Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it too early to name Dallas a contender for 2011? Of course not! Peter King already has!

@SkinsGoldPants

http://m.si.com/news/to/to/detail/3345139/full;jsessionid=65D86DF145CED36749331F2859291668.cnnsi2

The NFC's the land of opportunity.

Winners of the championship in the 16-team NFC in the past 10 seasons:

2010 Green Bay 2009 New Orleans 2008 Arizona 2007 New York Giants 2006 Chicago 2005 Seattle 2004 Philadelphia 2003 Carolina 2002 Tampa Bay 2001 St. Louis

Ten seasons, 10 different franchises. Of the six non-champs over the past decade, five (Atlanta, Dallas, Minnesota, San Francisco and Washington) have each won at least one playoff game. Only Detroit hasn't won a playoff game among the 16 NFC teams in the past 10 years.

Interesting. I could see Dallas contending next season. How amazing would 11 different championship cities in 11 years be?

A bit early for this predicting. It usually happens every year in the early summer.

But right now he has no idea who the starting QB will be for 2 teams in the NFCE (Philly, DC) or what changes will happen....OR...if there is a "Next Season".

Brilliant.

Props to Rictus for mentioning this to me.

Interesting. I could see Dallas contending next season.

Brilliant.

For the life of me I fail to see the point of this?? so he picked them to be a potential

candidate for winning next seasons super bowl. wow, now e-mail him and ask him

if he in fact is just straight running with dallas for next years super bowl winner? or

doe he has several other teams hand picked in case he is wrong with his first over

all selection?

Uh, I think he said that he *could* see Dallas.

I suppose that he *could* also see Philadelphia.

Or Washington.

Or Detroit.

Let the jealousy die, folks. Why do you folks slobber all over the pointless musings of another man?

Because it's hilarious when everyone and their mom picks Dallas to win it all and they fail miserably.

Detroit is stuck behind GB and Chicago in the North. Rams will win 10 games next season and take that division easily.

I still think Chicago is a farce. Detroit is better than their record and I think Chicago is worse than their record. We'll just have to see how that plays out next season. Until then, enjoy the Super Bowl. Go Pack

When I said the thing about Detroit, I was joking. I figured if Peter King could pick someone at random, so could I.

To be honest, Detroit doesn't deserve anything and I hope they fail miserably just like they always do. How a team can have that many top 10 picks over a 10-year period but still be so bad is a level of failure that we'll hopefully never have to see here in DC.

I still think Chicago is a farce. Detroit is better than their record and I think Chicago is worse than their record. We'll just have to see how that plays out next season. Until then, enjoy the Super Bowl. Go Pack

Wasn't Chicago given at least 2 of their wins? I know that week 1 Calvin Johnson ref job was at least 1 they should have lost.

Uh, I think he said that he *could* see Dallas.

I suppose that he *could* also see Philadelphia.

Or Washington.

Or Detroit.

Let the jealousy die, folks. Why do you folks slobber all over the pointless musings of another man?

If you were paid as much as Peter King at your job (which you are not, even divided by 100), and was as incorrect in opinion and prognostication as he was on a yearly basis, you would deserve all the bashing the common folk could dish.

---------- Post added January-25th-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

Are you that clueless?

He isn't known for his intellect around these parts, that's for sure.

---------- Post added January-25th-2011 at 12:08 AM ----------

Oh nos, someone stated their opinion that a team could possibly compete next year!!! Get the pitchforks and torches!

Can we get a tea bag for this guy pronto?

Archived