Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

so they send you this offer for a credit card with rewards. You can get 100$ off if you put your tickets on it because you'll get enough points for that reward.

I start looking at the other rewards, because I love credit card rewards. If you can pay off your card every month you get something for simply changing how you pay for things, with no interest/fees or anything attached.

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl-extra-points-credit-card/nfl-credit-card/rewards

but it looks like all the rewards are only for buying NFL stuff. seems like a joke. you get 1 point for every 1$. you have to put 12k on your card to get a free jersey (or 6k if every purchase is an NFL product because you get double the points, how generous of them...) it doesn't specify what kind of jersey either, i'm willing to be it's the cheapest of the options.

what a joke.

does anyone use this and have good feedback? is there something i'm missing here?

I've had the CC for a few years now. The jerseys are the actual replica/replithentic/authentic jerseys you would buy from anywhere. Was able to get my wife a free jersey a couple years back with my points.

The downside is the interest rate on it is pretty steep, so just make sure to pay it off every month or at least a good chunk every month. Was able to use it for my tickets last year and had 6 months of no interest on my tickets.

If you buy alot of Redskin stuff, then it's worth it. If not, then don't bother with it.

I've had the CC for a few years now. The jerseys are the actual replica/replithentic/authentic jerseys you would buy from anywhere. Was able to get my wife a free jersey a couple years back with my points.

The downside is the interest rate on it is pretty steep, so just make sure to pay it off every month or at least a good chunk every month. Was able to use it for my tickets last year and had 6 months of no interest on my tickets.

If you buy alot of Redskin stuff, then it's worth it. If not, then don't bother with it.

Do you recall what point levels were required for the three jersey levels?

I don't really buy redskins stuff anymore. I would maybe consider this for the jersey but i think my current card gives me such better regards i could use the cash back from that to buy the jersey and come out ahead.

Assuming I even wanted to buy another jersey...

Otherwise, thanks. :)

Do you recall what point levels were required for the three jersey levels?

I don't really buy redskins stuff anymore. I would maybe consider this for the jersey but i think my current card gives me such better regards i could use the cash back from that to buy the jersey and come out ahead.

Assuming I even wanted to buy another jersey...

Otherwise, thanks. :)

Believe for the replicas its about 12-15k. But you get 10,000 points right away. And they have a good selection of player jerseys too. It's not just all one player or anything like that. You also get bonus points if you use it to buy stuff from NFL Shop as well.

They also have all kinds of hats, t-shirts, etc. on there that you can use points towards as well.

• Like 1

I ended up renewing.  Hope enough upper level folks gor rid of their seats this year so I can move down a few more rows.  I plan to stay in the upper level, but obviously would like to be as far down as possible.  Currently in Row 8 on the aisle.

Oh and I got a call from the Redskins asking me if I could sit anywhere in the stadium where would it be.  I said Row 1 of the upper level.  Their response was oh, sorry we can't help you with that....  Go figure, I think it was the beginning of a conversation to sell me club seats.

Edited by Howie411

Oh and I got a call from the Redskins asking me if I could sit anywhere in the stadium where would it be.  I said Row 1 of the upper level.  Their response was oh, sorry we can't help you with that....  Go figure, I think it was the beginning of a conversation to sell me club seats.

If they did the same thing next year that they did last year, you might be able to sit in the club level at no extra cost, as long as you show up early enough and run into the suits in the upper level handing out free club seats.

I ended up renewing.  Hope enough upper level folks gor rid of their seats this year so I can move down a few more rows.  I plan to stay in the upper level, but obviously would like to be as far down as possible.  Currently in Row 8 on the aisle.

Row 2 is better, at least it was in the 430's.    Some of those row 1 sections have poor drainage.  

Does anyone have experience taking young kids to games? I am sort of on the fence about renewing. One of the factors is whether and, if so, how often I would be taking my three-year-old daughter to the games. My seats are lower-level corner on the aisle near the Redskins side, so seat access is great. Those in my section (235) are usually well behaved, but I wonder about the overall noise and her general attention/interest throughout the entire game.

Anyone have thoughts or tips on taking kids to Redskins games?

I have a 6-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old son and started taking them both after they turned 3 (lower level Skins sideline). I only take them to early season day games when it is reasonably warm and with opposing fans that are likely to behave themselves (think Jacksonville or Minnesota, never Philly or the Giants). They like to throw the football around and barbecue at the tailgate. And even if the game doesn't keep their attention the whole time, which is to be expected, the combination of music, fireworks, cheerleaders, jumbotron, peoplewatching, snacks, etc. does. One tip is to map out the family restrooms, which are much more pleasant than the regular restrooms when dealing with little people. I'm no fan of FedEx, and the onfield product causes me to question my renewal more each year, but with a little planning a couple of games each year can be a lot of fun with little kids.

