Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we even have a QB ?

skinhead757

If we don't draft one this year give Marc Bulger a two year contract and fill all these got damn holes. We need to get into the Luck sweepstakes next season.

This offseason we can pick up: a G, C, RB, & WR; D: NT, FS, OLB

Between our draft picks and the free agent market we could really fill allot of the holes if we didn't worry about a QB.

No, I'd take Locker, Gabbert, Dalton, and even Cam over McCoy.

I was thinking QB but then it hit me, we have seen this movie before. There is no point in drafting a QB if he has little to no support. Lets build our core with youth and speed this year. This could be Chapter 1 of our makeover for the new decade. We can draft our franchise next year (Luck).

This draft is so deep with talent on the defensive side of the ball. We need depth. Marc Bulger for two years would be ideal until we could get Andrew. At best we finish 8-8 or 9-7 next season which would force us to trade a team two first rounders to land him.

Hail!

I was thinking QB but then it hit me, we have seen this movie before. There is no point in drafting a QB if he has little to no support. Lets build our core with youth and speed this year. This could be Chapter 1 of our makeover for the new decade. We can draft our franchise next year (Luck).

This draft is so deep with talent on the defensive side of the ball. We need depth. Marc Bulger for two years would be ideal until we could get Andrew. At best we finish 8-8 or 9-7 next season which would force us to trade a team two first rounders to land him.

Hail!

There's no way we get Luck next year unless we have the #1 overall pick, which I don't see being the case. Whoever has the #1 pick won't be passing on Luck, because they'll have the #1 pick because they don't have a franchise QB.

If Shanahan believes Locker, Gabbert, or Newton is the guy he wants then I'm okay with it, but if he wants to go defensive line or LB with the #10 pick and then going with a guy like Dalton in the 2nd or McElory in the 5th round I'd be okay with that as well.

I believe the Skins are going to upgrade the team greatly in FA this offseason, assuming there's a new CBA, by getting a new center and guard and then going after a couple of d-lineman and an ILB.

There's no way we get Luck next year unless we have the #1 overall pick, which I don't see being the case. Whoever has the #1 pick won't be passing on Luck, because they'll have the #1 pick because they don't have a franchise QB.

If Shanahan believes Locker, Gabbert, or Newton is the guy he wants then I'm okay with it, but if he wants to go defensive line or LB with the #10 pick and then going with a guy like Dalton in the 2nd or McElory in the 5th round I'd be okay with that as well.

I believe the Skins are going to upgrade the team greatly in FA this offseason, assuming there's a new CBA, by getting a new center and guard and then going after a couple of d-lineman and an ILB.

Lets play a hypothetical.. At best next year we go 9-7/8-8 which would give us the 15th 16th pick in the 2012 draft. We could ship our first rounder along with a future number one two whoever holds that number 1 pick.

At worse we go 5-11/6-10 again which could leave us anywhere from the 6th pick to the 10th depending on strength of the schedule. We could ship that pick plus another first rounder to whoever holds the number 1 pick in 2012.

I'm not for trading two first round picks but Andrew looks to be worth the part. We need to get younger and faster.

I would prefer we give SERIOUS consideration of getting Shaun Hill, an ex-Terp, whoi has been quite successful both with the SF 49ers and the Detroit Lions!

I would like us to draft a FRANCHISE QB -- someone in the molds of Joe Flacco, or Matt Ryan.

Lets play a hypothetical.. At best next year we go 9-7/8-8 which would give us the 15th 16th pick in the 2012 draft. We could ship our first rounder along with a future number one two whoever holds that number 1 pick.

At worse we go 5-11/6-10 again which could leave us anywhere from the 6th pick to the 10th depending on strength of the schedule. We could ship that pick plus another first rounder to whoever holds the number 1 pick in 2012.

I'm not for trading two first round picks but Andrew looks to be worth the part. We need to get younger and faster.

My point is that whatever team finishes with the #1 overall pick in 2012 won't be interested in trading out of the #1 spot unless we or any other team sells the farm like NO did in 2000 to get Ricky Williams, and I don't even know if that will be enough, because the team with the #1 pick will most likely be a team such as Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, Denver, etc... would not be passing up the opportunity to take a franchise QB in Luck no matter what any other team offers them. A franchise QB is the biggest difference maker and can turn around a team drastically, look at St. Louis with Bradford, SD with Rivers, Giants with Manning, etc...

Flacco and Ryan have looked horrible in the playoffs with a lot more talent around them then Rex ever had. The Skins need help in so many other positions. QB play has been horrible in the playoffs this year. No one has looked good overall. The position is way overrated in the NFL, especially if you have one or two weak links in the line.

Shanny: "Well anytime you make personnel decisions you are trying to act in the best interest of the football team. That is what we are doing now. You have to evaluate your players and do whatever you can do to improve your football team. We'll be going through that process over the next few months. We'll look at Donovan and Rex and do what is best going forward. Truth be told, we may not even need a quarterback. You look at the film and just may decide to not suit up a quarterback. If you think thats what is in the best interest of the football team."

Archived