Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Is it just me or do the 200s on the Redskins sidelines only have 14 seats to a row? When I nabbed the ones in 204 it looked like seats 11-12 were roughly in the middle of the row... but when I look at the seating diagram/3d view, seats 11&12 are 2 from the aisle, sweet lol

Edited by DButz65

why buy season tickets when most tickets are usually 50% of the face on ticket websites the week of the game?

Because when the playoffs roll around, and they will again soon enough...you wont

get stuck paying 500+ for a single seat lol

And some of us have been going to games for a very long time (thanks dad) and keep them in the family

Edited by DButz65

It is only possible for people to buy cheap tickets off Stubhub because they are subsidized by season ticket holders.

No season ticket holders, no buying cheap tickets off one's phone.

Edited by 70Chip

It is only possible for people to buy cheap tickets off Stubhub because they are subsidized by season ticket holders.

No season ticket holders, no buying cheap tickets off one's phone.

No season ticket holders, they would be real cheap....

No offense, but a lot of those tickets are from the "team"

• Like 1

No season ticket holders, they would be real cheap....

No offense, but a lot of those tickets are from the "team"

Agreed. As a season ticket holder, every year (like a lot of you of course) I question my intelligence for buying/renewing season tickets. I know several people who have let their long time tickets go in the last few years. They are always torn up about it at first but religiously within a short time frame they all say they are glad they did it and even waited too long to do so. Facts are facts and for this team and the last 20 years (you can only go by the past with that strong of a track record) it makes no FINANCIAL sense whatsoever to be a season ticket holder. None. Even for the Seattle playoff game a few years ago, lower level tickets were selling at face value all day long. Take away the forced purchase of the preseason "practice games" and maybe that changes things but factoring in those games, it totally kills the value. Keep in mind, I say this as a season ticket holder so obviously I believe there are some advantages as well. Reading about all these unheard of great upgrades people are getting and then the other forum about seats being removed just drives home this point even more. You can play the what if game...i.e...."but if they get good..." but that thought has been old for quite some time now. From a pure financial perspective, these seats seem go down in value every year. And don't think that if we get good enough to make the playoffs a year or two in a row that the prices won't go up again because the past tells us they will. So even if the "what if we get good" scenario plays out, you need to factor in a certain price increase. Having said this, it's nice to see the die hard fans on here start to get some nice seat upgrades. Long overdue for sure!

• Like 1

Agreed. As a season ticket holder, every year (like a lot of you of course) I question my intelligence for buying/renewing season tickets. I know several people who have let their long time tickets go in the last few years. They are always torn up about it at first but religiously within a short time frame they all say they are glad they did it and even waited too long to do so. Facts are facts and for this team and the last 20 years (you can only go by the past with that strong of a track record) it makes no FINANCIAL sense whatsoever to be a season ticket holder. None. Even for the Seattle playoff game a few years ago, lower level tickets were selling at face value all day long. Take away the forced purchase of the preseason "practice games" and maybe that changes things but factoring in those games, it totally kills the value. Keep in mind, I say this as a season ticket holder so obviously I believe there are some advantages as well. Reading about all these unheard of great upgrades people are getting and then the other forum about seats being removed just drives home this point even more. You can play the what if game...i.e...."but if they get good..." but that thought has been old for quite some time now. From a pure financial perspective, these seats seem go down in value every year. And don't think that if we get good enough to make the playoffs a year or two in a row that the prices won't go up again because the past tells us they will. So even if the "what if we get good" scenario plays out, you need to factor in a certain price increase. Having said this, it's nice to see the die hard fans on here start to get some nice seat upgrades. Long overdue for sure!

Not to mention in 2019, or 2020 or whenever the new stadium opens, the PSL's will push out many of the current season ticket holders.  All the people ****ing they can't afford them now will really be ****ing.  The whole been in the family forever will forever be gone.  FedEx will go down opposite of RFK.  From the best to the worst, although I still think it would have been an ok stadium had the team won.  RFK was a dump.

• Like 1

I am surprised I don't see it mentioned yet but convenience and comradarie is the biggest reason I am a season ticket holder.

I have the same seats and so I sit near the same people and I have a lot more fun building a relationship with those folks as the year goes on.

I know I have tickets so I make plans with good friends a year in advance and my friends love that they get invited to different games.

I know where I want to park and where to enter the stadium.

Also it forces me off my lazy chair and to some games I might otherwise miss and I always am glad I did if I go with a good buddy.

Lots of other good reasons to buy last minute or stay at home. Fortunately I have the disposable income to pay for these luxuries I mentioned and so I do it. Playoff tickets would be gravy. It makes sense to me if you don't feel the same way but please don't feel the need to piss on me about it.

Oh and I am even one of those fools who enjoys the uppers. I'll be the first to admit it is because I want to keep the cost reasonable and tailgating is the same no matter where you sit inside.

HAIL!

