Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tunisian Revolution and the Middle East--And Now, The Withdrawal From Afghanistan (M.E.T.)

jpyaks3

On 2/17/2020 at 9:02 PM, Larry said:

India's army is the world's second largest?  Not Russia or China?  

1. China - 2,035,000

2. india - 1,444,500

3. United States of America’s - 1,359,450

4. North Korea - 1,280,000

5. Russia - 900,000

i looked at several sites and they all have these same rankings, although some numbers may be slightly off, but I think that’s due to the different dates that the data was collected

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 10:50 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

1. China - 2,035,000

2. india - 1,444,500

3. United States of America’s - 1,359,450

4. North Korea - 1,280,000

5. Russia - 900,000

i looked at several sites and they all have these same rankings, although some numbers may be slightly off, but I think that’s due to the different dates that the data was collected

The size number makes sense, but damn, we are right behind a country with a total population three times ours.  Makes you wonder what it would look like if a country of that size had a military budget like ours.

Edited by Renegade7

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The size number makes sense, but damn, we are right behind a country with a total population three times ours.  Makes you wonder what it would look like if a country of that size had a military budget like ours.

This is according to https://www.iiss.org/blogs/military-balance/2020/02/global-defence-spending. This was posted on 2/14.

India has a little more than 4x our population. If they put in the money that we do, they'd be scary. What I've been reading is that China has been closing the gap between their spending and ours. It's been going on for several years now. Defensive spending throughout the world is supposed to increase by 3-4% this year

image.png.cdbbebaf9a3cb53d6c750a4a3ff9bc21.png