Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com twitter - London Fletcher to replace Urlacher in Pro Bowl

c4man5282

Nice that London gets the recognition...

I was thinking about this the other day. For guys who weren't in the playoffs, the Pro Bowl takes place a freaking month after their season ends. They've been lounging around enjoying their short offseason, and now they've got to gear up to play another game. Granted, they all play the game half-assed for the most part, but still there's real hitting going on. It's still an honor to be named, but I could see how it's a pain in the butt to have to play in the thing so long after the regular season is over.

I think they want to play, just because it's a fun game to play. No one takes it seriously, everyone has fun. It's a lot less intense, and there's no real animosity going on.

I think they want to play, just because it's a fun game to play. No one takes it seriously, everyone has fun. It's a lot less intense, and there's no real animosity going on.

I think they like everything about the Pro Bowl game except actually playing the game.

Does this count as a real pro bowl in terms of his career stats? Also what happens to the pro bowl status of players who can't play; injury or in Super Bowl?

Yes it counts as a real pro bowl on there resume. The one's who can't play or opted out, also get the pro-bowl on there resume.

Funny how 2 of 4 LBs on our team are no in the pro-bowl, yet our weakest point on the DL (outside of NT) were the linebackers.

Defensive line and linebackers aren't the same thing. If you meant front seven when you said DL, I'd still disagree. The linebacker play this year was inconsistent from everyone but Fletcher but I wouldn't say it was the weakest point of the defense or front seven.

I think a few years ago Brees got hurt and he needed surgery but i could be wrong on that one. And i though a few (well maybe more than a few) some guy got hurt playing a flag game or something on the beach there but im not 100% sure on either one. lol

I'm also not entirely certain but I think that Brees injury came from a freak accident in week 17 when the Chargers were eliminated and playing for nothing. That is, of course, unless we're talking about different injuries altogether, which is entirely possible.

I think a few years ago Brees got hurt and he needed surgery but i could be wrong on that one. And i though a few (well maybe more than a few) some guy got hurt playing a flag game or something on the beach there but im not 100% sure on either one. lol

I know Steve Smith broke his arm right before training camp, are you talking about that?

Fletcher has been snubbed from the ProBowl for most of his career.

He deserves this trip to Hawaii, screw all of you that say he didn't earn it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Just be happy for the dude and move on. If he wasn't hurt I would have had Landry there as well.

Also, though my google results were inconclusive, I think the beach injury you're talking about was Robert Edwards in the rookie beach bowl.

---------- Post added January-24th-2011 at 11:26 AM ----------

so 3/11 of the NFC probowl defense is represented by the 31st defense in the NFL.

classic!

Irony aside, I'm encouraged by that, mostly because it means the defense is only a few pieces away from being quite good.

Defensive line and linebackers aren't the same thing. If you meant front seven when you said DL, I'd still disagree. The linebacker play this year was inconsistent from everyone but Fletcher but I wouldn't say it was the weakest point of the defense or front seven.

Sorry, meant D not DL. But, you disagree regardless.

I don't think our LBs were the least talented, I just dont think we had the right pieces for a 3-4 scheme. Which is why I feel they were the weakest point.

Sorry, meant D not DL. But, you disagree regardless.

I don't think our LBs were the least talented, I just dont think we had the right pieces for a 3-4 scheme. Which is why I feel they were the weakest point.

You're absolutely right. Two new starters are needed at linebacker. I suppose your assessment makes sense when considering the fact that the linebackers were the healthiest part of the defense.

I think they like everything about the Pro Bowl game except actually playing the game.

That's exactly what I think too. I'm sure the players enjoy going down to Miami to the parties leading up to the game and all that, but I can't imagine it's as good as Hawaii was. Oh well.

Congratulations to Fletcher, he should have had a handful of these by now, glad karma is catching up with him.

That's exactly what I think too. I'm sure the players enjoy going down to Miami to the parties leading up to the game and all that, but I can't imagine it's as good as Hawaii was. Oh well.

Congratulations to Fletcher, he should have had a handful of these by now, glad karma is catching up with him.

Isn't it back in Hawaii this year?

Archived