Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Haynesworth wants to play in Philly

Truant

I don't care where he goes insofar as it's the best deal out there.

---------- Post added January-21st-2011 at 08:07 AM ----------

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be pretty damn awesome to have his lardass in Philly if/when we turn the corner and start kicking ass in the division. I think everyone here would agree that they'd love to see some of our OL lay him out (and yeah, I know, our OL sucks)

Me too. I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about seeing again. Who cares?

That would be terrible, when he wants to play he is a beast and he would love to destroy us twice a year. Can you imagine a pissed off and motivated AH lining up against Rabach, we would need to re-sign B-Mitch to play QB because the rest of them would be dead.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41182977/ns/sports-player_news/

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Albert Haynesworth is willing to take less money to play for new Eagles DL coach Jim Washburn again.

Haynesworth had his best seasons under Washburn in Tennessee, and the Eagles are expected to make finding a playmaking defensive lineman an offseason priority. A healthy, motivated Haynesworth would make RE Trent Cole that much more dangerous. This all assumes that Haynesworth is released rather than traded. The Skins will try to get something for him first.

As the second poster wrote, We would be an idiot to send him to the Eagles to have to go against him 2 times a yr and possibly a play off game. However we do know his weeknesses and could exploit them. I doubt the Skins simply let AH go. Last I heard from Allen he said the team would like to have both McNabb and AH back next yr. Now I think everyone knows thats GM talk there to cover our bases in case there is no deal done which tells me if the team can't find a willing partner to trade with then they will be on the team next yr. I know I'm probably "reaching" a conclusion about what was said but I also think people are "reaching" a conclusion that if the team doesn't locate a trade partner they will simply cut both players.

I think the Skins would rather find a way to use AH even if it's one play every series vs. cutting him and losing out on the money and basically admitting defeat and letting AH go where ever he wants to making more money on top of what the team still would owe him. Personally I'd rather AH be misserable sitting at home or on the bench suited up not playing vs. simply cutting him. He makes any negative remarks about being on the bench suspend him 3 games each time.

EDIT: I'd see what the Lions would offer or Raiders.

Albert can buy out his contract. He can be a FA at his own discretion, it was written in. If he does that, he could sign with the Eagles.

Redskins GM Bruce Allen renegotiated deals with Albert Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall to take advantage of the lack of a salary cap this year. If Haynesworth decides he's unhappy with his role in the Redskins' new 3-4 defense and he can come to an agreement in principle with a new team that would guarantee him the $16.8 million he'd have to pay back to the Redskins, then in theory 2010 could be Haynesworth's last year in Washington. Similarly, DeAngelo Hall had a $15 million option bonus in his contract 2009 contract and If Hall were to payback his signing bonus in exchange for unrestricted free agency, then he will have earned $13 million over two years of his 2009 contract.

link

No sure if any team is willing to give him a fat signing bonus, after he already cashed in and showed how unmotivated and unproductive he was this past year.

Of course he will play for less, he's already hit the jackpot. I would love to see him rot on the bench just out of spite.

Yeah, keep Albert. Let him ride the pine (third string). Play him real hard in practice, but don't let him even sniff the field on Sunday's. Then He will be a changed man, beg for forgiveness and who knows, and maybe he will give some money back or maybe even buy out his contract, like LaVar Arrington ended up doing.

Not to derail the thread, but what has Kolby Hoying done that has given any of you guys an indication that he'll be any good? Every time I've seen him play he's looked anywhere from awful to average. I don't get the infatuation.

I'm still in the minority here I guess, but I'd rather keep Albert and make him play. We've already paid him the big part of the contract, we should force him to play.

Not to derail the thread, but what has Kolby Hoying done that has given any of you guys an indication that he'll be any good? Every time I've seen him play he's looked anywhere from awful to average. I don't get the infatuation.

I'm still in the minority here I guess, but I'd rather keep Albert and make him play. We've already paid him the big part of the contract, we should force him to play.

I agree wit h this ... I don't get all the love for Kolb? He is average/above average at best ... and IMO is purely a system QB. maybe he's the next Joe Montana?

But I don't want any part of Kolb though ... let's get our own players and the right players for this system. I don't see how Kolb would be an upgrade over Grossman at this point, just my $.02

I agree. His competetive instincts will burn next season. He'll be playing for us. Him and Mike will go out and have a drink and talk things out.... and then they'll both laugh about it when they hoist the Lombardi next season. (Am I delusional?)

I agree. His competetive instincts will burn next season. He'll be playing for us. Him and Mike will go out and have a drink and talk things out.... and then they'll both laugh about it when they hoist the Lombardi next season. (Am I delusional?)

Delusional or not, I'll drink to that. I've been holding out the slimmest of hope that they do get it straight and AH does come back and play.

When he wants to be, he can be one of the most dominant defensive players in the game, and I'd much rather he be that here than anywhere else.

~Bang

You guys are tripping if you think Albert doesn't wanna play.

Sure he acted like a spoiled brat, didn't try with us, refused to play sometimes, gave half hearted effort... as much of a B**** as he was, he still feels we wronged him.

So, imagine him going to Philly, a team with a good offense, good coaches, a defense he wants to play in, a defensive coach he wants to play for, a shot to not only make the playoffs every year and really be a contender.. but to also help bury us twice a year? Fat AL is likely highly motivated for that. If that happens, he will murk us.

Call him whatever you want and say whatever you want... most f it I agree with, but don't act like the dude isn't a talent and doesn't "want to play" somewhere else. He will faceroll us if he goes to Philly.. so if that trade happens... we better get a lot for it.

Delusional or not, I'll drink to that. I've been holding out the slimmest of hope that they do get it straight and AH does come back and play.

When he wants to be, he can be one of the most dominant defensive players in the game, and I'd much rather he be that here than anywhere else.

~Bang

Damn Bang, the fan in me really wants to believe and agree with you, but the realist in me says no chance. I used to think he could be dominant, but he does not have the heart IMO. Maybe you are right, but the idea of another season of AH distraction is one that I can do without.

Hail

~Bang

Totally agree. Despite all the hate, I think the best possible outcome with him is still a Neville Chamberlain type intervention. If we gotta trade him, I hope the marketing material includes an endless loop of him spiking Cutler with that guard.

Haynesworth is a chump. He's a punk. He never "wanted to play." He wanted "to get paid." Now that he has money, he'll never be the same player he was. Ever. Even if he finds something new to motivate him, he'll never get into dominant shape. He thinks he wants to play, hell I believe he thinks he does want to play, but I also know that true championship effort isn't in this guy's genetic makeup. He's a freak but on his own terms, which makes him not a freak at all but just a giant man ***** who went all hulkamania for two years to cash a check. I doubt he does anything of substance in this league ever again, he's just not mentally tough enough to do **** he doesn't like. Most of us do that stuff merely to satisfy our pride, without promise of a massive payday.

Archived