Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tom Jackson insists he picked Pats because it'd inspire the Jets to win.

JeffSchmeff

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tom-Jackson-insists-he-picked-Pats-because-it-d-?urn=nfl-309643

Sure you did buddy. Tom Jackson is such an asshat.

"[sunday] I played a bit of a psychological game with the Jets. It's something that I need to explain. I thought that more important to the Jets than hearing another score of '24-21, they have a chance to win,' was that it was important that they have in their mind, 'you got beat 45 to 3. A large segment of the population believes that can happen to you again.'

"[The Jets] are all watching [ESPN Sunday 'NFL Countdown' before the game]. I wanted to further fuel and cement them in that bunker mentality of us against the world. [...]

"As a defensive player, I certainly knew that they had a chance to win and I thought that they certainly might win the game. But I knew when they saw 30-10 that I think they would be reminded of what most people were feeling. And I knew they needed to be a little angrier going on the field."

What a chicken **** pansy. I'd respect him a lot more if he just came out and said "Yeah, I picked the Patriots. Yeah, I was wrong. The Jets made me look dumb. Props." Typical ESPN mediot.

I never heard someone in the media take this approach seriously. Usually it's a joke, so I think this is atypical.

"[The Jets] are all watching [ESPN Sunday 'NFL Countdown' before the game]. I wanted to further fuel and cement them in that bunker mentality of us against the world. [...]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't flatter yourself Tom, nobody was watching you from the JETS before a game.

Archived