Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com twitter - London Fletcher to replace Urlacher in Pro Bowl

c4man5282

Very cool that both Orakpo and Fletcher go twice in a row to the Pro Bowl together. Now we got D. Hall there with them as well. It's funny how are "top ten" Defense last year got less Pro Bowlers in than our "woeful" defense this year did, lol. I put those in quotes to emphasize a lot of the arguments made here by so many. It goes to show how much different the defense's are in terms of generating big plays, with Haslett's being a world of a difference there and the reason Hall got in.

Cool for Fletcher...he's a great player.

However, I'm curious how this goes down in history. Are both Fletcher and Urlacher credited with making the Pro Bowl in 2010? If so, there must be a huge number of "Pro Bowlers" these days since half the players from playoff teams seem to find other things to do that weekend.

I'm still of the mind that they should cancel the game and name a 1st and 2nd team conference all-star team (like they do with All-Pros) and just leave it at that. That way, you won't ever have 4th or 5th best players at positions being considered Pro Bowlers.

Cool for Fletcher...he's a great player.

However, I'm curious how this goes down in history. Are both Fletcher and Urlacher credited with making the Pro Bowl in 2010? If so, there must be a huge number of "Pro Bowlers" these days since half the players from playoff teams seem to find other things to do that weekend.

I'm still of the mind that they should cancel the game and name a 1st and 2nd team conference all-star team (like they do with All-Pros) and just leave it at that. That way, you won't ever have 4th or 5th best players at positions being considered Pro Bowlers.

Half the league gets to claim they're Pro Bowlers. That must wreak havoc on contract negotiations. Agents probably pray that guys selected pull out so they can walk into the GM and say their guy has X Pro Bowls to his credit.

Half the league gets to claim they're Pro Bowlers. That must wreak havoc on contract negotiations. Agents probably pray that guys selected pull out so they can walk into the GM and say their guy has X Pro Bowls to his credit.

You think the Pro Bowl moniker has any pull left now that half the players drop out?

Yeah, it does feel very watered-down. I realize it's just a fun thing, but I do wish it still meant something like it seemed to in the 80s. I'd go to simply naming all-stars and calling it a season.

Nice that London gets the recognition...

No one wants to play in the Pro Bowl.

I was thinking about this the other day. For guys who weren't in the playoffs, the Pro Bowl takes place a freaking month after their season ends. They've been lounging around enjoying their short offseason, and now they've got to gear up to play another game. Granted, they all play the game half-assed for the most part, but still there's real hitting going on. It's still an honor to be named, but I could see how it's a pain in the butt to have to play in the thing so long after the regular season is over.

Archived