Edited by Hoover-ball
  • Like 3

Whether it makes individual sense or not, the stadium is still predominantly STH and the current market is driven by that. Without counting them all up (and if someone wants to, feel free to correct me) by eyeball and the reports here right now there are in the ballpark of under 1,000 seats open in the lowers and maybe around 1,500 in the uppers in GA. (Clubs are a different market in NFL economics even as bad as it is.). That's still pretty strong. The secondary market is huge and weak but it is still only a subset of the entire market.

These numbers are interesting because they seem to line up with what the team is doing. If the similarly back-of-the-envelope calculation upthread about how many seats are being removed is right, it's right in the ballpark of the number that's vacant now (and that number seems to be off the now-reduced capacity). Only they know what they can actually fill off the "wait list", but it's a clear effort to get supply closer to demand.

The team will adjust the capacity/prices/etc to keep the market viable, and the future lies in smaller capacity and making the stadium a more exclusive experience - just as it does for the rest of the league as it competes with TV and worsening stadium experiences everywhere. That's also why you now see them making better efforts to improve care and retention of STH. The primary market won't crater because they can't allow it to - that's just basic business.

Hoover-ball hit it right on the head far as I'm converened. establishing a relationship with the folks in your section adds to the game day experience.

I remember asking STHs on this board a few years ago about the number of people in their section who are there game-after-game and it seemed like the ones who answered indicated they saw a lot of different folks from week-to-week.  I'm sure there are still a fair number of folks who attend every game, but the camaderie of a large number of the same folks there every Sunday probably isn't what it was like in the past.

You get season tickets because they're affordable and you get perks and benefits that you wouldn't normally get buying tickets off Stubhub. Especially if you got club seats. Damn those are nice. 

Perks and benefits like what?  I had club seats through the Redskins for 10 years and while I agree that the sightlines are the best in the stadium and the concourse is nice, the only perk I received was the right to purchase my seats for other events.  And club seats through the Redskins aren't cheap......other than the ones they gave away to people in the upper deck last year.

Having to pay for those two preseason games kills the value of season tickets. They really need to make those games half-price at least.  I do understand STHs who sit in the non-obstructed 200s would probably be reluctant to part with their seats, because those are some of the few choice seats in the place. 

• Like 2

I live in St Louis and probably will for the rest of my life, but if I lived in the DC area the first thing I would do is buy season ticket... I'm with Hoover Ball, don't piss on STH because you "don't get it" . Being a skins season ticket holder used to be royalty, one day hopefully that's true again.

• Like 5

I remember asking STHs on this board a few years ago about the number of people in their section who are there game-after-game and it seemed like the ones who answered indicated they saw a lot of different folks from week-to-week.  I'm sure there are still a fair number of folks who attend every game, but the camaderie of a large number of the same folks there every Sunday probably isn't what it was like in the past.

Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that sits in a section with many of the same folks week to week, no matter, it works for me and certainly one of the reasons I renew year to year that and the fact that IMO, nothing beats watching the Skins live.

Edited by romank
  • Like 1

I'm with romank. Nothing beats watching the Skins live. And while some insist they can buy tickets for every game at half value, it simply is not true for the Dallas and Philly games; certainly not in lower level seats. Seats in my section were going for double face value for those games last year. Hopefully, at some point the Skins will be a regular winning franchise and those low ticket prices and availability will disappear. At least that was my plan when I started with season tickets 13 years ago. The band wagon fans have pretty much disappeared. Only us die hard fans continue to buy season tickets. Who knows, maybe the Skins will never be a playoff contender. And I'm sure I will not ever be able to afford season tickets when the new stadium arrives with the PSLs. So now is my opportunity. It is my money and I choose to spend it on something that gives me great joy and entertainment value. If it is not for you, fine. But don't **** on us because we choose to pay for something we love and enjoy.

This past year, I moved to a section where I saw almost the same people every single game. My first game was a little bit of a shock because I watched as people greeted each other with hand shakes and hugs as they arrived in my section. Clearly people who had been sitting in section 237 in the previous year and longer. And all really great people. Almost never saw a visiting team fan all year. Now that was a change from my previous two years in section 207 at the other end of the home field side. LOTS of visiting team people and mostly different people game to game. Many of the seats were owned by internet ticket brokers I found out. I had just a handful of people there with me every week. So it does seem to vary some depending on your section.

I hated leaving section 237 this year to move up to section 238. My desire to get closer to mid field overrode my desire to be in a section with great fans. I am hoping this is true of each section as I get closer to mid field. More die-hard fans who regularly come to every game.

And as for the value of the pre-season games, I don't disagree one bit. But paying full price is common for almost every NFL team. It's not just a Redskins/Danny issue like some insist on making it.

• Like 2

I mean some people just come into here and bash STH and I don't understand why, you don't like it it's your prerogative, and yes, there are no benefits to being one, and you don't even get a discount, all you get is your seat for all 8 games if you do an upper / lower plan (non club) and I admit that is disappointing to what other teams I'm a STH of offer (Nats and Caps) but I wouldn't come into here and insult people who have spent good money buying those STH packages for years. It's their money they can do what they want with it

That being said I probably won't STH even when the team gets good, but I respect STH that do