Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Else Going To Linkin Park @ Verizon Tonight? It's Canceled

ACW

OFFICIAL BAND STATEMENT: Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their February 10th show in Washington DC at the Verizon Center. Lead vocalist Chester Bennington is ill and under doctor's orders to refrain from performing. The band sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused.
:cry:

Say what you will, but Hybrid Theory/Reanimation did SO MUCH for the post alternative scene...

Notice that I said "waste of talent" meaning they definitely have talent, too bad they threw it out the window the past 2-3 CD's. Hybrid Theory was one of the best CD's I have ever had, and yes it did revolutionize music....but what have they put out recently that is anything close to that? They have been putting out garbage, they might as well give you a blank CD, they're worth about the same.

---------- Post added February-10th-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

Linkin Park hasn't put out a good album since Meteora. Need to find waht worked with the earlier songs and do it again.

Exactly

That came out like 10 years ago. They have put out some serious rubbish since then.

Thank you.

They've really changed for the worst. I used to love this band. I saw them on the opening night of this tour, and they've really mellowed out. I understand growing and maturing, but it was a soft concert. I've seen them twice before, and now they feel and look like just an act trying to get on top 40 radio. It's pretty sad.

I filmed this from opening night:

Fi-WYMMS77g

Linkin Park hasn't put out a good album since Meteora. Need to find waht worked with the earlier songs and do it again.

Agreed with the second part of your statement. Linkin Park has become a shadow of their former self. IMO, they're at a point of desperation now and are just scrambling to to be relevant again.

They've really changed for the worst. I used to love this band. I saw them on the opening night of this tour, and they've really mellowed out. I understand growing and maturing, but it was a soft concert. I've seen them twice before, and now they feel and look like just an act trying to get on top 40 radio. It's pretty sad.

I hate hearing fans sing.

Fi-WYMMS77g

Wow! That is really pathetic and kind of depressing... Man, it's crazy to think how obsessed my friends and I were with Linkin Park back in 2002-2003. I swear it was at least a full year before I took Hybrid Theory out of my car CD changer. My first concert was actually seeing Linkin Park at the Patriot Center in 2002. The way I remember them performing "In the End" was nothing like that though.... they actually had energy

Wow! That is really pathetic and kind of depressing... Man, it's crazy to think how obsessed my friends and I were with Linkin Park back in 2002-2003. I swear it was at least a full year before I took Hybrid Theory out of my car CD changer. My first concert was actually seeing Linkin Park at the Patriot Center in 2002. The way I remember them performing "In the End" was nothing like that though.... they actually had energy

It's sad...

The first time that I saw them was their Meteora world tour in 2004. There was so much energy on stage and in turn in the crowd. This was pretty flat both ways.

Archived