Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do so many people insist on insulting people for their personal preferences, and treat it as fact ?

Mickalino

It seems like the macho, arrogant thing to do, to insult other people's preferences, and insult the person directly, as well, when it comes to bashing them for their own personal taste, preference, opinions, when it comes to their choice in practically everything from their music, to their clothing, to their car, to the food they eat, the beer or wine they drink, and so on.

Why is it so hard to respect other people's preferences. ? Their preference is their opinion, something they often try to keep quietly to themselves, yet so many people feel the need to bash their own opinion towards these people, and even treat it as fact.

If you have a certain taste in something, you're stuck with a label. You're told that it sucks, that you suck, and all other kinds of juvenile insults, blah, blah, blah.

In every other debate, whether it's religion, politics, etc, if someone disagrees with you, the common response is - "PROVE IT". Yet, if you don't like someone's preference, taste or opinion, you call them less of a man, less of a human, BUT HEY, THERE"S NO NEED TO PROVE THAT, HUH ??

Well, I think you're mainly talking about where the line is drawn between when you have to prove an opinion and when you don't. Do I have to prove to someone that murder is wrong? Usually not. I think there are areas in between the extremes that people interpret differently and feel they don't have to prove their statement because it's just obvious.

BTW, Mickalino. You are not less of a human! No proof is needed of that!

Well, on the Tailgate it is often done for the purposes of humorous discussion and banter, and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Much of what I say on here is exaggerated, and not to be taken literally.

Except for the Bob Seger thing. That is deadly serious. If you like Seger you really are less than human.

Well, on the Tailgate it is often done for the purposes of humorous discussion and banter, and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Much of what I say on here is exaggerated, and not to be taken literally.

I think that's it. Otherwise, it's really about lack of confidence. People who put others down are usually pretty unsure of themselves. If you don't have a good argument, but you can come up with a good insult it makes you look like a winner. Bluster is usually a sign of bull****.

Well, i sure do hope you know I was only busting your chops for fun about Journey. It's really no skin off my nose if anyone likes them, I was just playing around. We've been mutual boardmates for a good while, hope you got that. (Although it was funny that bubbles got upset :ols: )

~J

Don't stop believin' dude.

~Bang

:ols: This is good. The Asian, gay, and Journey bashing can keep going on in the other thread, while its acknowledged as playful and joking around in here. That's acceptable.

That way, you get hilarious drive-bys by angry people in the other thread not realizing its all in good fun.

The world would be an incredibly boring place if everyone just respected others opinions and debate never happened.

It would be an incredible boring place if people pandered and confiormed to other people's "higher" taste and preferences, rather than having their own, individualistic preferences that were perceived as "gay" by many.

It would be an incredible boring place if people pandered and confiormed to other people's "higher" taste and preferences, rather than having their own, individualistic preferences that were perceived as "gay" by many.

Nobody has to confirm and most people usually don't. If you have your own specific ideologies, defend the hell out of them. I think it's fun ...

Don't worry Mick. I myself have nothing but the utmost respect for your horrible taste in music and all things cultural. :)

Don't worry Mick. I myself have nothing but the utmost respect for your horrible taste in music and all things cultural. :)

Next time I visit San Francisco, I'm going to pull into your neighborhood, roll down all the windows, and start blaring Journey and Bob Seger music directly at your front lawn for hours.

Next time I visit San Francisco, I'm going to pull into your neighborhood, roll down all the windows, and start blaring Journey and Bob Seger music directly at your front lawn for hours.

You think I can afford a front lawn in San Francisco?

I'm not Bill Gates for chrissakes.

Oh fer pete's sake.

I was just messin' with you and Bubbles. I don't care if you guys listen to Journey or think Pink's hot or like banana swirl ice cream. It was nothing personal. I guarantee you there's plenty of stuff I listen to that you could make fun of.

Hell, you'd never have survived where i came from,, all we DID was insult each other... for FUN!

Besides, you've "known" me around here long enough, You couldn't have thought i was serious!

If I offended or bothered you, sincerely, I'm sorry. It was the last thing on my mind.

~Bang

I find it funny that you hate on Jersey Shore for having douche bags but love WWE which has exponentially more douche bags than Jersey Shore.

Thread officially derailed.

Elaborate. And in WWE it's just an act. Sorrentino actually IS a douchebag. And give me any WWE Diva over Snooki.

Archived