Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Two Redskins Fans And Their FedExField Sign

Mark The Homer

I actually sat in the very last row in the upper 400s when we played the giants a couple of years back. Its was the game we wore the Lombardi Yellow Throw Backs.

The 3rd and goal / 4th and goal down at the end of the game with Betts in at running back, the place was going nuts. Everyone in my row was banging on the sign, or rather, the steel fence behind them. Man I though that fence was going to break and people would start falling out the back of the stadium.

Why the heck are you banging on the signs when we have the ball?

Now that we've had a few hours of good will with this thread, I'm gonna piss in the punch bowl.

I don't like the idea of our player personnel man responding to concerns of STHs. I hope Bruce has a staff member to hand write these letters for fans.

While the intent may be good, the gameday experience should be of no concern to the GM. It doesn't matter if it's a $300,000 a year suite holder or an OV STHr. Bruce’s job is to find player talent, not be an ambassador to the fans.

Sorry folks, but I don't picture the GMs in Pitt, GB, or NE dealing with customers.

My guess is GM's in everytown do it, they just do not advertise it (and the WAPO is also running a lot of feel good stories as of late, which is fine by me. I, for one, am tired of all the stupid and negative publicity as of late)

I would guess that the staff (senior managers) get together and give Bruce Allen one or two names a week, and he calls in the evening before he leaves the office for the night. IT probably takes all of 5 minutes out of his schedule, and he gets a fan excited for days, if not months or years.

Now that we've had a few hours of good will with this thread, I'm gonna piss in the punch bowl.

I don't like the idea of our player personnel man responding to concerns of STHs. I hope Bruce has a staff member to hand write these letters for fans.

While the intent may be good, the gameday experience should be of no concern to the GM. It doesn't matter if it's a $300,000 a year suite holder or an OV STHr. Bruce’s job is to find player talent, not be an ambassador to the fans.

Sorry folks, but I don't picture the GMs in Pitt, GB, or NE dealing with customers.

We probably have a PR dept. that handles these letters and maybe they thought it was a good letter to show Bruce. While his main job is to build the team and find players, he still can be a good ambassador to the public. Isn't this the type of things we've been wanting from the FO? To hear our voice? Just because you don't picture other teams doing it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I see you cherry picked some of the winningest franchises this decade.

Well, I'm not sure that Bruce Allen is only the GM or our main "personnel" guy. He's more of a figurehead than anything else. I don't think he's the one that would be sitting there pouring over game film. In my opinion, I'd love to have a GM UNDER him (I think currently Morocco Brown does this, but doesn't hold that title).

Well, I'm not sure that Bruce Allen is only the GM or our main "personnel" guy. He's more of a figurehead than anything else. In my opinion, I'd love to have a GM UNDER him (I think currently Morocco Brown does this, but doesn't hold that title).

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a 'figure head' GM?

I think Shanny is the one making most of the drafting and FA decisions, aside from the McNabb move which I pin on Snyder.

I think Shanny is the one making most of the drafting and FA decisions, aside from the McNabb move which I pin on Snyder.

What if Bruce Allen was just called a VP? Would it be OK then? I agree that I want to know that there is a quality personnel guy working on player evaluations, but I believe Brown is still here and serving in that role while advising Shanahan. So, why are we worried about what Allen's job title is?

Why do you answer every one of my posts with a rehetorical question?
Really? You got nothin better than that? I have responded to you like 10 times total on this board. This thread was about a positive thing Bruce Allen did, and you gotta piss and moan about a new creative way Dan Snyder will find to screw it up? Take a hike.

Really? You got nothin better than that? I have responded to you like 10 times total on this board. This thread was about a positive thing Bruce Allen did, and you gotta piss and moan about a new creative way Dan Snyder will find to screw it up? Take a hike.

Why should I take a hike when you are the one who is ****ing with me?

This is one weird place.

Why should I take a hike when you are the one who is ****ing with me?

This is one weird place.

Because you are entering every positive thread and pissin and moanin about Snyder! Look at the other "Bruce Allen thread". The only mention of Snyder before you enter is tongue in cheek mocking of how he is still pulling the strings to fool fans by doing what they want. Then Miss Negative Nancy shows up and says "its gonna be an uphill fight with Snyder being Snyder". You thread stalk any positivity and piss on it by posting about Snyder.

I'm not sure how many times I have to post this around the board, but how could ANYONE believe that Shanahan would allow Dan Snyder to make anything resembling a personnel decision? He is a notorious control-freak. Do you REALLY think he'd come here and not have 110% control over everything? Hell no. Its not like he NEEDED a job, or needed this one specifically...he still had multiple years of pay owed him by Denver. Shanahan is the decision maker at Redskins Park, regarding personnel, believe that.

So you can "pin" McNabb on Shanahan as well as everything else.

Because you are entering every positive thread and pissin and moanin about Snyder! Look at the other "Bruce Allen thread". The only mention of Snyder before you enter is tongue in cheek mocking of how he is still pulling the strings to fool fans by doing what they want. Then Miss Negative Nancy shows up and says "its gonna be an uphill fight with Snyder being Snyder". You thread stalk any positivity and piss on it by posting about Snyder.

You're not the only one that noticed Crazy's agenda. Pretty childish.

You are a real drama queen.

I make less than one post per day on average. I really don't think that's "thread stalking." Just like it wouldn't be fair to say you and that other guy are "stalking" me since you've responded to a few of my posts lately.

---------- Post added February-16th-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

You're not the only one that noticed Crazy's agenda. Pretty childish.

Following me around and whining about my posts is fairly childish as well.

You could even say it's pretty childish.

But there's nothing pretty about childish behavior.

Archived