Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tailgate club fees

ummangaw

Can someone tell me the cost to get into the Tailgate Club?

Is there an intiation fee that needs to be paid plus the cost of the actual wristbands for the entire season?

I assume you also have to pay an additional cost for the season tickets?

Please tx

Can someone tell me the cost to get into the Tailgate Club? See MTH thread

Is there an intiation fee that needs to be paid plus the cost of the actual wristbands for the entire season? << YES

I assume you also have to pay an additional cost for the season tickets? << Yes

BTW, if you are a AAA (roadside Assistance member) you can usually buy these from the ticket office for under $40 on the day of the game (must have a game ticket to get in too).

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/redskins-texans_another_fedex.html << See last line in the picture

Please tx

• 9 months later...

How can this not piss off season ticket holders that currently have the AAA tailgate? I pay over $65 per wristband per ticket and I pay in before March. Somethings not right here.

RUN from the AAA tailgate its definitely not worth the money even if you can get it for $40 a game. Do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs! Ive had it for 6 years and Im so disappointed every year. You should see how lame the 'coaster' was this past week at the dallas game they gave out. It was a can coozie but only 1/4 the normal size. What a piece of crap. Run from the AAA tailgate club!

-disgruntled AAA tailgate member

At the 2011 Dallas game, I asked at the ticket window what the price was for the tailgate club if you were a AAA member and the guy said $50.

Yes, this has been the AAA member (auto service) price for 2011. I asked at the ticket window for several games (including the Cowboys this past Sunday) and it has been $50 a pass each time I asked.

Is the spread any better now that Famous Dave's caters?

I was in the tailgate club for the Cardinals game this year. Food was very good, but quantities were limited. Ribs, BBQ pork, sides all delicious. The halftime spread literally consisted of a table full of snack-size bags of chips and was NOT worth it. Took 30 minutes to get to/from our seats just to grab a bag of CHIPS?! Absurd.

How can this not piss off season ticket holders that currently have the AAA tailgate? I pay over $65 per wristband per ticket and I pay in before March. Somethings not right here.

RUN from the AAA tailgate its definitely not worth the money even if you can get it for $40 a game. Do yourself a favor and avoid it at all costs! Ive had it for 6 years and Im so disappointed every year. You should see how lame the 'coaster' was this past week at the dallas game they gave out. It was a can coozie but only 1/4 the normal size. What a piece of crap. Run from the AAA tailgate club!

-disgruntled AAA tailgate member

The advantage of joining the tailgate club and paying $65 per game all year is it allows you to buy LOWER LEVEL season tickets at face value with absolutely no waiting list. Normally you would have to get on the season ticket waiting list, wait several years, then buy upper level tickets while moving down a few rows each year and then eventually making it into the lower level. It also allows you to buy Green parking right away with no waiting list. Another thing that is hard to put a price on. Yes, $65 is way too much to pay for the tailgate club, however you have to look at the other benefits you are getting. In my opinion I value the tailgate club at about $25 a game if that is all you are getting out of it.

The advantage of joining the tailgate club and paying $65 per game all year is it allows you to buy LOWER LEVEL season tickets at face value with absolutely no waiting list. Normally you would have to get on the season ticket waiting list, wait several years, then buy upper level tickets while moving down a few rows each year and then eventually making it into the lower level. It also allows you to buy Green parking right away with no waiting list. Another thing that is hard to put a price on. Yes, $65 is way too much to pay for the tailgate club, however you have to look at the other benefits you are getting. In my opinion I value the tailgate club at about $25 a game if that is all you are getting out of it.

I had to also pay an initial fee of over $1200 to escape the waiting list I was told. The worst part about all this is that the Redskins sales guy told my wife and I that we wouldn't have to continue to buy the tailgate club forever. He was gone the following year when I called to talk to him.

I have relatives who bought season tickets and started at the very top 4 years ago, they are already in the lower bowl in the endzone with green parking.

I say again, avoid the tailgate at all costs!

The biggest selling point of the TGC was the lower level. The best thing you could do today is simply walk away come February.

Lower bowl tix were in such demand in the early 2000s that people were willing to pay nearly 2 times the face value for a game ticket, which pretty much equated to what you'd pay after joining the TGC with all the fees and taxes over the years.

Little did people know that by the end of the decade the team would be offering lower level tix at face value on a single game basis, for every home game. Nobody would have predicted a 5 year freeze on ticket prices, especially in the lower bowl.

Never mind what you've already inve$ted bc their is almost no equity. Just about anybody whose tried to sell a TGC membership in recent years can tell you first hand. It's like a bad mortgage.

I went to the AAA Tailgate Club for the 49ers game, and the event seemed more than half-empty compared to when I last went 4 or 5 years ago.

Personally I liked it ($4 beer both import and export, Famous Dave's food was pretty good, the convenience factor of not having to set up and clean up a tailgate is nice, it opens up during halftime, and you get to avoid the lines to get into the stadium), but I agree with another poster that the true value is about $25 - $30 per person (which is what I paid on the secondary market). To think that some people pay $60 a head for a TGC pass is pretty crazy. Like RFKFedEx said, the Skins could get away with this 5 - 10 years ago but certainly not now.

I had to also pay an initial fee of over $1200 to escape the waiting list I was told. The worst part about all this is that the Redskins sales guy told my wife and I that we wouldn't have to continue to buy the tailgate club forever. He was gone the following year when I called to talk to him.

I have relatives who bought season tickets and started at the very top 4 years ago, they are already in the lower bowl in the endzone with green parking.

I say again, avoid the tailgate at all costs!

After this season, if you walk away, there is probably a good chance they would let you drop the tailgate club and let you just buy lower level tickets. Possibly get moved to the endzone, but maybe let you stay where you are. 5 Years ago, you could have easily sold your membership, but I agree, now it doesn't make sense to buy the tailgate club membership as the waitlist is shorter than ever. It took me about 7 years on the waiting list and about 7 years to get to the lower level, I've been there for about 3 years now. I remember getting offered the tailgate club offer back when I was on the waiting list. The first year they had it, you could only get upper level tickets in the first 15 rows. I was even considering that. The next year they changed it to lower level seating but then my name came up for regular tickets so I just took them. I think the only people that would really benefit from this deal now would be businesses that give the tickets out and can write them off. A normal fan should just get regular tickets and wait the few years to get into the lower bowl. Who knew the ticket market would be like it is today, your investment could have turned out really well, but in this case, at least as of right now, not so well:(

Archived