Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't the U.S. become energy independent?

88Comrade2000

Wait, so they pump a shockwave into an oil reserve and expect it to only come out through their straw?

I can't see any reason why this could go wrong....

I will admit I was an idiot.  Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with my buddy in the oil fields.

Totally plausible and workable.  I don't understand half of what he was saying, but he's excited about it.

I will admit I was an idiot.  Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with my buddy in the oil fields.

Totally plausible and workable.  I don't understand half of what he was saying, but he's excited about it.

certainly works and has been done, now they are advancing and adapting to use on more/different type/ size wells.

the latest tool for smaller wiretrucks came online back in july or so.

The US just put tariffs on PV sellers in mainland China and Taiwan because they were selling their PV panels for less than US manufacturers.  Now, this makes me suspicious because these are the only tariffs I've seen on imports in a long time.  A US company pushed for this and Commerce has been investigating for a few years, and came to the conclusion that these foreign companies were undercutting US companies, namely SolarWorld Industries America.  It means that it will cost more to put solar panels on one's property.  Also, municipalities are starting to pass laws and regulations to limit personal solar on one's private property.  The US supports the huge solar farms to send power to the grid, but don't want individuals to put solar on their property, as this undercuts the US utilities/grid/corporations from making their monthly income from individuals.  Unlike Germany, which encourages individual solar installations, the US support big business over the individual, quel surprise.

Here's an article from June explaining all of this.  Your tax dollars at work, curtailing individual rights once again.

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/us-to-slap-new-tariffs-on-chinese-pv-panels_100015321/#axzz3NWsKR8Ef

Uh, that isn't what I would regard as the most relevant difference.

I would assert that it's kinda significant that the environmentalists probably won't kill the executive if he fails to take the hint.

Yeah, they won't kill him - yet (we're not to that point in this country). And Socrates post is more scary than it appears. He is basically saying whatever the Environmentalists do it would justified (ie for some we're heading to that point).

Example ask a far lefty who was worse Pinochet or Castro - to them Castro had justification for the people he killed (even if it was about 10-40 times as many as Pinochet) so they don't even think he should be in the equation.

Archived