Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Get off the bench and find out more.
Upper and lower level seats available RIGHT NOW | Use Promo Code SKINSmgm

>> Hmmmm.....looks like lower level seats are still available even after the upgrade process....what does that tell you?

Great perks for people who have never been season ticket holders before and we get nothing.

>> Reminds me of a line from Caddy Shack:   "You'll get NOTHING and like it!".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6l1QljpMo

With the demise of the AAA tailgate, I am hoping we will see better SWAG, but I am not holding my breath.

I used to be a club seat holder thru 2008 and got a card from the Skins today enticing me to rejoin.  The card mentioned complimentary access to the "Premium Kickoff Club" catered pregame buffet, as well as mentioned that the MGM National Harbor Club (which is in the space in the club level formally occupied by the cigar bar) will be a full-service restaurant (last year I think they only served nachos). By the time I got home, the office was closed and thus don't know how much they're starting club seats at these days.

I'm looking forward to walking straight through the gate © without a break in stride like I used to do in the pre-Snyder days...

I guess they're gonna have to run their dumb detector wands on me though

Terrorists suck

And I miss being able to go to your car and back if you wanted at half time too

Terrorists do suck

Edited by DButz65

How many upper deck seats are left?

I think it would be cool if they just took all of them out. It would also make going to a game a big deal again since it would become a tough ticket just based on scarcity even if their record is poor. 

How many seats?

There are 54 sections in the 400 level.

16 of those are "Big" sections and the rest (38) are "little" sections.

Big section:  I am very confident on the 21 rows number...not sure about the average per row.

21 rows x 26 (seats per row on average) x 16 big sections = 8736

little section:  (Not sure on the row or seats per row)

10? rows x 15? (seats per row on average) x 38 little sections = 5700

So, not counting the SRO on the 400 level, I would guesstimate that there are about 14,436 SEATS in the 400 level. 

If I had to give a range, I would say 13,700 - 15,150.....this does not include the SRO tickets.

• Like 3

How many seats?

There are 54 sections in the 400 level....

If I had to give a range, I would say 13,700 - 15,150.....this does not include the SRO tickets.

I think your math is spot on, and that it's likely at the lower end of that range given that several of the rows around the tunnels are shorter rows.  What's interesting is that when the stadium was built, all 54 of those sections had 29 rows.  If we go with 26 seats per row for 16 big sections and 15 seats per row for the remaining 38 sections, the original upper deck capacity was something like 28,500+ seats.  So perhaps as many as 15,000 seats have now been removed from the upper deck.  

Even more interesting (at least to me) is it drops the stadium well below what Jack Kent Cooke wanted for it.  He targeted 78,000 seats in his plans, and it opened with 80,116 seats.  Several websites report that capacity peaked at north of 91,000 in 2004.  The rollbacks on seats then started in 2010.  Capacity for last season was reported at 79,000.  The post reports as many as 6,000 more have been removed this off-season, which would make the new normal about 73,000.   That's a net reduction of almost 20,000 from the peak $nyder years, and by any metric the stadium now holds fewer fans than the day it opened.  But the way they did it was to rip out lots of upper deck seats with good sight lines (including virtually all of the seats that used to be $44), while adding loge seats, dream seats, and extra 200 level seats (many of which are OV). 

IIRC, a press guide from the early days of FedEx Field (JKC Stadium) listed the upper deck as having 33K seats. I think MarkB's assessment of no more than 15K seats remaining in the UL is accurate.  Coupled with the seats removed from the club level, and yeah, at least 20K total are gone from the place.

Maybe they should get rid of the top half of the overpriced club level as well.

It's messed up that he could've ripped out 200-level seats and loge seats and almost nobody would've noticed.  Instead he did it in the most visible of places.  I guess we can take a ton of pride when the networks cut to the blimp shot of FedEx Field looking like that.

My secret hope is that he's using those torn-out seats to secretly build a new stadium in the city.

They ripped out more seats and so I have to move ....Again! All I want is my 50 yard line (nosebleed) but nothing exists.

I like that view of the game.

They are trying to convince me to take 237. Anybody sit there or have a thought?

I am not excited about the corner. I take a kid often too and I dont like being near the rowdys.

So frustrating.

They ripped out more seats and so I have to move ....Again! All I want is my 50 yard line (nosebleed) but nothing exists.

They are trying to convince me to take 237. Anybody sit there or have a thought?

I am not excited about the corner. I take a kid often too and I dont like being near the rowdys.

So frustrating.

