Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

My family has seats in section 124 and the lines for the concessions and bathrooms are horrible.  I have seats in the upper deck and the difference in the lines is VERY noticeable (like night and day).

Before I got my tickets on the Redskins sideline, I used to buy seats on the visitors sideline, normally between sections 123-125. I never thought a lot of the long bathroom lines and just thought that's how it was all around the entire stadium. When I finally got the seats I have now the first time I went to a game I IMMEDIATELY noticed a huge difference in the lines to the restrooms, etc. Like you said, day and night.

Still debating on mine ..  I like the moves they made but $$ is tight plus I don't live 4 miles from the stadium anymore.  But I really like my seats... Sec 403 Row 1 Skins side 20 yard line .. concessions & bathroom right at the entrance ..  Might try to find someone to buy whole season or 1/2 season 

Edited by Moorecards

Just received this email (well I got it on Friday, just opened it)

We’re Holding a Roster Spot for You!‏

Be amongst the first to secure 2015 Redskins season tickets!

As a Redskins Season Ticket Member you’ll enjoy: 
  • Affordable seats with great views (starting as low as $75.90 per game)
  • On-site season parking available and convenient nearby Metro station access
  • State-of-the-art HD video boards, for better replays and real time stats
  • Free Wi-Fi throughout the stadium
  • Ability to resell your tickets for games you cannot attend, even at a profit via the NFL Ticket Exchange
  • Presale opportunities to FedExField’s special events
  • First right to purchase your seats to home playoff games
  • No contract to sign, plus interest-free payment plans available
  •  
  •  
  • RECEIVE A SPECIAL SIGNING BONUS:
  • One Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, or Pierre Garçon jersey
  • $50 food and beverage gift card to be used at FedExField
  • Activation fee waived ($100 value)
  •  
  •  
  • PLUS CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
    • Chalk Talk for you and a guest with Redskins Front Office Personnel and Player/Alumni
    • VIP Training Camp Access
    • VIP Draft Day Access
Secure Your Season Tickets & Signing Bonus Today!

*Offer Expires April 1, 2015. Minimum purchase of two season tickets required to receive any of the bonuses. Chalk talk may be attended by account holder and one guest. Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Purchase three or more tickets and have your jersey signed or $100 food and beverage gift card. Quantities and sizes are limited. While supplies last. Applies to new enrollment only.

Edited by HTTR21

As a Redskins Season Ticket Member you’ll enjoy: 
  • Affordable seats with great views (starting as low as $75.90 per game)
  • On-site season parking available and convenient nearby Metro station access
  • State-of-the-art HD video boards, for better replays and real time stats
  • Free Wi-Fi throughout the stadium
  • Ability to resell your tickets for games you cannot attend, even at a profit via the NFL Ticket Exchange
  • Presale opportunities to FedExField’s special events
  • First right to purchase your seats to home playoff games
  • No contract to sign, plus interest-free payment plans available
  •  
  •  
  • RECEIVE A SPECIAL SIGNING BONUS:
  • One Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, or Pierre Garçon jersey

"Convenient and nearby" when used to describe Metro's location is funny.

They're offering an RG3 jersey?  Cooley was right........there's not going to be a true QB competition!!  :P

I fixed it:

As a Redskins Season Ticket Member you’ll enjoy?

• On-site season parking available and convenient nearby Metro station access   << We consider 1 mile away to be convenient.  We hope you're not carrying anything heavy to a tailgate party and it never rains.
  • Free Wi-Fi throughout the stadium   << except it only works in the premium seats.....
  • Ability to resell your tickets for games you cannot attend, even at a profit via the NFL Ticket Exchange  << yeah, except you'll get almost nothing for the preseason games and once the team drops 3 games under .500, you won't even be able to give your tickets away.
  • Presale opportunities to FedExField’s special events  << Watch us let somebody destroy our turf.
  • First right to purchase your seats to home playoff games   << This has happened twice since 1992, but it COULD happen and monkeys could fly out of my butt.
  • No contract to sign, plus interest-free payment plans available  << We promise not to sue YOU, other people maybe, but definitely NOT YOU.
  • Like 3

I fixed it:

As a Redskins Season Ticket Member you’ll enjoy?

