior to kickoff on less than desirable games to scratch that itch.

Just sayin' . . . 

Edited by catmandu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.