Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Those guys are clueless enough as is already. They almost caused an accident with us. We came from Arena Drive (before we started taking East Capitol) and they make you drive through some of the orange / green lots to get to the B3 lot. Well we had to cross Garrett Morgan and they directed us to go, yet failed to stop the traffic on Garrett Morgan, almost caused a T bone.

Seems like lot B3 wasn't filled until the final hour leading up to gametime in recent years. I researched the how and why of lot B3 a few years back, thinking it would be an ideal place for green tailgates. I noticed the limited access points which allowed ample room for spreading out tailgates and tossing the football. The lot never seemed to be full when I was walking in to the stadium from A3.

The east/west access road which connects Arena Dr. entry to Hill Oaks Rd. is roped off for the first 2-3 hours after the lots open. Once Arena backs up heavily due to green F3 on the east side being full, they open the road to B3 for west bound flow only. The access road crosses Morgan Blvd. as Metro walkers have to stop for cars to cross. Post game, B3 patrons must use Morgan Blvd. to exit.

Rerouting the exit from B3 can be very unforgiving to those unfamiliar with the area.

The road from B3 north to Sherriff Rd. was only open for post game exiting in recent years, no pregame entry.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Yeah I can back up the the 'B3 doesn't fill up till an hour before kickoff.' I've never seen it filled when I've left for the game (usually leave an hour before kickoff). When I come back there are more cars parked in the lot, but nothing close to what it is when I've left.

BTW, since we're talking about parking passes - I went to the Kenny Chesney concert (not to actually see the concert, mind you, but just for an excuse to tailgate), and the parking passes, which were the same shape and size as the ones we're familiar with, had a distinct difference. As I approached the parking attendant, he made me stop. He walked up to me and asked me to hand him my parking pass. I did. He then tore off a stub at the bottom. I hadn't even noticed it, but there was a horizontal perforation along the bottom of the pass. The attendant kept the stub, game me back the pass, and I then re-hung it on my mirror. Nothing was scanned.

This could be used, though, to deny entry to those who leave and come back during the pre-game. It could be used to invalidate passes for those who re-sell their passes after they enter (I've never seen this done, but I suppose it's possible), and it could be used as an anti-counterfeit measure.

So this change may be coming in 2011.

BTW, since we're talking about parking passes - I went to the Kenny Chesney concert (not to actually see the concert, mind you, but just for an excuse to tailgate), and the parking passes, which were the same shape and size as the ones we're familiar with, had a distinct difference. As I approached the parking attendant, he made me stop. He walked up to me and asked me to hand him my parking pass. I did. He then tore off a stub at the bottom. I hadn't even noticed it, but there was a horizontal perforation along the bottom of the pass. The attendant kept the stub, game me back the pass, and I then re-hung it on my mirror. Nothing was scanned.

This could be used, though, to deny entry to those who leave and come back during the pre-game. It could be used to invalidate passes for those who re-sell their passes after they enter (I've never seen this done, but I suppose it's possible), and it could be used as an anti-counterfeit measure.

So this change may be coming in 2011.

I noticed it at the Kenny Chesney concert as well. It was my first Country and Western concert ever. I thought it was a pretty good time though.

I have seen some high quality fake parking passes over the years. People make a copy on a professional quality scanner on good stock paper, and glue an old hologram onto the copy. If you held it in your hand its 100% fake, but if you were just looking in the windshields of cars it looks legit. This would curb that as well.

If the attendants have to now physically tear the stub off of each pass, the lines to enter the lots will flow like pine sap after 10:00am. You'd hope they could scan them if validating each pass becomes necessary.

Very true. The Kenny Chesney concert only had about 52,000 people there and people rolled in over a long time frame.

If the attendants have to now physically tear the stub off of each pass, the lines to enter the lots will flow like pine sap after 10:00am. You'd hope they could scan them if validating each pass becomes necessary.

A couple years ago they started that and marked your passing pass with a black marker during preseason. It took forever to get in the lots and they quickly abandoned that idea.

A couple years ago they started that and marked your passing pass with a black marker during preseason. It took forever to get in the lots and they quickly abandoned that idea.

Maybe they will go ICC in the future and require everybody to have a ezpass. LOL

I agree RFK. Us early arrivers won't be affected much but all those people who typically arrive in the 2nd quarter won't get in now until the 3rd quarter. We are going to have even more empty seats in the first quarter than ever before.

I wonder if the Skins suspect heavy counterfeit numbers for parking passes?

Very interesting about the parking passes. Back in 2006 when I was unfamiliar with the areas around Fedex Field, a friend of mine told me about a place he parks at that's 'hidden', not going to mention where because apparently it's still there. Either way I couldn't find it so I had to buy a parking pass. It was fake as hell after looking at other green passes, but the attendants let us right on in with the other cars. Not to mention this was with lines of cars, it's not like they got a quick glance, they easily could have seen it.

Very interesting about the parking passes. Back in 2006 when I was unfamiliar with the areas around Fedex Field, a friend of mine told me about a place he parks at that's 'hidden', not going to mention where because apparently it's still there. Either way I couldn't find it so I had to buy a parking pass. It was fake as hell after looking at other green passes, but the attendants let us right on in with the other cars. Not to mention this was with lines of cars, it's not like they got a quick glance, they easily could have seen it.

Sorry to sound mean, but some of those attendants probably don't even know their middle name half the time. While some are professional and helpful, I have had numerous experiences with others who clearly don't know what is going on and might not be "all there". 2 seasons ago I had an Orange pass and was directed to the Green lot because Orange was full. The attendant reeked of booze and practically stuck his head in my car to tell me that my car would be towed if I parked in Green with an Orange pass, but if I gave him $20 he would make sure it didn't happen. When I said no, he proceeded to ask a couple more times. Classy guy.

Yeah some of them are simple, no doubt about it - and I'm not saying that due to lack of education, I think some people are just stupid and they happen to be those people. Anyways I scanned the parking pass to give you a comparison. Granted the real one is newer, and will have some changes compared to the 2006 versions, but either way you get the point.

passa.jpg

Yeah some of them are simple, no doubt about it - and I'm not saying that due to lack of education, I think some people are just stupid and they happen to be those people. Anyways I scanned the parking pass to give you a comparison. Granted the real one is newer, and will have some changes compared to the 2006 versions, but either way you get the point.

The fake one has spelling and grammar mistakes too. What a hack job.

I was reading that on my crackberry and though I could barely see the image I was dying from laughter.

What is sadder is I fully beleive that some of the parking attendants would miss that, I think after awhile they just look for a color.

Oh well, you got in for that game, and thats what matters. lol

Yeah. I never had seen a parking pass before that, so I figured it was right. Then of course after the spelling errors I was like yeah.....then noticed some of the other green passes as we got closer and how much shinier they were. It worked though as you said and that's all I care about!