Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Were we interested in OJ Atogwe last year ?

MOSSthaBOSS

O.J. Atogwe - DB - Rams

Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News believes the Cowboys should make a run at recently released FS O.J. Atogwe this offseason.

Fraley thinks the Cowboys need their safeties to generate more turnovers in 2011, and the owner of 37 takeaways since 2006, that's clearly something Atogwe could help with. He would certainly be an improvement over free agent FS Alan Ball, who started all 16 games for Dallas in 2010 but managed to come away with just two picks and 46 tackles.

Related: Cowboys

Source: Dallas Morning News

Feb 19, 4:42 PM

At this point, I don't care who wears what number. We all know what Sean meant to this franchise, and to keep someone from wearing his number is a bit silly. As long as whoever wears it plays great, that's all I care for.

I agree. It's a number, as long as it isn't some punk disgracing the team I don't care who wears it, but that goes for any number.

If we signed someone to wear #21 they would ask Sean's father if he could wear the # and Sean's father will say yes, and everything will be well with extremeskins nation..lol

I agree with this as well. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Whn Knowshon Moreno wanted to wear #27 he called Darrent Williams' mother and asked her permission. She said yes and everyone was happy. I would like the next player to wear #21 to reach out to Sean's family and I would expect them to say yes.

Your right. I was thinking CB and S at the same time. Goldson and Huff, not Carr.

Huff has said he wants to resign with the Raiders.

Huff has stated desire to return to Oakland

Impending free agent FS Michael Huff has stated a desire to re-sign with the Raiders.

Then-coach Tom Cable stated last offseason that Huff had finally arrived, and he responded with his best season to date. In addition to a career-best 94 tackles, Huff added a career-high four sacks, four QB hurries, three INTs, three forced fumbles, and seven passes defensed while exceeding expectations in coverage. The Raiders will have competition for his services if he makes it to the open market. Feb 15, 10:14 PM

Source: CSN Bay Area

Looks like he's visiting us.

Free agent FS O.J. Atogwe is scheduled to visit with the Redskins on Monday.

Atogwe's agent has been talking to "a few teams." The Bills are reported to have interest, and Atogwe isn't ruling out a return to St. Louis. Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett coached Atogwe from 2006-2008, so the two know each other well. Daniel Snyder's team was also the first to meet with Shaun Rogers last week. It's business as usual this offseason for the free agent-loving 'Skins.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?r=1

So...the other OJ thread was closed for some reason. But we need somewhere to discuss this probable pick-up! :evil:

Boom! ConnSkins with the save!

if this happens, which i'm pretty sure it will, i think it'll show more about the attitude that the front office is taking, rather than strategy. he may be aging (as i've said before though, 30 is not that old), but he's a good player. bruce and the gang know they want him and are making sure they get him. they also know that other teams, including dallas, have interest in oj. they're going to be aggressive this off season and i'm excited.

that said, i don't think 30 year old players are going to be the focus of the off season. i think youth is coming, but most of it isn't until a cba is reached and free agency can begin.

Boom! ConnSkins with the save!

if this happens, which i'm pretty sure it will, i think it'll show more about the attitude that the front office is taking, rather than strategy. he may be aging (as i've said before though, 30 is not that old), but he's a good player. bruce and the gang know they want him and are making sure they get him. they also know that other teams, including dallas, have interest in oj. they're going to be aggressive this off season and i'm excited.

that said, i don't think 30 year old players are going to be the focus of the off season. i think youth is coming, but most of it isn't until a cba is reached and free agency can begin.

Right. Because the other thing to keep in mind is, if there is NO Free Agency this offseason due to the lock out (I'm still praying it gets done soon), then the draft and these few players who've recently been cut are the ONLY means of improving the team this year. Think about that. We might sign OJ and 7 or 8 draftees. That's it. In that light, this looks even more important.

According to those 'round here in the know *cough* *cough*, looks like the Skins and Otogwe have been trying to lock down some numbers today, with a face to face meeting goin down tomorrow it looks like.

Could it be a real "meeting" or is just a physical to make sure the shoulders okay? Hmmmmm.

Bottom line is that it would be a good pickup, but price tag will be key. Two things in the Redskins favor is that they have Haslett, who knows OJ well, and they have Bruce Allen, who usually doesn't overpay.

I guess we could find out shortly.

Right. Because the other thing to keep in mind is, if there is NO Free Agency this offseason due to the lock out (I'm still praying it gets done soon), then the draft and these few players who've recently been cut are the ONLY means of improving the team this year. Think about that. We might sign OJ and 7 or 8 draftees. That's it. In that light, this looks even more important.

wouldn't the free agents eventually be able to sign with a team though? i was under the impression that even if there were a lockout, that would just delay free agency until a deal was done. no? what happens to all the free agents if there is a lockout but the deal is eventually reached?

wouldn't the free agents eventually be able to sign with a team though? i was under the impression that even if there were a lockout, that would just delay free agency until a deal was done. no? what happens to all the free agents if there is a lockout but the deal is eventually reached?

Well, there's always a chance that a deal won't be reached at all, until 2012 sneaks up on us. Or if its signed after the season would have started, those FA's are "frozen" with their current team. Idk.

But on the chance that the football gods don't hate us all, I'm gonna say that there would be a FA frenzy whenever it does open up. Who knows how that will work.

Archived