Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Classy move by DeSean Jackson and other Eagles!

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

Well, let me turn off my fan blinders for a moment:

That was pretty awesome of those guys to show up for that kid. It's not like they couldn't have just sent a video or called the show or something, they actually showed up to support the kid. That was pretty cool.

Fan blinders back on:

I got bullied when I was in school and no ******* showed up to make me feel better. Where were you then Desean, huh? Oh, that's right, you weren't born yet! Well so much for being a great guy, son of a *****.

Somehow, I feel a balance with the universe now.

Stories like this are always good. The kid should take the bully on MTV's "Bully Beatdown."

I would bet they tried too. Glory whores. I would never air my problems on national tv like that. When my family fell to ****, my Dad wrote Oprah and she wanted to have us on, but my sister and I wouldn't do it.

Bullys suck, I agree, but the View was just taking an oportunity to exploit it and those Eagle players jumped right on the band wagon. Then DeSean just makes it all about himself yet again.

The kid is too young to understand exactly what is going on, but the rest are just self absorbed *******s.

---------- Post added February-5th-2011 at 04:48 AM ----------

If that doesnt give you a chill then you arent a human.

No, if you can watch Earthlings and not cry you are human, but this was celebrity gesticulating.

Bullys suck, I agree, but the View was just taking an oportunity to exploit it and those Eagle players jumped right on the band wagon. Then DeSean just makes it all about himself yet again.

The kid is too young to understand exactly what is going on, but the rest are just self absorbed *******s.

Who cares? This isn't about you, the Eagles, "The View", or anyone else; this is about that boy. Did you see that smile? That's all that mattered.

I think what would really help that kid and other kids like him is a mentoring program, and not a signed jersey and a handshake on broadcast TV. Yeah I know it was all smiles and made that kid's day, and thats awesome, but thats just for that day, what about tomorrow? All I see is "I got bullied so I got a free gift from a football star." Being on TV with D. Jackson isn't going to teach that kid how to prepare himself for anything, that was just a good time. Now if there was any type of mentoring outside of that 25 minutes talk show, then I'll give Jackson some props. But when he came out, it was all about him as usual

Who cares? This isn't about you, the Eagles, "The View", or anyone else; this is about that boy. Did you see that smile? That's all that mattered.

Until he goes back to school Monday wearing it and he gets beaten up and sent home shirtless.

Sure, it was a "feel good" type of thing, but just to vain and shallow on all accounts for me to start patting anybody on the back. Just my opinion.

As much as I don't like him on the field (and I'm sure you can agree with me on that TRPB), that was an awesome gesture for the kid. That'll be one of the best memories of his life and he can turn the bullying into something positive, at least that instance. That more than makes up for him having to suffer through being on The View ;).

The only thing I'm worried about now is that the kid could get bullied again by those same guys because of what happened.

true that....bullies dont just stop and look for things like this...it pisses them off further and then it gets worse......i know all to well with my own son, this stuff really tugs at my heart....my own son got his ass beat the hell out of for being "different"...i went to the school and asked for a meeting with the kid and the kids dad....wish was not granted, the kid was suspended, then expelled and later other kids said to my boy and i quote "now your gonna get it, look what happened to "blank" cause of you"........so we transferred him to another school and all has been coll the last couple years....now he is on the wrestling team and his teammates love him and help him and protect him!

Hate on DJax all you want but this was a nice gesture. I hate his ****y attitude on the field, but you know what? He's good. I love the people saying it was all about him and cameras. Did any of you listen to the video? The View went out of there way to contact his favorite player and ask him to be on the show, it's not like he just showed up. Do you guys think you know what every professional athlete does without a camera in front of them? How do you know DJax doesn't hold an offseason training camp for young kids which will never make the papers, ESPN, or NFL Network. This kid endured a terrible feeling of being bullied and nobody to help him vs 7 people. The smile on his face of seeing his favorite professional athlete is all that was needed to be seen. DJax gets some points here in my book but IMO Mark Sanchez deserves the entire kabash when it comes to making a child feel special. I wanted the Jets to win the superbowl for only one reason, and it was Mark Sanchez.

Amazing...NFL players give back to their community and do a nice thing. However, because they play for a team other than the Redskins, we find a reason to make it sound like it's NOT a nice gesture.

Good for DJax and the others.

Yeah, I'm a life long Skins fan and can appreciate what those Eagles did. Unfortunately our team has just as many ignorant fans as any other team , that can't look beyond the "GAME" to acknowledge a kind act. Besides it was all set up by the show, not the players. So self promotion does'nt play into this. Just some warped brain fans. Touche DJax & others

---------- Post added February-6th-2011 at 11:18 AM ----------

---------- Post added February-6th-2011 at 11:21 AM ----------

Physically it does'nt, emotionally it does. At least he can move on feeling supported by some important people, and not be as afraid.

---------- Post added February-6th-2011 at 11:26 AM ----------

....and how does this help this kid from not getting jumped again?!
Physically it does'nt. Emotionaly it helps him move on with more confidence knowing some important people support him.

It sounds like he wouldn't even need their protection...real wrestlers (as opposed to WWE) aren't exactly pushovers. Congrats to your son, I wish him well.

thanks man, and yea no doubt....i have been a wrestling coach for over 13 years and stopped coaching this year to enjoy watching my son in the sport.......I spent my entire liffe in the sport starting when i was 7....no doubt about it, those kids are good for him!

I hate the eagles as much as any other skins fan... But I'm not going to hate on good deeds by players. That's just sad. Having worked in charity I can say that people do things for what some would consider the wrong reasons but those benefitting from their actions are still better off, and that end result us what matters most of all. That kid doesn't give a damn about the bs talked about in this thread and was made to feel good when he really needed it.

I hate the eagles as much as any other skins fan... But I'm not going to hate on good deeds by players. That's just sad. Having worked in charity I can say that people do things for what some would consider the wrong reasons but those benefitting from their actions are still better off, and that end result us what matters most of all. That kid doesn't give a damn about the bs talked about in this thread and was made to feel good when he really needed it.

That kid is on ES? :silly:

Archived