Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ONLY true free credit site endorsed by the Federal Trade Commission.

polywog999

Go here and DO NOT PAY. You are entitled to a free report once a year. Please do not share personal information or use this on a non-secured network LIKE AT WORK, or at the library.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

This site is the ONLY site that can be used for ALL THREE reports. All of the other "sites" want your money. I was given this site by Equifax. It is 100% legitimate.

I always check mine every year and this is how I do it every year.

From the Federal Trade Commission website:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/freereports/index.shtml

A new law requires commercial websites that say they offer free credit reports to include a box letting you know you can get a free credit report at www.AnnualCreditReport.com. Click on the link to www.AnnualCreditReport.com, the only place to get the free report that's yours by law.

Many companies claim to offer free credit reports – and some do. But others give you a report only if you buy other products or services. Still others say they’re giving you a “free” report and then bill you for services you have to cancel. If you go to www.AnnualCreditReport.com and follow the prompts for your free credit report, you can be sure the reports you get really are free.

Be very very careful about free credit checking services. Typically you sign a book of small print to take part in such services; which allow them to give your credit reports to other folks for years...

I know freecreditreport.com uses this technique.

Be very very careful about free credit checking services. Typically you sign a book of small print to take part in such services; which allow them to give your credit reports to other folks for years...

I know freecreditreport.com uses this technique.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/freereports/index.shtml

pre-header-ftc-seal.jpg

AnnualCreditReport.com is the ONLY authorized source for the free annual credit report that's yours by law. The Fair Credit Reporting Act guarantees you access to your credit report for free from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies — Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion — every 12 months. The Federal Trade Commission has received complaints from consumers who thought they were ordering their free annual credit report, and yet couldn't get it without paying fees or buying other services. TV ads, email offers, or online search results may tout "free" credit reports, but there is only one authorized source for a truly free credit report.

This is NOT a Spam site! This is the USA official site, but yes, even when dealing with the three credit agency's please read everything.

You may contest "incorrect" information on this same site. If it is not verified it will be removed. This, also is free.

The credit reports that Polywog talks about are truly free and are required by law to be available for free every year.

The problem is that you don't get your credit score (sometimes called your FICO)

But those other sites where you can sign up for there service and get your scores won't necessarily get you your "real" scores (e.g. the scores that your lender is using if you are getting a mortgage)

Bottom line,

pull your free reports and look them over and make sure that you agree with everything on it.

Archived