Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm suing: Shopper who fell in mall fountain while walking and texting hits out against laughing security guards

Henry

Which QB do you take with the #10 overall?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you take with the #10 overall?

• Blaine Gabbert
    • Jake Locker
    • Ryan Mallett
    • Cam Newton
    • Other QB not considered 1st rounder at this time (please specify)

Apparently she has a pretty good rap sheet of credit card fraud and theft.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=280672

OOPS. Seriously how idiotic can people be???

Awesome. A quality person this woman is. Running a stop sign, causing a multi-car accident and then driving off...because that's the logical and right thing to do. Could happen to anyone. Amazing she got 1 year probation for that.

And of course using a friends credit card to ring up 5k+ charges. I wonder why part of the charges were dismissed. I suppose that can be chalked up to stupidy on the friends part for loaning the card to her in the first place.

Should have kept her lying pie hole shut, and remained anonymous. Now everyone knows what an idiot she is.

Man, if you wanna talk about the lack of personal responsibility, look at her description of the event:

"Suddenly I saw the water coming at me..."

No you idiot. You fell, YOU came to the water, which was on the ground in a fountain. The ground did not reach up and grab you in order to get you wet. LMAO what a perfect insight into this person 's mentality.

Why can't people just laugh at themselves and move on?

Who cares? If it was me, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody set my PC's background to a still-frame picture of me falling into the fountain. And I really wouldn't care that much.

Life...serious business.

Pretty interesting that almost directly after her interview on GMA she was whisked to Pennsylvania for a hearing on identity fraud where she admittedly stole a co-workers credit card and bought over 5,000 bucks worth of jewlery. Shines a bad light on GMA that they admit they didn't know any of this prior to interviewing her (not that it was necessarily germain... although it could be), but it does indicate a producer got a little lazy. Good for GMA though to publicly admit that they didn't know and tried to ask a follow-up or two to clarify with her lawyers.

So the dumbass that walked into a fountain while texting is also a thief who is out of jail on bail right now. Shocker.

According to court documents, Marrero has convictions for retail theft four times and one other theft in New York from 1997 to 1999 and retail theft in York County in 1999. Marrero is likely facing about six months of house arrest and electronic monitoring.

Shakedowns? Happens quite frequently doesn't it?? Help me out here.

No.

First off, imagine someone tried to "shake you down" through false litigation. What would you do? You would refuse to pay it. Now, imagine you are a big company that has enough money to defend - rightfully so - from malicious prosecution. Do you think they just cave? No, they too would rather have the satisfaction of making someone look like a malicious person.

Its also expensive to litigate a case, as it is. So, a person who wants to pursue a case needs to have money or really a good case with significant damages for it to be worth his time and economical to the plaintiff.

So, no, it doesn't happen frequently.

(See my sig also :) )

First off, imagine someone tried to "shake you down" through false litigation. What would you do? You would refuse to pay it. Now, imagine you are a big company that has enough money to defend - rightfully so - from malicious prosecution. Do you think they just cave? No, they too would rather have the satisfaction of making someone look like a malicious person.

I'm a lawyer for a big company and I absolutely love it when someone tries to shakedown my employer. I usually have to play nice with officers at my company and at companies we do business with. So, when some **** tries to shakedown my employer (probably thinking, "they're so big, they'll just pay to make me go away"), I go Ari Gold on their ass. Two days ago, someone called me to see if they could reach a settlement about a BS claim. I said that I rejected their offer on principle, to which the attorney replied, "what do you think is a fair settlement offer?" I said, "How about $0?" He wasn't happy, but I certainly had a ****-eating grin on my face.

That said, TSF, I think a lot of companies do shell out a few bucks here and there to make frivolous claims go away. They don't want to hire outside counsel (who will probably bill them at $250-$600 bucks per hour); they'd rather just pay $1,000 bucks to put it behind them.

I'm a lawyer for a big company and I absolutely love it when someone tries to shakedown my employer. I usually have to play nice with officers at my company and at companies we do business with. So, when some **** tries to shakedown my employer (probably thinking, "they're so big, they'll just pay to make me go away"), I go Ari Gold on their ass. Two days ago, someone called me to see if they could reach a settlement about a BS claim. I said that I rejected their offer on principle, to which the attorney replied, "what do you think is a fair settlement offer?" I said, "How about $0?" He wasn't happy, but I certainly had a ****-eating grin on my face.

That said, TSF, I think a lot of companies do shell out a few bucks here and there to make frivolous claims go away. They don't want to hire outside counsel (who will probably bill them at $250-$600 bucks per hour); they'd rather just pay $1,000 bucks to put it behind them.

Well, I am sure the first part is the norm, and should be if the case is actually frivolous.

The second part is again where you get to the inability to get a lawyer. No lawyer can take a case worth $1000 bucks. I'd be in the red on any possible payment once I write the complaint.

Well, I am sure the first part is the norm, and should be if the case is actually frivolous.

The second part is again where you get to the inability to get a lawyer. No lawyer can take a case worth $1000 bucks. I'd be in the red on any possible payment once I write the complaint.

In my experience, most of the frivolous litigation I see is brought by pro pers, or by people represented by family members who happen to be attorneys (and have nothing else to do). Real attorneys don't take such cases, because they don't pay the bills.

Man, if you wanna talk about the lack of personal responsibility, look at her description of the event:

"Suddenly I saw the water coming at me..."

No you idiot. You fell, YOU came to the water, which was on the ground in a fountain. The ground did not reach up and grab you in order to get you wet. LMAO what a perfect insight into this person 's mentality.

:ols:

Beeee-yootiful.

You can't make up comedy this good.

~Bang

I agree with the people saying she shouldnt have said anything. People get embarrassed on youtube every single day, a month or so later you are forgotten. Plus you couldnt even see her face or anything it was so far away.

She is an idiot, but the video proves that already

Archived