Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 College Football Thread

SkinsHokieFan

Yeah, Penn State's had some good recruiting classes the previous two years BUT you need to pull in a good class EVERY year to really compete year in and year out. Or else you end up with years where you can't reload or you're really young. Graduation, leaving early, injuries can leave you "exposed".

Wow, Clemson just pulled a big one, signing Tony Steward out from under Florida State.
Yeah, I'm surprised about that one. Nice get for Clemson.

Early playing time wins out. He can start at Clemson next year.

And Kevin Steele (Clemson's DC) is a HELL of a recruiter. When people bring up FSU's recruiting classes in the middle of the decade and the surprising talent they would pull in nationally, it was usually Steele who got those kids. He's also a fantastic LBs coach and DC, so he can back up his talk to kids.

Clemson always pulls one or two kids from Florida that surprise people. Steward was a lock to FSU as of about 2 weeks ago, but over the past week there's been a lot of rumors about him switching to Clemson, despite his family wanting him to go to FSU.

Clemson will be loaded for their next HC in 2012 once they fire Dabo. And missing out on Steward definitely stings, but I'm more concerned with Tim Jernigan a half hour from now. FSU is stacked at the LB position but needs DL talent and depth.

Early playing time wins out. He can start at Clemson next year.

And Kevin Steele (Clemson's DC) is a HELL of a recruiter. When people bring up FSU's recruiting classes in the middle of the decade and the surprising talent they would pull in nationally, it was usually Steele who got those kids. He's also a fantastic LBs coach and DC, so he can back up his talk to kids.

Clemson always pulls one or two kids from Florida that surprise people. Steward was a lock to FSU as of about 2 weeks ago, but over the past week there's been a lot of rumors about him switching to Clemson, despite his family wanting him to go to FSU.

Clemson will be loaded for their next HC in 2012 once they fire Dabo. And missing out on Steward definitely stings, but I'm more concerned with Tim Jernigan a half hour from now. FSU is stacked at the LB position but needs DL talent and depth.

Dabo has done a fantastic job recruiting the last 2 years. Its too bad he can't coach himself out of a paper bag and some damn good talent will get wasted at Clemson.

Good article here on how Clemson uses technology on the recruiting trail

http://www.thestate.com/2011/02/02/1675221/tigers-ride-cutting-edge-technology.html

Overall for us, today is looking like a pretty good class on D, some good WRs, a few Florida sleepers from Atlantic High school (where Brandon Flowers and Jayron Hosley went) but not the homerun it could have and probably should have been if we had landed one of Grant, Hughes or Anthony at the LB spot.

Just Google Imaged them....I'm going to go with Jenn Brown as the answer. Jesus.

Haha well, that's the answer to a different question (I was going in the total opposite direction with Holly Rowe being the odd one out), but yes, Jenn Brown FTW! I think I'd take her over Erin Andrews actually.

Also FTW: Tim Jernigan.

And that basically wraps up FSU's NSD.

SUCK IT CHOKIES.

With Terrell, UVa now has 4 of the top 10 in state players (Tech 2 of 10), and 13 of the top 30 (Tech 7 of 30).

We have no chance at Grant, but the day was handily won without him.

Mike London, pretty, pretty, pretty good first class.

Is there a set time where Curtis Grant is making his decision?

I think he is announcing at 1:30 on ESPNU

---------- Post added February-2nd-2011 at 11:48 AM ----------

SUCK IT CHOKIES.

We have no chance at Grant, but the day was handily won without him.

Mike London, pretty, pretty, pretty good first class.

Don't count them out just yet on Grant. I know a lot have him signed, sealed and delivered to OSU, but I am not completely sure.

And I am not going to tell the Hokies to suck it just yet. Today feels good, but we need to beat them on the field a time or two.

SUCK IT CHOKIES.

You are being sarcastic right? :ols:

When UVA gets to within 4 TDs of us, I'll be concerned :)

While we didn't close on the big dogs we wanted in this class (Grant, Hughes and Anthony) it is still a very good class. Just not an A+ national championship class, but a win 10 games, beat UVA, UNC, Clemson, compete for ACC titles class

I just hope you guys haven't forgotten the class of 2002, when Al Groh was supposed to have taken back VA with Brooks, Parham, Johnson and Martinez.

We got stuck with Darryl Tapp and Jonathon Lewis :(

Don't count them out just yet on Grant. I know a lot have him signed, sealed and delivered to OSU, but I am not completely sure.

And I am not going to tell the Hokies to suck it just yet. Today feels good, but we need to beat them on the field a time or two.

I think that day may be coming sooner, rather than later.

London really is doing a great job in getting that program back to some respectability.

I also take back my praise for Steve Sarkisian's office fax livestream. Once again, Nick Saban comes out on top with the Alabama office fax livestream feed, complete with a LOI big board and an Alabama cheerleader putting the nametags up:

http://www.rolltide.com/allaccess/?media=222643

fax5.jpg

Dominique Terrell to UVA...Wahoowah!

A great athlete but I wonder where they play him i'd assume DB but maybe they try him at Wr/PR.. David Watford is the key my HOOS need a QB really bad. Mike London kicking in doors in the 757 I love it but even took some good players from Nova as well.

Archived