Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

Thanks.

Big loss losing Reaves to Marshall. I know I have bias towards Loudoun County players but DeAndre is a great player. He started playing HS football in 8th grade IIRC and was playing Varsity ball as a freshman and was constantly a dominant player in the district. Teams basically game planned against him because he was that good. Losing him sucks no question hopefully they can recover and add more RB talent

Looks like FSU will finish with:

#1 class on ESPN

#2 class on Scout

#4 class on Rivals

Led by high 4 star TE Nick O'Leary (grandson of Jack Nicklaus), 5 star S Karlos Williams, 5 star DT Tim Jernigan, 5 star RB/LB James Wilder Jr., 4 star CB Nick Waisome, and high 4 star RB Devonta Freeman, along with arguably the #1 o-line group in the country.

I'll take that. This Jimbo Fisher guy might work out. (although I have to thank Miami and UF for helping contribute to this class as well, it couldn't have been fully done without them fumbling around)

Do you think he picked Georgia just so he could get that dog?

Question: How exactly did Crowell come upon a English bulldog puppy for his signing day bit? :evilg:

Those retail at $2,000. Even if he was loaned one by someone associated by UGA, thats a violation.

Stud 5 star OT Cyrus Kouandjio, a DeMatha product, signed with Alabama today. This likely gives Alabama the #1 class in the country (bumping FSU to #2).

That leaves only The Clown Prince as the last big fish for somebody, but he's not announcing until his 18th birthday on February 14th.

Stud 5 star OT Cyrus Kouandjio, a DeMatha product, signed with Alabama today. This likely gives Alabama the #1 class in the country (bumping FSU to #2).

That leaves only The Clown Prince as the last big fish for somebody, but he's not announcing until his 18th birthday on February 14th.

Huge pickup for Alabama. With him projecting as their LT and having Philip Sims from last year they have a lot of young talent building on that O with Richardson next year as well

Huge pickup for Alabama. With him projecting as their LT and having Philip Sims from last year they have a lot of young talent building on that O with Richardson next year as well

A little off-topic, but I've hear from many places that Richardson is a better prospect than Ingram, despite the whole "Ingram is the best RB prospect in a couple years" stuff that has been cooling down recently.

What do you think, dukes? Is Richardson better than Ingram?

A little off-topic, but I've hear from many places that Richardson is a better prospect than Ingram, despite the whole "Ingram is the best RB prospect in a couple years" stuff that has been cooling down recently.

I loved Ingram as a prospect but honestly Richardson is just going to be a boss when he goes to the next level. It'll show next year once he's the full time guy and starts for them and shows why he was so touted coming out of HS. I'm telling you Sims at QB will be huge for them and then Richardson will be another big weapon for them and they have a very good WR corps already even with Julio leaving. Alabama is going to be a team to wreckon with

I loved Ingram as a prospect but honestly Richardson is just going to be a boss when he goes to the next level. It'll show next year once he's the full time guy and starts for them and shows why he was so touted coming out of HS. I'm telling you Sims at QB will be huge for them and then Richardson will be another big weapon for them and they have a very good WR corps already even with Julio leaving. Alabama is going to be a team to wreckon with

Thanks for the info! If you had to give NFL comparisons for the two RB's, who would you compare them to?

Thanks for the info! If you had to give NFL comparisons for the two RB's, who would you compare them to?

Well everyone threw the Ingram to Smith(Emmit) comparisons which I can see and I almost see Richardson as a mix of Tiki Barber in his prime and a little bit of wiggle like LT at times. It's hard to compare him to anyone but the man is a freak of nature at RB

I LOVE Trent Richardson. This guy is my favorite running back in the nation and most favorite since Adrian Peterson. With him being the #1 back this year, I would not be shocked to see him in the Heisman race. The dude is a beast in the weight room, and just bounces off tacklers. If I were to take any running back from 2008 until this next year's draft, of all of the running backs in that span, I would take Richardson over every single one and wouldn't think twice about it. If he by any chance became a Redskin, I'd buy his jersey before it was made. :ols:

sims is competing for the starting roll w/ redshirt sophmore AJ McCarron. and i think AJ wins out this year. Sims is a better athlete, but AJ gets the system and has that "it" about him. i believe sims will backup this year as a RS fresh. and probably win the starting roll for his jr and sr. year. either way its a good problem for Bama to have. as for trent i think we can all agree he is a monster. i wouldn't compare him to LT or Tiki. He is a bruising back that trucks people and bounces off tackles w/ high end speed. his style is punishing and i don't think tiki or LT could ever be labled that. he is like a compact, faster and more explosive Marion Barber with alot more wiggle. and that really doesn't do him justice. perhaps Barbers power w/ MJD's speed and agility. anyway you look at it he is a stud.

back on topic...

