Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Super Bowl

ACW

Well, you would think that they would at least get the correct spelling of guys playing in the Super Bowl. I guess not.

The same crew also said (during the Packers/Eagles game) that Bryan Bulaga's natural position was Right Tackle, though before Tauscher went down he'd always been a Left Tackle.

I remember Jarrett Bush from the loss the the Steelers last season (allowing the last-second TD FTL) and from the Desert Shootout against the Cards. (and more recently as being a great gunner on the Punt team downing quite a few punts inside the five).

I need to vent.

I live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. I just watched the super bowl with a bunch of steeler fans. Holy damn. Maybe because I'm an "extremeskin" but all 10 guys didn't know a damn thing about football. I really felt like they just watched the ball and thats it. When I watch a game with my other redskins fan we analyze every position during the game and how well they are doing. I found myself getting annoyed at the fact they (steelers fans) couldnt see other things develop (such as penalties, route running, etc) Do any of you guys get annoyed by I guess less intelligent fans when watching a game with one?

I'm just glad Pitt had an epic fail tonight.. because it sure is quiet out on the streets (college campus streets) where about 11AM all you heard was Pens chants and that stupid black and yellow song blasting from peoples houses.

Rant over.

I feel your pain. And its one of the many reasons I choose to watch the games alone- even the Super Bowl. I just can't stand interacting with people that don't know sports. And, actually, the Super Bowl is the WORST of all games to watch with other people. Its usually a bunch of people talking the whole time. Seriously, how the **** can people watch a game with people talking the whole time? You're not gonna hear alot of valuable insight that is taking place. Plus, I love women, but not when I'm watching a game. Get lost. I also have never understood why people watch their favorite team at a bar. Yeah, I get the interaction part of it. But you can't actually follow what's going on.

I suppose everyone's looking for me. I'm just giddy with happiness after that game. Lost 3 key components of our secondary at various points of the game (Charles Woodson out for the game) and still came away with the win. One of my big talking points about why the Packers would win this time was because unlike last time we met the Steelers, we have a secondary and didn't have to rely on Jarrett Bush. Next thing I know, Woodson and Shields are out, and Bush is in... AND HE MAKES AN INTERCEPTION! Of course, he made up for that by giving up a TD :/

Congrats on the win. Packers' secondary played well but Ben helped them out a lot by sucking (missing a wide open Mike Williams deep for an easy TD; pump faking and getting hit when Williams had a step on the defender to give up a huge pick six early; etc). Bush's pick was a nice play for yall; don't know if Ben even saw him coming.

Rodgers came up big---even with receivers dropping numerous passes. We didn't get near enough pressure on him.

Here's to meeting again next year with a different result!

Congrats to Pack, they played ridiculously throughout playoffs and deserved to win the SB. I was pulling for them and was highly irritated when ARE was looking like Wes Welker out there, even if it was against backup DBs. Fortunately they settled in and made the stops when they had to.

Good game, and best team won. Even if McCarthy used Andy Reid's playsheet (pass-run %).

Archived