Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Minutes

OxonHillSkinsFan89

IMO, there will never be a better possession receiver than monk. I still get a little irked there was a touch down taken from him in super bowl XXVI against the bills. In the week leading up to the game, Monk talked about how much he wanted to score a TD in the biggest stage of them all. After the his catch in the super bowl was originally ruled an touchdown, and eventually turned down, I though it might be a huge let down for the skins. It was, however, the '91 skins, the greatest team ever assembled, and there was nothing stopping that train. But it still bothers me to this day that Monk never got his super bowl TD.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, there will never be a better possession receiver than monk. I still get a little irked there was a touch down taken from him in super bowl XXVI against the bills. In the week leading up to the game, Monk talked about how much he wanted to score a TD in the biggest stage of them all. After the his catch in the super bowl was originally ruled an touchdown, and eventually turned down, I though it might be a huge let down for the skins. It was, however, the '91 skins, the greatest team ever assembled, and there was nothing stopping that train. But it still bothers me to this day that Monk never got his super bowl TD.

It's weird because I distinctly remember that reversal, even though I was only 11. Ultimately it didn't change the outcome of the game, but years later, when he was being dinged by HOF voters for lack of a signature catch, I used to wonder if that play could've single-handedly gotten him in.

Holy ****, I'm getting misty eyed just watching that. I remember being there, and just seeing the sea of B&G honoring one of the hardest working players to ever grace the game. Proves in my mind that Redskins fans are the best in the NFL, years haven't been so great to us, and some of the excitement wanes, but moments like this show just how much we care about the players who work hard and provide results. Hands down one of the most awe-inspiring nights of my life.

I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't. This just shows, like you said, how we really are the best fans in the world!

• 3 weeks later...

Another 4 minutes that I will always remember....

Sept 19th, 2005....I traveled to Texas Stadium with my wife and daughter as a 40th bday present. With the Skins down 13-0 and 3:55 remaining Brunell to Moss..TD. Just 2 minutes later...Brunell to Moss TD and a 14-13 Skins victory.

We walked out of a silent Texas Stadium and the thing I remember most was a woman old enough to be my grandmother stating "I'd rather lose to anyone but the ****ing Redskins."

Tomorrow the wife and I fly down to New Orleans...let's hope that the flight home Monday is as joyous as that flight home 7 years ago this month....

Another 4 minutes that I will always remember....

Sept 19th, 2005....I traveled to Texas Stadium with my wife and daughter as a 40th bday present. With the Skins down 13-0 and 3:55 remaining Brunell to Moss..TD. Just 2 minutes later...Brunell to Moss TD and a 14-13 Skins victory.

We walked out of a silent Texas Stadium and the thing I remember most was a woman old enough to be my grandmother stating "I'd rather lose to anyone but the ****ing Redskins."

Tomorrow the wife and I fly down to New Orleans...let's hope that the flight home Monday is as joyous as that flight home 7 years ago this month....

The highlights of that dallas game are one of the highlight videos in my pregame regimen.....See you in N.O.....Well, maybe I won't see you, but I'll see you there. Hail.

That was an awesome moment for the fans and Art. The way he waited so long to get in the HOF and he's so quiet it was a great time to yell and scream for him on his behalf. My father and I cheered in the stands till there was nothing left in our lungs. So glad for Art that he finally got his. Also, it was one of the best trips me and my pops ever took. Moments like that remind me why this game (and team) are so great. It was a very special night.

HTTR!

Archived