I sat in 237 the past two years. Upgraded to 238 this year. First, the 200 level seats are the best seats in the house IMO. Now 237 and 50 yard line are two different issues. I used to sit upstairs about the 20 yard line in row 5 several years ago. Moving down was the best thing I ever did. More crowd noise, more game noise, closer to the action which put me more into the action and the game. If it were me, I would prefer 237 over mid field in the 400 level...but that is me. Some insist on the 50 yard line seats. Is it more fun to watch the Skins score a touchdown right in front of you or from the 50 yard line 1,000 feet up in the air? If you sit at the 50, you are never close to the action when the Skins score. I prefer being close to the action. From section 237, action on the other end of the field and your angle will not be as good as a 50 yard line seat. But the large video screens help compensate. There are tradeoffs. Another benefit. You can beat traffic out of FedEx if you sit in the 200 level. You can be out the gate before most of the stadium if you want. No more long walks down the ramps or waiting in line for the escalator; on the other hand the ramp walk is a lot of fun when (if?) the Skins win. Another benefit, you are protected from rain and snow if you are in row 3 or higher.

Another negative is that the section 237 seats are going to cost you more. Maybe they give you a break this year; but eventually, they will cost you more than upstairs. But me....I would not hesitate to take the seats...but that is just my opinion.

It's messed up that he could've ripped out 200-level seats and loge seats and almost nobody would've noticed.  Instead he did it in the most visible of places.  I guess we can take a ton of pride when the networks cut to the blimp shot of FedEx Field looking like that.

I agree that the stadium looks horrible right now.  But, as S&S alludes to in his post below yours.....and I have no evidence on this.....but I think folks for the most part would probably prefer to sit in the "cave" than in most parts of the upper 400s, unless the view from the seat is extremely obstructed.

Edited by hail2skins

Fair point.  I have a really low tolerance for drunk people, so I've always ponied up for lowers the few times I've gone to games at FedEx.  I think I might've gone up to the upper deck once at HFStival 2000 while Cypress Hill was playing.

For some reason, my wife's name was on the waitlist.  They just called to see if she wanted tickets.  I said no, I already have 4.  They said they would take her name off the list. 

if you are keeping track of this,

200,000 - 1 = 199,999.....

• Like 2

I sat in 237 the past two years. 

Thanks SonnyandSam. That was really helpful. I also go with a kid many games so i am not sure the extra noise will be ideal but I figure 200 will be loads better than 100.

They are letting me get them cheaper this year and then full price next year. I guess I hope we make the playoffs this year and I have good seats for it all! ;)

Thanks SonnyandSam. That was really helpful. I also go with a kid many games so i am not sure the extra noise will be ideal but I figure 200 will be loads better than 100.

They are letting me get them cheaper this year and then full price next year. I guess I hope we make the playoffs this year and I have good seats for it all! ;)

The other plus, if you have a kid, most people sit most of the game in the 200 level. In the 100 level, people stand almost the entire game. A real problem for kids. And Yes, we do stand up and cheer during big plays or key 3rd and 4th downs. We just happen to use the seats for their intended purpose. :D Good luck with your decision.

• Like 1

So frustrating.

They're great seats. I sit in 236. Great views, great fans, less crowded than the uppers.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get the email about upgrading to club level seats?  I checked in with them and they were offering endzone seats for $2000 per ticket.  I told them I would like to try out the club level first before committing.  Trying to get them to give me a relocation pass to try out a game similar to what they did for the upper bowl members.  They said they will see what they can do.

Did anyone get the email about upgrading to club level seats?  I checked in with them and they were offering endzone seats for $2000 per ticket.  I told them I would like to try out the club level first before committing.  Trying to get them to give me a relocation pass to try out a game similar to what they did for the upper bowl members.  They said they will see what they can do.

Remember, club contracts are all negotiable including the price. Skins have lots of club seats available. Low ball them and make sure anything special you want is included; e.g. jerseys, signed stuff, field passes, parking, and of course the length of the contract. And don't forget this is a contract. You can't just walk away if your disposable income declines. They are nice seats but I could never afford $4,000 for 2 seats plus parking. Good luck.

What the Skins will claim as far as the price goes is that normally the seats they are offering for $2K go for $4K, so they say they're giving them to you at around a 50 percent discount. But you can probably talk them into purple parking, and I also think they're willing to just do one-year contracts, vice the multi-year ones in the past.

Did anyone check out Steinberg's blog post about how Ross Tucker was pestered before his second season (2002) by the Skins to purchase a luxury box?  Good times!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/07/22/the-redskins-once-tried-to-rent-a-luxury-box-to-a-second-year-offensive-lineman/

Edited by hail2skins

Hail2, those numbers confirm that club seat prices have held steady for a decade. The TO has been pushing 'half priced clubs' since Gibbs 2.0. I'll bet one could get 1996-97 prices for zone A if they were to offer enough years. Zone A was $200 per seat, per game for 10 year contracts in 1996-97.