Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So....what's your grand theory of the universe? Where did we come from, where are we going?

polywog999

My thoughts on this are very odd. Ive broken them down before in other threads, but the long/short of it is, everything is energy based. Everything, you and I included

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves....."

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves....."

I like this.

OK here we go...

The earth is a life form in and of itself.

Trees are nerve endings give some type of signals.

Humans/ Animals are consumers. The one thing we all have in common is we have to take a dump. We also help the trees with the Carbon Dioxide we exhale.

Think of humans as white blood cells.

There is no such thing as future or past, just in memory. There is only now that is it. The universe has always been.

There have been multiple big bangs but not one that "created" the universe.

God might not be a man with a beard zapping things.

Forever is God. The universe ALWAYS being here is God. Oxygen is God, Grass is God.

Our purpose is unknown... We are just a piece of forever... We are not the centerpiece.

Wow... that is pretty deep. I like this theory. Unfortunately, my brain is a little too fried from the weekend to conjure up my own reasoning...

I believe if we knew how things were created we wouldn't have religion. To me a large of of religion is explaining the beginnings/creation and is vital to the start of religion in the first place. To me it seems religion was started as a way to explain things that we as humans couldn't explain rationally or scientifically.

As a human race, we don't yet have the abliity to explain how all of this was created, but will at some point in the future.

I have a complete 100% Biblical worldview..and I didn't start out that way at all.

I have ended up that way after much personal experience and research.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I believe if we knew how things were created we wouldn't have religion. To me a large of of religion is explaining the beginnings/creation and is vital to the start of religion in the first place. To me it seems religion was started as a way to explain things that we as humans couldn't explain rationally or scientifically.

As a human race, we don't yet have the abliity to explain how all of this was created, but will at some point in the future.

I agree and disagree. I agree that religion has been created to fill the gaps of what we can understand. Notice how even religion has evolved (funny using those two words in the same sentence). Religions originally tried to explain the sun, thunder, etc. with gods. Now, we don't generally focus on that. I disagree that we'll ever be able to fully understand and explain what the Hell all of this stuff around us is and means.

I'm probably one of the more stark people to discuss this with.

I believe we're a biological phenomenon, we have no purpose beyond that which we give ourselves, and we aren't going anywhere that we don't decide for ourselves.

I think the continual search for further meaning is pointless. I think it's merely a human way of elevating ourselves beyond what we perceive around us, which would be that there is no rhyme or reason, and that we don't have a pre-destined purpose. To tell ourselves that we do is simultaneously arrogant, pathetic, and noble all at once. It is nice that we view ourselves CAPABLE of further purpose, and in that regard that means we are. But again, it will be what we've decided it will be for ourselves.

The arrogance part,, I figure it this way. Many of us look at the vastness of the universe and all that is within it, and most of us figure we're not alone simply based on the sheer numbers of potential possibilities for life. Now, let's say somewhere out there is another society similar to ours. Maybe not human, but similar in that we feel and we learn and we live and we die, we question our universe and we strive to better ourselves.

How much thought have you given to their purpose? If we tell ourselves we have one, than it would stand to reason they do as well. And conversely, how much thought do you think they give to the possibility that the grand scheme includes our destiny but not theirs? Likely they're as ignorant of us as we are of them.. we haven't found anyone yet, and we really don't know if anyone else has found us.

So they would likely feel the same sense of ultimate destiny that it appears we do.

Now lets say one day we meet. How does each society reconcile this previously unknown participant in the grand scheme, who obviously has such a high notion of where it belongs in it's own right?

Which one of us is correct in what we perceive as the grand scheme?

There's too many variables for me to definitively say "I believe our place is_____"

Am I making any sense at all?

~Bang

My theory is based on the old the Mass of the Universe will eventually contract into one giant singularity theory, but I diverge in thinking that that singularity will explode in another big bang (at just the right time) and everything will be repeated exactly as it occured before(De ja vu anyone?). And then of course repeat infinately.

Archived