Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving again, hopefully for the last time...

ZoEd

Well, I was planning on Gulfport MS being my last duty assignment in the Air Force but things didn't work out the way I wanted. I'm not mad though, pretty excited actually. I found out today I'm going to Dover AFB in Delaware. IMO it's a perfect location, Philly, Baltimore, DC, hunting, fishing, beach, decent schools and most of all THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS!

Anybody from this area or know anything about it? I'll be heading that way in late July early August.

Well, I was planning on Gulfport MS being my last duty assignment in the Air Force but things didn't work out the way I wanted. I'm not mad though, pretty excited actually. I found out today I'm going to Dover AFB in Delaware. IMO it's a perfect location, Philly, Baltimore, DC, hunting, fishing, beach, decent schools and most of all THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS!

Anybody from this area or know anything about it? I'll be heading that way in late July early August.

Iggles territory. beware.

If you are into Nascar there is a great party there once a year :)

I'm looking forward to having four seasons and some snow, haven't seen any in 5 years. Dover is one of my favorite race tracks so I'm going to dig that for sure.

Been looking on line and houses don't appear to be too expensive up there. Just don't know what area to live in yet.

OC is one of my all time favorite beaches, love the board walk!

Been looking on line and houses don't appear to be too expensive up there. Just don't know what area to live in yet.

The housing market there is very depressed. If you are looking to buy, it's definitely a buyers market. I can't give advice on where to live there though :)

Most definitely NOT "Iggles territory"! :ols: You see a lot of their sickening green in New Castle County at the northern end but down state you'll find quite a bit of the B&G.

Dover AFB is a critical East Coast hub for a lot of AF operations so they have a good rep as far as a duty station (sure you know that already). Depending on where you live there is a decent mix of rural, beach, urban close at hand, and the housing market is very good right now if you are looking to buy. The whole Delmarva has great freshwater fishing along with ocean charters to the east and the Chesapeake to the west.

Like anywhere else, lil Delaware has its issues in places but it has a lot to offer as well, even if it is often overlooked due to its larger neighbors.

Most definitely NOT "Iggles territory"! :ols: You see a lot of their sickening green in New Castle County at the northern end but down state you'll find quite a bit of the B&G.

Dover AFB is a critical East Coast hub for a lot of AF operations so they have a good rep as far as a duty station (sure you know that already). Depending on where you live there is a decent mix of rural, beach, urban close at hand, and the housing market is very good right now if you are looking to buy. The whole Delmarva has great freshwater fishing along with ocean charters to the east and the Chesapeake to the west.

Like anywhere else, lil Delaware has its issues in places but it has a lot to offer as well, even if it is often overlooked due to its larger neighbors.

Thanks LD, I spent three hours looking at houses last night and the prices are very reasonable. The more I think about it the more excited I get and I've personally wanted to be stationed there for a long time, convincing the wife was hard part. Most people don't really think of Delaware as a place they'd like to live so I can understand her apprehension, but she's coming around. She's really excited about being so close to the coast, she's from down here in MS and that's what she loves the most about home.

Tailgating! ES tailgates, here I come!

You're a day trip away from a bunch of nice little Eastern shore towns, too - St. Michael's, Easton, Oxford, Chestertown. Your wife will love those places - shopping, good restaurants, B&Bs, historic sites... Annapolis is 60 miles away, and it's a cool town to spend time in - that is if an Air Force guy can stand being so close to all those swabbies.

Archived