• Like 2

If they did the same thing next year that they did last year, you might be able to sit in the club level at no extra cost, as long as you show up early enough and run into the suits in the upper level handing out free club seats.

I talked to a club ticket sales rep in December to inquire about switching to club seats in 2015. I was shocked when he refused to give me the same price I had a few seasons ago considering the team has actually gotten much worse. I brought up the fact they gave away free club upgrades all season long and he tried to convince me that was "only for a couple games at the beginning of the season." Based on the reports from fans who got upgrades, we all know that's not true. Can't wait to if they do it again next year, ya know, "for a couple weeks at the beginning of the season."

sounds like my tailgate crew is breaking apart :(

people just sick of the money and time commitment.

i don't blame them, it was not easy deciding to renew this year. i love that they brought in a new gm and i've liked gruden from the start, but back to back sub 5 win seasons... it got nasty at the stadium towards the end of those seasons, two in a row is rough.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

They mentioned in the letter that didn't mention RGIII that the club level standing room only sections were being removed to "improve" fan flow and reduce crowding in the club.

DC Sports Bog published a recent letter today that mentioned this and also other things they are considering, including steps to perhaps improve the parking experience to better accomodate tailgaters and non-tailgaters.  I've often thought the media blows the amount of time it takes to get to the stadium out of proportion, but I do find it ridiculous that someone who arrives in the parking areas an hour before game time has to spend too much additional time circling around because of people who take up multiple spots with their chairs/grills/games, etc.

Also agree that getting rid of the club level party decks is a good idea, but the free club upgrades to folks in the upper deck last season didn't help the issue either.

Oh, according to the letter, the fan forum is going to be on April 8th.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/14/redskins-promise-fedex-field-upgrades-in-contrite-letter-to-season-ticket-holders/

Edited by hail2skins

DC Sports Bog published a recent letter today that mentioned this and also other things they are considering, including steps to perhaps improve the parking experience to better accomodate tailgaters and non-tailgaters. I've often thought the media blows the amount of time it takes to get to the stadium out of proportion, but I do find it ridiculous that someone who arrives in the parking areas an hour before game time has to spend too much additional time circling around because of people who take up multiple spots with their chairs/grills/games, etc.

Also agree that getting rid of the club level party decks is a good idea, but the free club upgrades to folks in the upper deck last season didn't help the issue either.

Oh, according to the letter, the fan forum is going to be on April 8th.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/14/redskins-promise-fedex-field-upgrades-in-contrite-letter-to-season-ticket-holders/

I hope that the "dedicated tailgating area" doesn't affect the ES tailgate.

I agree that tailgaters shouldn't take uo extra spaces, but trying to get to the game an hour before kickoff is just poor planning...

I hope that the "dedicated tailgating area" doesn't affect the ES tailgate.

I agree that tailgaters shouldn't take uo extra spaces, but trying to get to the game an hour before kickoff is just poor planning...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.  But just to clarify......I'm not talking about leaving one's house an hour before kickoff.  I'm talking about pulling off of Central Avenue onto Morgan Blvd regularly at 11:45 and still having to circle around the lot to find a spot.  I've always wound up eventually finding a place to park......I just think it seems more difficult than it needs to be.

we always start packing up our tailgate about an hour before the game, opening up our spots to people showing up.

i don't think separating tailgating to certain areas is going to work. you can't get majority of people showing up to understand that:
a - they need to show up more than 60-45 minutes before kickoff

b - 495 is not the only way to/from the stadium

c - you need a pass to park at the stadium (i see about 3-5 cars turned around just while i'm going through the entrance damn near every game)

you think you can isolate tailgating to certain areas and not cause problems? hah.

maybe if they were building a new stadium they could organize the parking that way. the way things are currently set up I don't see it happening.

plus what happens when you put everyone in that area? how hard is it going to be to meet up with your friends?

they've floated this idea of organizing the parking more, it failed miserably last time. too many people and too many of them want to tailgate. maybe the best idea is to isolate those that don't want to tailgate. if it bothers you that much you can go out of your way to find the lot and you don't have to worry about parking near friends.

i don't know. they need to dig up that whole lot and redo it but they never will. too many functional issues.

Yeah RFKFedEx I remember you mentioning in the past that they handle the parking pretty well at the Meadowlands.  Don't they also have public transportation pretty close by there as well?

I noticed one of the items in Bruce's letter asked about suggestions for interactive experiences.  The stadium had a good area when it first opened where people could kick field goals, put on sumo suits, and run an obstacle course.  It was a lot of fun to even just watch people do the stuff, but it didn't last long after Snyder got here, although I'm not sure exactly where the area was and what is there now.

hail2,

Meadowlands has rail transit, though it remains an automobile oriented venue; thus despite it's close prox to NYC.