Cyrus was a huge pick up for my tide and probably the biggest offensive recruit this year. and Ha Ha (the nations top Safety) should help out our secondary but the guy who has Bama fans really excited and the rest of the country isn't talking much about is JUCO DT Jesse Williams from australia. Dubbed the next Terrence Cody, this guy is sure to start from day 1 and will no doubt have an instant impact.

basketball player turned rugby converted to football the "thunder from down under" Jesse Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?id=5436284

despite what espn says other sites have him listed at 6-4 340. benches 525 lbs. and has the footwork and explosion of a basketball player!!!

FYI for any Virginia Tech people Coach Cav will have his annual "recruiting night" at the Grill in Arlington (on Columbia Pike) at 7 pm tomorrow night.

Always a lot of fun

You gonna grill him on VT's 33th ranked, by Rivals, recruiting class (the lowest VT class since 2004)?

Seems like a lot of Hokies fans around the interwebz are fairly annoyed with the big misses in this recruiting class.

You gonna grill him on VT's 33th ranked, by Rivals, recruiting class (the lowest VT class since 2004)?

Seems like a lot of Hokies fans around the interwebz are fairly annoyed with the big misses in this recruiting class.

There were plenty of good questions asked, a few comments about UNC and his thoughts on that, and a few explanations on the misses (Grant in particular)

For the most part the class is actually pretty good that was brought in, tons of speed, 2 big time d-lineman (Kory Marshall and Kris Harley).

The misses will certainly hurt, Marquis Williams (who looked like a stud on film throwing the ball to VT recruit Kevin Asante) Travis Hughes, Stephone Anthony and of course Curtis Grant. Out of those guys, he appeared to really think the highest of Travis Hughes who went to UNC and liked Curtis Grant as a kid very much, although he felt that CG was the 4th best player in the Richmond area this year (best player in that area last year)

What I do love about Cav is that he is very honest in his assessment of some of the recruits. While he praises them he does make light of a the flaws they have, for example a big H-back/TE we got, basically saying the guy has never blocked anyone in his life.

There were quite a few poor questions asked so I didn't get mine in, needless to say I do like the players we have brought in on D and do like the start we already have to the 2012 class.

No mention of FSU btw, most people were more curious about UNC

BTW- That 2004 class did provide the backbone for 2 ACC championships and four 10 win seasons :)

Josh Morgan, Eddie Royal, Brandon Flowers, Ryan Shuman, Justin Harper, and hell Sean Glennon (MVP of the 2007 ACCCG) were all in that class. To be quite frank, the talent in VA that year wasn't really that hot

Our 2005 class had far more stars but besides Macho Harris (5 stars) didn't really pan out. Some of the busts were QB Ike Whitaker (4 star and an alcoholic) Elan Lewis (4 star RB, injuries) Todd Nolen (4 star WR, never made it to school) William Wall (4 star kicked off team for disciplinary issues and would have been a monster DE), and Devean Simmons (4 star freak of nature LB who never made it to VT).

I honestly thought after that signing day that we had signed our national championship class

Also, have you read this article?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/02/08/2008-recruiting-classes/index.html?eref=sihp

I have to say, I like Tate Forcier coming to Miami. He's not a great quarterback by any means, but I think he can start for us. Golden seems to really be doing his best to get the program turned around. I was indifferent on the Golden hire originally, but I'm slowly shifting to optimistic.

And Clowney picks South Carolina.

Teams in the ACC say "thank God."

HUGE pickup for South Carolina, you have to think they are going to be a favorite to win it in the SEC with Jeffery Lattimore Garcia all returning and adding Clowney will make up for the loss of Matthews easily on the DL. Big pickup for the ole ball coach

Archived