Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Aaron Rodgers Explains Autograph Snub of Cancer Patient

Boss_Hogg

Aaron Rodgers explains autograph snub of cancer patient

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers defended himself amid a torrent of criticism that he spurned an autograph-seeking cancer patient at an airport last week.A Green Bay TV station revealed video on Friday of Rodgers walking past Jan Cavanaugh, a cancer-stricken Packers fan who had told the TV station she wanted Rodgers to sign a hat.

Click here to continue reading.

g0Yk1DfyR5s

Much ado about nothing.

Read his response and her response. It wasn't intentional and she wasn't upset. (she's gotten stuff signed by him in the past)

In the video, it doesn't even look like he's paying attention (headphones and looks like he's looking at whoever is walking with him)

We complain about the media for their anti-Redskin coverage, but what the ****....

"Cavanaugh told WBAY-TV that she was not upset and revealed a shirt that she said Rodgers signed for her the previous week. She said she was dismayed by the attention the latest incident had drawn."

Action News of Green Bay better issue a huge apology to everyone, or I hope the Packers boycott that station.

The media will find a reason to hate anyone. Rodgers is a quality guy, high character.

---------- Post added January-19th-2011 at 02:13 PM ----------

We complain about the media for their anti-Redskin coverage, but what the ****....

"Cavanaugh told WBAY-TV that she was not upset and revealed a shirt that she said Rodgers signed for her the previous week. She said she was dismayed by the attention the latest incident had drawn."

Action News of Green Bay better issue a huge apology to everyone, or I hope the Packers boycott that station.

I'm pretty sure the reporter has issued an apology already, or he's about to anyway.

With the way some people are covering this, you'd think Rodgers hates cancer patients. He's actually been extremely active in the community and this article is a really good read:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14567073/twosecond-video-clip-doesnt-at-all-capture-rodgers

I think it's just more likely that he wasn't paying attention. He had headphones in and wasn't even looking in her direction. The only thing that should come of this is maybe drop his awareness a point or two in the next Madden game. ;)

Clay matthews is becoming one of my favorite players in the league. He seems like such a down to earth guy. really humble.

As far as Rodgers, i'm sure he wasn't even really paying attention. he's got hands reaching out to him to sign something everywhere he goes. I'm sure if somebody would've gotten his attention and said "Hey, Aaron. This breast cancer lady came straight here after her chemo treatment to get your autograph," he would've stopped and gladly signed.

god damn it, why are we posting this after the story has been thoroughly debunked? Florio was blasted for the article when the facts came out and he has since retracted it.

Rodgers signed a jersey for her the previous week, and other things before that.

the facts: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/mike-florio-attacks-aaron-rodgers?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CheeseheadTv+%28Cheesehead+TV%29

The retraction: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/an-apology-to-aaron-rodgers-packers-fans-and-jan-cavanaugh

Can we be done with this topic now and stop spreading a smear campaign?

god damn it, why are we posting this after the story has been thoroughly debunked? Florio was blasted for the article when the facts came out and he has since retracted it.

Rodgers signed a jersey for her the previous week, and other things before that.

the facts: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/mike-florio-attacks-aaron-rodgers?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CheeseheadTv+%28Cheesehead+TV%29

The retraction: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/18/an-apology-to-aaron-rodgers-packers-fans-and-jan-cavanaugh

Calm down Poke... we all love Rodgers, can't you see ;)

RELAX, the article I posted explains the situation from #12.

I could've posted this drivel

Boss Hogg- can you format your thread title appropriately please? thanks

Agreed, I stirred up too much negativity with my title, that wasn't my intention.

RELAX, the article I posted explains the situation from #12.

I could've posted this drivel

Agreed, I stirred up too much negativity with my title, that wasn't my intention.

I honestly did not read the article (I already read Florio's original). I saw the thread title which gave a negative first view and my post was a wee bit reactionary. I just hate seeing the media slaughter someone's character on a whim.

I honestly did not read the article (I already read Florio's original). I saw the thread title which gave a negative first view and my post was a wee bit reactionary. I just hate seeing the media slaughter someone's character on a whim.

My bad Packer,

Hope you all win this weekend! :cheers:

hmm, maybe he didnt see all the media attention surrounding her.. im sure that athletes walk through the airport with tunnel vision and are focused as they are walking through but clay matthews said the stewardess mentioned her. maybe clay was trying to join the mile high club and she blurted that out...who knows...

hmm, maybe he didnt see all the media attention surrounding her.. im sure that athletes walk through the airport with tunnel vision and are focused as they are walking through but clay matthews said the stewardess mentioned her. maybe clay was trying to join the mile high club and she blurted that out...who knows...

<insert Sack related pun>

Archived