When the Giants/Jets built Metlife, they designed a network of paths on which the pedestrians flow over and under most of the moving vehicles. People walking to and from the stadium seldom encounter moving cars. People in cars don't have to deal with many pedestrians. The lot attendants direct arriving vehicles to park in specific spaces, side by side, thus everyone in a given lot must park together. There's no saving spots for your friends, and you can't take up 5 spaces with your tailgate spread. These rules may sound communist compared to what we're used to, but it works. Everyone at Met sets up their tailgates at the same time. There ends up being as much room for tailgating as we have in Landover. Later arriving vehicles at the Meadowlands are directed to empty lots. At FedEx, later arriving vehicles are pitted against tailgaters who sometimes block lanes and consume multiple spots, for hours on end. The ped/vehicle system at Metlife may ever be possible at FedEx, but RFK had a similar system and it was built nearly 40 years earlier. 

Interesting note from Bruce about entry times into the actual stadium. I'll be curious to see how they address that, aside from reopening gates which were re-designated as 'premium only', or closed outright, post 1999. More than 1/4 of FedEx's original, GA entry ports have been shuttered since 1999. JKC Stadium was built with enough gates for an 80k stadium.. Unfortunately, current ownership shrunk things down. 

so, how do you tailgate there when you have 4 or 5 different vehicles showing up? you have to meet up somewhere and then ride in together? hope you don't get separated?

what if you have, like ES does, a ton of vehicles?

That's correct Tshile. We had 4 cars from ES enter the Meadow-lands together, and it worked out pretty well in 2010. We coordinated our parking passes just for tailgaiting. We met up on gameday at a nearby motel, and then caravaned to the stadium at about 9:30am. I'm not sure what huge groups up there do other than wait together at the gates to open at 9:00, just like ES does in Landover 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. But just to clarify......I'm not talking about leaving one's house an hour before kickoff. I'm talking about pulling off of Central Avenue onto Morgan Blvd regularly at 11:45 and still having to circle around the lot to find a spot. I've always wound up eventually finding a place to park......I just think it seems more difficult than it needs to be.

Agreed, and understood.

I'm so into the tailgating experience,(we never lose a tailgate;) ), that I've never given much thought about the folks who come to the stadium to just watch the game

That's correct Tshile. We had 4 cars from ES enter the Meadow-lands together, and it worked out pretty well in 2010. We coordinated our parking passes just for tailgaiting. We met up on gameday at a nearby motel, and then caravaned to the stadium at about 9:30am. I'm not sure what huge groups up there do other than wait together at the gates to open at 9:00, just like ES does in Landover 

Cool, I figured that was probably the only way to do it.

At this point, given FedEx's reputation and the number of redskins fans that just flat out refuse to go to games there, I'm willing to try anything. If that means moving us tailgaters to a specific lot(s) and making it so a crew has to meet up somewhere and caravan then fine, I'm willing to try that.

It is much nicer just being able to meet a spot in the parking lot and having one car show up early enough to claim the area for the rest... that has worked very well for my group for the last 4 or so years.

Cool, I figured that was probably the only way to do it.

At this point, given FedEx's reputation and the number of redskins fans that just flat out refuse to go to games there, I'm willing to try anything. If that means moving us tailgaters to a specific lot(s) and making it so a crew has to meet up somewhere and caravan then fine, I'm willing to try that.

It is much nicer just being able to meet a spot in the parking lot and having one car show up early enough to claim the area for the rest... that has worked very well for my group for the last 4 or so years.

At this point in FedEx's life, with it's demise already in the works, I don't see much change happening. Remember in about 2011, the team put out word they were going to regulate tailgating by assigning TGers to the outskirts of the lots, etc. Predictably, people freaked out here and on talk radio. Online petitions were born. By week one of the regular season, the regulation effort was pretty much scrapped. I figured that regulation measure was a stepping stone to an eventual 'pay to tailgate' policy. Glad that it never gained much traction. 

As far as saving spots for those who arrive later at FedEx, it's not that big of a deal for responsible tailgaters to do such. We have a ton of room in Landover. Where I've seen most of the conflict at FedEx is when irresponsible tailgaters set up in vehicle lanes, usually hours before those lanes become crucial as the lots fill and kickoff nears. When a tailgater consumes 5 spaces hours before kickoff, it's usually not a problem. When vehicles are gridlocked an hour before gametime, and selfish tailgaters refuse to remove their corn hole boards and lawnchairs, the later arriving patrons get pissed, understandably so. The effect is magnified for primetime games where traffic getting to the game is increased and nerves are already on high. The alcohol has been flowing for hours and the younger demo tends to take an attitude of 'eff you, we were here first, we're not moving'. Those problems don't happen as often at the Meadowlands.