Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate comes to Orange county

nuposse87

I couldn't find this posted anywhere else on the board so...

I'm not a constitutional scholar, but I've always though protests should provide some practical purpose. Simple hate speech like this seems...purposeless...I know all speech is protected but sometimes it is really just so sad... :( I'm probably more irked things like this don't make national headlines...(not that I can remember this being reported on recently). I really hope these people only compromise an isolated population of the Californian Tea Party.

I am for full free speech and press. Outside of legal slander and libel. I think that is our 2 most important freedoms. We cannot pick and choose what we will allow

If you ignore them they will usually go away as they are looking for free press. If 2 people show up in Nazi uniforms protesting it makes all the local news and even national. Such a waste of news space as these people on the most part are clowns

Even idiots deserve free speech

I'm not a constitutional scholar, but I've always though protests should provide some practical purpose. Simple hate speech like this seems...purposeless...I know all speech is protected but sometimes it is really just so sad... :( I'm probably more irked things like this don't make national headlines...(not that I can remember this being reported on recently). I really hope these people only compromise an isolated population of the Californian Tea Party.

From what I read there was a splinter group behaving badly,and I certainly agree the screaming ones in the video did .....but isn't that the same claim many muslims make?

http://www.nocconservatives.org/?p=1331

Believe me, NOCCC and ACT! are just as horrified and disappointed as you are in the behavior of a splinter group of about 100 rude and detestable individuals who decided to split off from our planned, peaceful protest with a bullhorn and shout rediculous and ignorant statements about Islam, Muslims and even America and Christianity. We are ashamed that we have been associated with them and can’t apologize enough.

The peaceful protest that we organized was not called to quarrel with people over of a different faith. It was about terrorist-supporting Imams who also support the Muslim Brotherhood. Their claim to be raising money for charity for women and children in America is in serious dispute. Please see the youtube video showing the Imams in question:

These Imam fundraisers do not believe in a free America the way you and I do. We need to be aware, vigilant and educate ourselves – that is what we were attempting to do

It'd be nice if sosmeone could confiscate their flags. It is rather disgusting to see such cowards wrapping themselves in it, and then ****ting all over it's principals.

~Bang

In their world those are the principals of both the flag and country.

Sad and twisted, but if you were to hook most of those nitwits up to a polygraph they would answer honestly that they were acting in the best interest of the nation.

The only proper use of the flag when exercising your 1st amendment right is burning it.

I'd like to think there's a happy medium somewhere between burning it and using it to justify screaming religious aspersions at people, but maybe that's just me.

From what I read there was a splinter group behaving badly,and I certainly agree the screaming ones in the video did .....but isn't that the same claim many muslims make?

Believe me, NOCCC and ACT! are just as horrified and disappointed as you are in the behavior of a splinter group of about 100 rude and detestable individuals who decided to split off from our planned, peaceful protest with a bullhorn and shout rediculous and ignorant statements about Islam, Muslims and even America and Christianity. We are ashamed that we have been associated with them and can’t apologize enough.

The peaceful protest that we organized was not called to quarrel with people over of a different faith. It was about terrorist-supporting Imams who also support the Muslim Brotherhood. Their claim to be raising money for charity for women and children in America is in serious dispute. Please see the youtube video showing the Imams in question:

These Imam fundraisers do not believe in a free America the way you and I do. We need to be aware, vigilant and educate ourselves – that is what we were attempting to do

Ah so they deserved it is the defense for this one. Oh and a Muslim Brotherhood boogeyman reference sweet.

Ah so they deserved it is the defense for this one. Oh and a Muslim Brotherhood boogeyman reference sweet.

Is that what you infer from "rediculous and ignorant statements about Islam, Muslims and even America and Christianity. We are ashamed that we have been associated with them and can’t apologize enough."??????

The stated reason he gives for the protest was prior hate speech from the invited speakers....and he apologizes for the idiots offensive actions

Are you claiming the Brotherhood is free of hate and from inciting violence?

Is that what you infer from "rediculous and ignorant statements about Islam, Muslims and even America and Christianity. We are ashamed that we have been associated with them and can’t apologize enough."??????

The stated reason he gives for the protest was prior hate speech from the invited speakers....and he apologizes for the idiots offensive actions

Are you claiming the Brotherhood is free of hate and from inciting violence?

I am saying that the Muslim Brotherhood is ridiculously misrepresented and misunderstood by people and that these protests are just thinly veiled attacks on Muslims. Its a shame that a group can''t raise money for women and children in need without being attacked because they aren't the right religion.

From what I read there was a splinter group behaving badly,and I certainly agree the screaming ones in the video did .....but isn't that the same claim many muslims make? Absolutely, and for the most part I always condemn Islam or any other religious fanatics, what irks me here is that this level of racism doesn't get play in mainstream press.

That article seemed to be trying to defend these peoples actions. The article assumes that the event is a "front" which seems kind of arrogant on their part (but given the source I guess I should expect that). It is a shame the mainstream muslim community still looks to radical Imams for advice on community advocation, any good they will try to do will get slandered. I start watching the youtube video...its like 52 mins, long but he hasn't said anything that crazy yet...I've met people more radical then this guy :/

Punch in the stomach watching those children walk in and being exposed to that. Why didn't this get widespread coverage in the media? I saw elected officials mixed up in that. Hard to write that off as just a few crazy people.

Absolutely shameful behavior.

nuposse87 ,Having controversial spokespersons creates conflict...whether it be Coulter,Farrakhan,Falwell or a radical Iman

My quote was simply to show even those at the protest did not approve of the actions....kinda like most Muslims don't support the fanatics,yet it is a part of the whole.

my goodness.

These videos are similar to the desegregation protests in the South during the 1960's.

Disgusting, I feel bad for those children.

---------- Post added March-7th-2011 at 01:45 PM ----------

In 2009 the Tea Party folks held a rally in San Diego. Several Mexican-Americans covered the event, however many of them were harassed. The video below is 110% NSFW. Racist dialogue and tons of F bombs.

nuposse87 ,Having controversial spokespersons creates conflict...whether it be Coulter,Farrakhan,Falwell or a radical Iman I get this part, from the 15 mins of the video I watched you linked to, I just didn't see the extreme radical part, I'll watch the full thing later.

My quote was simply to show even those at the protest did not approve of the actions....kinda like most Muslims don't support the fanatics,yet it is a part of the whole.

I don't know why we allow it to be part of the whole. Muslims do speak out against fanatics, but either they aren't being vocal enough or the new media doesn't think it'll boost their viewer-ship. I'm glad to see some tea party members condemn these peoples actions, but actions like this are a stain in the fabric of american culture.

In their world those are the principals of both the flag and country.

Sad and twisted, but if you were to hook most of those nitwits up to a polygraph they would answer honestly that they were acting in the best interest of the nation.

Sadly you're 100% right.

~Bang

Archived