Sign in to follow this  
jpyaks3

Tunisian Revolution and the Middle East

Recommended Posts

India's army is the world's second largest?  Not Russia or China?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 9:02 PM, Larry said:

India's army is the world's second largest?  Not Russia or China?  


1. China - 2,035,000

2. india - 1,444,500

3. United States of America’s - 1,359,450

4. North Korea - 1,280,000

5. Russia - 900,000

 

i looked at several sites and they all have these same rankings, although some numbers may be slightly off, but I think that’s due to the different dates that the data was collected

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 10:50 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:


1. China - 2,035,000

2. india - 1,444,500

3. United States of America’s - 1,359,450

4. North Korea - 1,280,000

5. Russia - 900,000

 

i looked at several sites and they all have these same rankings, although some numbers may be slightly off, but I think that’s due to the different dates that the data was collected

 

The size number makes sense, but damn, we are right behind a country with a total population three times ours.  Makes you wonder what it would look like if a country of that size had a military budget like ours.

Edited by Renegade7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

 

The size number makes sense, but damn, we are right behind a country with a total population three times ours.  Makes you wonder what it would look like if a country of that size had a military budget like ours.

 

This is according to https://www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance/2020/02/global-defence-spending. This was posted on 2/14.

 

India has a little more than 4x our population. If they put in the money that we do, they'd be scary. What I've been reading is that China has been closing the gap between their spending and ours. It's been going on for several years now. Defensive spending throughout the world is supposed to increase by 3-4% this year

 

image.png.cdbbebaf9a3cb53d6c750a4a3ff9bc21.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.