• On-site season parking available and convenient nearby Metro station access   << We consider 1 mile away to be convenient.  We hope you're not carrying anything heavy to a tailgate party and it never rains.
  • Free Wi-Fi throughout the stadium   << except it only works in the premium seats.....
  • Ability to resell your tickets for games you cannot attend, even at a profit via the NFL Ticket Exchange  << yeah, except you'll get almost nothing for the preseason games and once the team drops 3 games under .500, you won't even be able to give your tickets away.
  • Presale opportunities to FedExField’s special events  << Watch us let somebody destroy our turf.
  • First right to purchase your seats to home playoff games   << This has happened twice since 1992, but it COULD happen and monkeys could fly out of my butt.
  • No contract to sign, plus interest-free payment plans available  << We promise not to sue YOU, other people maybe, but definitely NOT YOU.

LOL, you skipped the best one: "Affordable seats with great views (starting as low as $75.90 per game)"

... as affordable as buying $3.90 tickets on Stubhub last season, and starting a bonfire in your backyard using 72 $1-bills as kindling.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Invoice and was looking at it,  First with all of you it's a hard pill to swallow,  I love my section 125,  but man buying these each and ever year is harder to do.   However,  one difference I noticed my Green Parking has a Seat Assignment,  does this mean I'm getting assigned parking?

Parking Lot GRN2

Green Lot GA8
Seat 50

Also ,  in the topic of WHAT WOULD YOU DO...  I just bought a RV,  perfect for tailgating,  I believe the skins sell RV parking passes for 100.00 a game.   I believe those can be picked up the week of the game from the sales office.   Given I haven't gone to all the games in years because of the classic inability to be competitive late in the season,  should I .

Deny the Green Parking  (save 400)

Keep Green parking and sell them weekly,  typically they are worth more then tickets sometime)

Buy RV parking package 100.00 a game 10 games, knowing I'll only goto maybe half.. and NO preseason games.

Keep green parking,  sell them weekly and buy weekly RV parking as I go.    Anyone know if they ever sell out?  

Can I only park my RV int he RV / BUS /LIMO lot?

Thanks guys,  sorry for all the questions.. 

Got my Invoice and was looking at it,  First with all of you it's a hard pill to swallow,  I love my section 125,  but man buying these each and ever year is harder to do.   However,  one difference I noticed my Green Parking has a Seat Assignment,  does this mean I'm getting assigned parking?

Parking Lot GRN2

Green Lot GA8Seat 50

Also ,  in the topic of WHAT WOULD YOU DO...  I just bought a RV,  perfect for tailgating,  I believe the skins sell RV parking passes for 100.00 a game.   I believe those can be picked up the week of the game from the sales office.   Given I haven't gone to all the games in years because of the classic inability to be competitive late in the season,  should I .

Deny the Green Parking  (save 400)

Keep Green parking and sell them weekly,  typically they are worth more then tickets sometime)

Buy RV parking package 100.00 a game 10 games, knowing I'll only goto maybe half.. and NO preseason games.

Keep green parking,  sell them weekly and buy weekly RV parking as I go.    Anyone know if they ever sell out?  

Can I only park my RV int he RV / BUS /LIMO lot?

Thanks guys,  sorry for all the questions..

If money is tight and you plan on tailgating with the RV, I would skip the Green Parking and just buy RV passes as needed. You will not make enough profit, if any, on the green passes to justify the weekly hassle of trying to sell them.

Edited by Cool as Crud

If money is tight and you plan on tailgating with the RV, I would skip the Green Parking and just buy RV passes as needed. You will not make enough profit, if any, on the green passes to justify the weekly hassle of trying to sell them.

