Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mort: Carson Palmer to request a trade

SMOSS89

I can't remember who land that cheap shot ... :whoknows:

????

Carson Palmer's first playoff game ended on his first pass. Now, the Cincinnati Bengals are concerned about his long-term future. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee when Pittsburgh's Kimo von Oelhoffen hit him a moment after he threw his first pass Sunday in a 31-17 playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

He was never a HOF type player, but I think after 2008 (elbow injury, if I recall correctly) things started to fall apart.

He turned down Tommy John surgery to rehab it on it's own. TJ would have put him out for most of 09, but his elbow would have been fixed completely. It's not a fun thing to have, though.

He had career highs in passing in in 2006 and 2007. He was never a HOF type player, but I think after 2008 (elbow injury, if I recall correctly) things started to fall apart.

Actually he never had the Tommy John surgery on his elbow, he elected to rest it. Many think he should have had the surgery as he does seem to have lost some arm strength. He also had shoulder problems last year but I can't recall if it was his throwing shoulder.

He was a heck of a pocket passer and an upper echelon QB for a couple of years, he is still a starting NFL QB in a system which does not require the QB to move much but he is middle of the pack at best now.

Bengals are set to be the worst team in the the league next season. They may actually have a run @ Luck in 2012.

I don't know, Denver might be right there with them. I think Elway might just tank it to get Luck too. The AFC West is getting better now, except for the Broncs and John Fox isn't going to turn it around in 1 year like he did in Carolina.

Kemo Von Olhoffen(spelling is bad I know)

Ohh man, a steeler LOL

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

Carson Palmer's first playoff game ended on his first pass. Now, the Cincinnati Bengals are concerned about his long-term future. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee when Pittsburgh's Kimo von Oelhoffen hit him a moment after he threw his first pass Sunday in a 31-17 playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Thanks dude

I just saw it in youtube because you info, and yup! That was a very cheap shot ... damn!!

Actually he never had the Tommy John surgery on his elbow, he elected to rest it. Many think he should have had the surgery as he does seem to have lost some arm strength. He also had shoulder problems last year but I can't recall if it was his throwing shoulder.

He was a heck of a pocket passer and an upper echelon QB for a couple of years, he is still a starting NFL QB in a system which does not require the QB to move much but he is middle of the pack at best now.

I'm surprised more quarterbacks haven't had to have Tommy John. I mean, they don't throw as much as pitchers do, but still.

I honestly don't think it could get much worse with Haynesworth on this team.

No doubt, but adding those two don't make it better either.

The point here is to get better, not stay the same.

If the CBA takes past the draft, I would honestly trade McNabb for Palmer. Because we will not be able to trade players for picks. That would be ours and Cincy's best option for fixing both problems.

Archived