Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else tired of the same commentating on Mike Vick?

DeadExField

Every interview I see him it is related to his past actions in some way shape or form, and its getting annoying. I don't think he has to be reminded every single interview he has on how fortunate he is to be back in the NFL, and how he feels about it.

Watching the recent pro bowl interview inspired me to make this thread in case anyone else saw the same one.

Anyone else?

Every interview I see him it is related to his past actions in some way shape or form, and its getting annoying. I don't think he has to be reminded every single interview he has on how fortunate he is to be back in the NFL, and how he feels about it.

Watching the recent pro bowl interview inspired me to make this thread in case anyone else saw the same one.

Anyone else?

What else is there to talk about with Mike Vick, other than his current play and his past actions?

Just wondering, since you seem to think that there are more worthy things to interview him about. I mean, its not like he's been in the national eye for multiple years because of what he did in the past, or anything.

My biggest problem is not really with Vick, but with the public acting as if Vick is the son of god and is unstoppable. After he murdered us, he was immediately voted into the probowl. Now he is a great player, but he can be stopped as we have seen from the Vikings and packers. But I agree that there is really nothing els to talk to him about other than his play and dogfighting.

I'm just saying every interview is the same questions for the most part. I know he will always be that guy, but I'd like to see more effort from these commentators to create a new topic, but in this age its old news> new news

Maybe it will pass when Vick overcomes his past similar to Kobe, proving himself to be a champion despite his actions

Is commentating really a word. Commentary sounds better.

I stopped watching sportscenter and the like because of its redundant and sappy nature. Join me and enjoy a better life.

commentating

Verb: Report on an event as it occurs, esp. for a news or sports broadcast; provide a commentary.

I agree with you, commentary does sound better. But you do feel tired of it is what you're saying, right? I'm interested in any examples you have

Anyone else?

Not to turn this in to a religious debate but this is exactly what Satan does, hangs the sins of the past over your

head and literally beats you to death with them..

Not to turn this in to a religious debate but this is exactly what Satan does, hangs the sins of the past over your

That's probably the best way to put it, and how I was trying to describe it. I feel that even when the commentary is complimenting him, its still holding that past above his head. I'm not saying we should all bag it and forget it ever happened, but it just seems that's every commentators "go-to"

That's probably the best way to put it, and how I was trying to describe it. I feel that even when the commentary is complimenting him, its still holding that past above his head. I'm not saying we should all bag it and forget it ever happened, but it just seems that's every commentators "go-to"

Of course they are still holding it over his head..which explains why folks fail to understand what true forgiveness is, not forgetting but all so

not recalling his sins of the past

Of course they are still holding it over his head..which explains why folks fail to understand what true forgiveness is, not forgetting but all so

not recalling his sins of the past

Please don't try to make Michael Vick into some kind of victim. He committed a horrible crime and did time for it. But that doesn't mean he should be completely forgiven. It's a large part of who he is. I actually feel that the media has been too easy on him. There were a ton of articles talking about how he has redeemed himself and my question is how? By playing football well? It's going to take a long period of good behavior before he has proven anything in my opinion.

Please don't try to make Michael Vick into some kind of victim. He committed a horrible crime and did time for it. But that doesn't mean he should be completely forgiven. It's a large part of who he is. I actually feel that the media has been too easy on him. There were a ton of articles talking about how he has redeemed himself and my question is how? By playing football well? It's going to take a long period of good behavior before he has proven anything in my opinion.

You're right he did do a terrible thing, but I don't think this is about Mike being a victim. This thread isn't to put his entire "story" in retrospect, but just the interview/commentary aspect of his current state and how it seems like thats all the commentators can come up with to talk about. Maybe thats how the media works, having to give his whole bio during ever pre game broadcast.

Since you feel his crime is so heinous in nature let me ask you this..is his crime worse or less than the others we see on the books today????

I'm more tired of the "redemption" bs or "this is what makes America so great..2nd chances" while neglecting the fact that the man was one of the most prominent athletes in the country thus getting him a chance to achieve something that is unattainable to 99.99999% of the correctional population. It ignores the fact that most of these guys go in with no education/job skills and come out with the same no education/work experience/job skills and are expected to be successful/not re-offend. Of course, the most likely result is recidivism.

It glosses over one of the biggest problems in America's correctional system and I think it's mind-numbingly stupid.

I agree, it's a little tired. Enough already, we know what he did, there's nothing new under the sun about that that we don't already know and that he hasn't discussed a thousand times. It's the same old questions asked of Vick and he gives the same responses, let's move on. He's been outta prison 2 years and he's been the starting QB since September.

We're pretty fortunate it's not the Eagles vs the Steelers in the Super Bowl, because it'd be two weeks of Ben and Vick's stories of redemption, ad nauseum.

I agree, it's a little tired. Enough already, we know what he did, there's nothing new under the sun about that that we don't already know and that he hasn't discussed a thousand times.

Actually, the media did a pretty good job of "glossing over" much of what he "really" did.

The proof is that when people talk of Vick, they say folks are upset over the fact that he "killed some dogs", which is proof of their ignorance of the nature of what he did or proof they aren't interested in telling the truth.

Vick TORTURED animals in a way that most people could not BEGIN to comprehend.

Of course his supporters rush out the ignorant argument that what he did is no different than what hunters do, but it's completely different.

Hunters PRIDE themselves in quick, merciful kills while Vick and his homies ENJOYED the suffering they dished out to the animals.

I still believe that that sort of enjoyment is psychopathic in nature or perhaps it is simply the age hold "hyper-masculinity" amongst peers to hide what you're doing on the "down-low" with your friends...(wink*wink*, nudge*nudge*, say no more).

Maybe it will pass when Vick overcomes his past similar to Kobe, proving himself to be a champion despite his actions
That's one thing I get on one level, but really don't understand about Vick and other controversial athletes. The idea if they play well or even win a championship, it somehow vindicates them and clears them of any previous wrongdoing.

I understand the feeling of "yeah he's a bad guy, but he's OUR bad guy", and the idea that good always triumphs so if a player wins he must be morally good, and blind homerism for a star player.....

But there's still a massive disconnect between what guys like Vick, Rothlisberger, and Stallworth did, and any kind of "proving" on the field. I mean, if the Steelers win the Superbowl in about a week, does that mean that it's LESS likely that Rothlisberger raped a girl? I really don't agree with any kind of connection there. Same with Vick.

That's one thing I get on one level, but really don't understand about Vick and other controversial athletes. The idea if they play well or even win a championship, it somehow vindicates them and clears them of any previous wrongdoing.

I understand the feeling of "yeah he's a bad guy, but he's OUR bad guy", and the idea that good always triumphs so if a player wins he must be morally good, and blind homerism for a star player.....

But there's still a massive disconnect between what guys like Vick, Rothlisberger, and Stallworth did, and any kind of "proving" on the field. I mean, if the Steelers win the Superbowl in about a week, does that mean that it's LESS likely that Rothlisberger raped a girl? I really don't agree with any kind of connection there. Same with Vick.

It infuriates me, too. When Vick was signed, everyone in Philadelphia was up in arms about how horrible that he was and the like. In retrospect, that's probably because he sucked in Atlanta as a real quarterback. Now he does well for the Eagles and all of a sudden those SAME people are defending him. Now that he's human again, and back to really not being that great of a quarterback, he'll get **** for what he did.

Winning cures everything.

this satan character sounds like a jerk, we should all get together and jump him. any idea where he hangs out?

Archived