Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What position on offense is most in need of an upgrade this offseason?

darrelgreenie

You have to connect the dots here.

We have a once-in-a-lifetime QB to protect. He's shown he may have durability issues. (And his abilities--and Morris--might've covered for OL weakness last year.)

RT. And who would come in if Trent went down? We could probably improve our interior OL as well. Build the right way.

We have a once-in-a-lifetime QB to protect. He's shown he may have durability issues. (And his abilities--and Morris--might've covered for OL weakness last year.)

RT. And who would come in if Trent went down? We could probably improve our interior OL as well. Build the right way.

When I connect the dots, I see a coach who hasn't spent a single valuable resource on the OL, outside of drafting a freakish prospect in Trent at LT in the top-5. Otherwise it's been mid rounders and late rounders via draft and trade, UDFA's, and cheap FA veterans. And it's all coming together.

WR! We were 9-1 with Garcon playing 1-5 without that is HUGE.. if he were to go down again we need someone else to pick up the slack and i'm just not totally sold on the others in being able to move into the number 1 slot. Morgan and Tana are in the final year of their contracts and having another legit option would help the offense greatly.

I think a WR and RT both can positively affect the pass protection and the run game in a pretty big way. Last year was a great example of that. With that said, we've got no one we can trust (yet) at the RT spot.

Of course we're I think we're way more likely to draft a WR early than a RT.

Oh, and I'd say the person I am most concerned about getting injured is big TW and a high(ish) draft pick would alleviate that concern somewhat.

We can run, but we can't pass protect. even though we may not have "that big name WR" Garcon, Morgan, Hank, Robinson, Moss surprised people. People said "who are those Skins WR's" I would say Id go with the RT to protect our QB first and foremost, but again it just all depends what is available etc... I don't think we take a RT at 51.

So just how effective was Helu out of the backfield in 2011? Can he (if healthy) solve the 3rd down role? Regardless, I'd feel better if we had a dependable backup to Morris. I think Helu be the COP back, but I'd hate to rely on him and Royster if Morris were out for an extended period.

Archived