Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blockout the NFL save our 2011 season

Texanmike

Hey guys. Long time no talk. Boy did my Texans tank this year. But this isn't about rivalry and if it is in the wrong forum I apologize but I'm trying to do something with all NFL Fans and wanted the highest visibility possibility. This is about fans sending a message that can't easily be ignored. Hopefully you guys remember the discussion we had leading up to the Texans/Skins meeting and realize that I'm not trying to just spam. I'm not selling anything and I don't make a dime. I just want some FOOTBALL next year.

OK. Here's the idea. The NFL and the Players Association are unable to get their act together. This is threatening the 2011 season and the fans need to send a message. WE WANT OUR 2011 SEASON!

Letters do no good, they are easy to throw out. Emails get put in the trash bin to easily so here is what I am proposing:

In the past you sent a message to someone by sending them a horse head. Well Animal rights activists would be all over me if I were to suggest that so I've got the perfect substitute. First, go to Walmart or Target and buy a football NOT officially licensed by the NFL . It can be one of the cheap $3 footballs or any football you have laying around the house. Then on the 25th we are all going to send a message to the NFL that will never be forgotten. If you are a fan of an AFC team send your football to the league office. If you are a team of an NFC team send a football to the Players association. If everyone mails them on the same day the NFL and the NFLPA will receive hundreds of thousands or possibly MILLIONS of footballs within a couple of days. You can't simply shred them or send them to a dumpster. They might even have to go get together to figure out how to dispose of them. Maybe while they're doing that they can get together and talk about this CBA and save the season.

Lets send them a message they can't discard so easily.

Thanks,

Texanmike

AFC fans the NFL League address is:

National Football league

280 Park Avenue

New York, NY 10017

NFC fans the NFLPA address is:

NFLPA

1133 20th Street

Washington DC 20036

Here's the facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141717002557084

If you like it maybe this can take hold and the fans can get these two sides to agree on something.

Boo Hoo. The season starts in September; most negotiations happens at the last possible minute. I hope there is an offseason lockout say from March 4th until August 1st. I need a break from the Skins signing another Fat ALBERT who will take our money and be a bust. August 1st is probably when you would have to have a deal so you can start the season on time. It would probably be 2 wild weeks of free agency and then a 3 week training camp with no preseason games.

So besides the draft you lose an offseason and preseason, big deal. I'd wouldn't start sweating until July; then you can really send out those footballs. Actually, since the owners are getting the TV money this year; they really don't need to have an agreement until 2012.

figure out how to dispose of them? Easy, when you pay the outrageous ticket price, lets say $400 a game, and about $200 for a couple of beers and food at this game... Ol' Snyder and the rest of the owners will give your son/daughter a complimentary $3-4 dollar football with your favorite teams logo on it (that you bought already) for being the first 50,000 in to the stadium..... hahaha no thanks. Ill take no football as long as it means this guys will need to make less than they do right now and put caps on these outrageous/unreal salaries

Archived