This is exactly right.  You likely will not get your money back reselling green parking unless you really work at it, meaning you'd best sell at market value before the season starts.  You might make a few bucks but it's hardly worth the effort.  If you don't need it, I recommend you let it go.  I am letting my go.  Actually I'm letting the whole package go. 

You can buy the RV parking for $100 cash at the Redskins Rd. gate entrance on a per game basis.  Stay in the right lane, buy the pass, then pull into the first driveway on the right.  Don't buy in advance.  Buy on game day and pay cash at the gate. 

Yes, you must park your RV in the RV lot. 

I'm not sure what that other nonsense is on your ticket invoice regarding green parking.  I've never seen "seat assignments" for parking, except for the infamous Green B-3 lot pass.  And, of course, the Platinum lots, which are space-specific. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have experience taking young kids to games? I am sort of on the fence about renewing. One of the factors is whether and, if so, how often I would be taking my three-year-old daughter to the games. My seats are lower-level corner on the aisle near the Redskins side, so seat access is great. Those in my section (235) are usually well behaved, but I wonder about the overall noise and her general attention/interest throughout the entire game.

Anyone have thoughts or tips on taking kids to Redskins games?

Does anyone have experience taking young kids to games? I am sort of on the fence about renewing. One of the factors is whether and, if so, how often I would be taking my three-year-old daughter to the games. My seats are lower-level corner on the aisle near the Redskins side, so seat access is great. Those in my section (235) are usually well behaved, but I wonder about the overall noise and her general attention/interest throughout the entire game.

Preseason is THE time to take kids.  If they get bored, you can leave early without feeling like you are going to miss something.  Kids will get to see their stars play enough to satisfy them (just don't get there late).

Regular season is a bit harder to call - lots of variables - especially the weather.   About 10 years ago, we got some tickets to a Dec game for dirt cheap.  A friend took his young (2-3 yrs old) son and ended up leaving before half time.  Since the tickets were so cheap and he knew going in that the son would not last the whole game, he did not mind.

Well, at least we get to watch 8 games of crap for renewing   :blink:

- 10,  if you count preseason......

Edited by MarkB452
  • Like 1

Maybe when they're old enough to vote.

My daughters are 4 and 5.  I've been taking them to Capitals games since before they could walk, and they love it.  They can follow the game easily, you can usually see everything (even in the cheap seats), the in-game entertainment (music and videos on the jumbotron) is fun, most of the fans are almost always civil and relatively well-behaved, security is usually on the ball when there are problems with unruly fans, Verizon Center is indoors so you never have to worry about weather, very easy commute (whether you drive or Metro), there are plenty of things to do in Verizon Center for kids (kids club table and cheerleader table both with giveaways, ability to meet the team mascot, guest services stations always have giveaways for kids, sometime there are spirit stations with face painting and tattoos, it's an easy arena to walk around if the kids need to stretch their legs). 

I couldn't claim a single one of these things for Skins games and FedEx Field.  I don't think my girls would have fun at all, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle of taking them.

• Like 1

Let go of my season tickets 2 years ago got a call today asking if I would be interested in coming back as a season ticket holder. Second year in a row same call.

Were they offering you something close to your old seats, or did they want you to take something worse?

so they send you this offer for a credit card with rewards. You can get 100$ off if you put your tickets on it because you'll get enough points for that reward.

I start looking at the other rewards, because I love credit card rewards. If you can pay off your card every month you get something for simply changing how you pay for things, with no interest/fees or anything attached.

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl-extra-points-credit-card/nfl-credit-card/rewards

but it looks like all the rewards are only for buying NFL stuff. seems like a joke. you get 1 point for every 1$. you have to put 12k on your card to get a free jersey (or 6k if every purchase is an NFL product because you get double the points, how generous of them...) it doesn't specify what kind of jersey either, i'm willing to be it's the cheapest of the options.

what a joke.

does anyone use this and have good feedback? is there something i'm missing here?

Edited by tshile