Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Got an #HTTR t shirt via FedEx today from the team.

no. i imagine they're trying desperately to get more season ticket holders before they schedule the upgrades.

My account rep said Monday the 16th is the deadline and then they'll be released. He's holding mine longer, though, since I asked him to as I try to find a buyer.

This will be my first year as a season ticket holder. I currently have 2 tickets in section 426 row 7. I'm considering changing to club level seats in the end zone or corner. Anyone have a preference between these two options? Keeping in mind that I will be going to most games with my 8 year old son...

This will be my first year as a season ticket holder. I currently have 2 tickets in section 426 row 7. I'm considering changing to club level seats in the end zone or corner. Anyone have a preference between these two options? Keeping in mind that I will be going to most games with my 8 year old son...

If you can afford the club level. Then the club level is the way to go. I have been thinking about moving for years. Just so you know you can find clubs for about $100 a seat on gameday. And you can sell for uppers for just under face. Around $60-70 a ticket so you are only spending an extra $70 for club. 

The club level is really nice. On bad weather games you can go inside to warm up at half.

Having said that, I'd prefer the 426 because you're much closer to midfield.

If you want to sit in the club level, I doubt the Redskins will offer the seats below the $250 per game (per seat) price point.  I would go the Stubhub route.  Given the opponents coming into FedEx this season, clubs might not be as cheap as $100, but you should be able to buy them for significantly less than what the team will ask.

If you want to sit in the club level, I doubt the Redskins will offer the seats below the $250 per game (per seat) price point.  I would go the Stubhub route.  Given the opponents coming into FedEx this season, clubs might not be as cheap as $100, but you should be able to buy them for significantly less than what the team will ask.

I think this is the route I'm going to take.  Stick with section 426 and maybe buy club level seats once or twice.  I tried, but I can't justify spending all that money for club level season tickets. 

You have to know when to use Stubhub. Typically SH is over priced until game week. Tues-Weds, and sometimes Thurs before a Sunday match-up are the best time to capitalize on what the TO dumps. Most people don't have the patience to wait. It pisses me off that Stubhub removed the 'no-fees' rewards benefit for frequent customers. I'm sure ticket costs still balance out to normal market values over the long run, but it was really nice to pay the price seen advertised, and nothing more. That feature ended last year. 

I think this is the route I'm going to take.  Stick with section 426 and maybe buy club level seats once or twice.  I tried, but I can't justify spending all that money for club level season tickets. 

I would do that and see what you think.

You'll definitely be able to upgrade to club for any season for the near future. And honestly.... if you go to one game in club and decide that's really where you want to be, I'd be willing to bet you could call them Monday morning and upgrade your seats mid-season to club and still get a 'deal.'

One thing to consider, if you do upgrade to club, is they often offer a 'deal' where you get club seats for 2-3 years and then you can move down near the 50 yard line and skip the rest of us chumps. As far as I'm aware they've honor those deals, but I would definitely get something in writing from someone that matters on team letterhead. So if you were interested in eventually making it to the lower level near mid field you could go that route if you can afford it.

You have to know when to use Stubhub. Typically SH is over priced until game week. Tues-Weds, and sometimes Thurs before a Sunday match-up are the best time to capitalize on what the TO dumps. Most people don't have the patience to wait. It pisses me off that Stubhub removed the 'no-fees' rewards benefit for frequent customers. I'm sure ticket costs still balance out to normal market values over the long run, but it was really nice to pay the price seen advertised, and nothing more. That feature ended last year. 

There is never a good reason to choose Stubhub.  You can get the same seats elsewhere without the fees.

• Like 1

There is never a good reason to choose Stubhub.  You can get the same seats elsewhere without the fees.

Obviously not a scientific study, but the one time in the last year that I compared the different sites, I found Stubhub had cheaper ticket prices, but high fees.  Seatgeek had higher ticket prices and no fees.  The total for both was right about the same.  This was for US Women's soccer tickets in Philly which I didn't end up buying because both sites were way overpriced for an exhibition game.  I've never really compared for Redskins tickets.

I've used seat geek for other events and thought it was solid. Would definitely recommend

...I have been very happy with seatgeek, though they do NOT stand behind the tickets that are "sold" through their site. One time, I had a problem with a seller never delivering my ticket and seatgeek basically told me to deal with the actual seller. I believe that seller is no longer on their site. Stubhub will stand behind what they sell (as they have the credit card info of the seller).

The beauty of Stubhub is the customer service reps are onsite at Fedex, in case there are complications. On two occasions I arrived at the turnstiles in Landover to find that my SH bought tix had already been scanned in. A quick trip to the SH trailer and they had me all set up with replacement tix. The replacement tix weren't quite as good, but I still got to sit in he seats I had paid for. Plus I got 50% of the purchase cost credited toward my next event, which was like $150 each time. Conclusion, the TO gave my seats to somebody else on gameday morning after I had purchased my tix online. In both instances my purchases were prime, club seats. Just the kind the TO dumps, and certainly not the kind a club seat holder would sell at a deeply discounted rate during game week. Nobody else came to the seats with a claim at either game. If hadn't been an experienced SH user, my gameday would have been ruined by the TO. 

But even better than SH, the hustlers outside still provide the best ticket deals for most games. 

...I have been very happy with seatgeek, though they do NOT stand behind the tickets that are "sold" through their site. One time, I had a problem with a seller never delivering my ticket and seatgeek basically told me to deal with the actual seller. I believe that seller is no longer on their site. Stubhub will stand behind what they sell (as they have the credit card info of the seller).

Fair enough, I haven't had any problems so I can't speak tot hat.

One thing about StubHub, they only stand behind their sales if it's within 30 days of the event. This is something MTH put in one of those big threads about tickets/the stadium. So the standard advice for StubHub is to not buy your tickets too far in advance, or that service you paid extra for won't actually help you.

I thought we'd have seen it by now. Last year the option for addition tickets came in April. The Seat Upgrade announcement came mid May. My actual upgrade day was 5/29 last year. I haven't heard word of anything since I started paying the invoice.

Just called the ticket office. Last day to renew is this Saturday. Once that day passes the upgrade process should start not to far after that. No date given. 

so....

two whole months after the deadline, they actually have the deadline.

and now the post about lower level seats off the waitlist

we are a dying breed. make sure to enjoy the end.