Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins Group Hall of Fame Trip For Deion Sanders?

UltimateSkins

Perception is not always reality. You think Deion is all about Deion? Ask his Mom, he has always been a self-promoter yes, but Deion gives and gave back plenty. He is truly a nice guy and cares about helping kids. He may come off as a jerk as a player, but stop and think about it, the owners are asking for loyalty but give so little loyalty back. If you knew where Deion grew up and how hard he worked to get where he is today you would understand his merc approach. Am I all for it, no, but I understand it.

And yeah he whiffed on plenty of run plays, but when he played he was well worth watching, hate him or love love him.

I understand that. Hell, I had tickets back in 2000 and I was one of the few fans who gave him polite applause (he was a Redskin afterall). Most of the stadium booed him and it was pretty much right from the start before he played a down (1st preseason game).

What I meant is that Deion's merc career has left him without any real attachment to a fanbase.

Now I for one if I were at the ceremony, supporting Hanburger, I would not boo Deion. I would give him polite applause out of respect to his obvious talent and his deserving place in the HOF. But there would be no "love" with that applause and I suspect that would be the case with most everyone else there who would be there to support some other player. I mean, I could be a jerk and try and start a "Marty Marty Marty" chant.:evilg:

It may not be a big thing, but I do find it sad that a great player like Deion will not have any real support at his induction.

The only thing funnier than the OP is the fact that some folks actually thought he was serious.

Man, you never know. People are very strange; and Redskins fans are very diverse in every way imaginable.

I think the picture I posted describes my feeling about the thread perfectly. You'd THINK this would be sarcastic, but you really never know. If he is, then this thread is absolutely brilliant.

Man, you never know. People are very strange; and Redskins fans are very diverse in every way imaginable.

I think the picture I posted describes my feeling about the thread perfectly. You'd THINK this would be sarcastic, but you really never know. If he is, then this thread is absolutely brilliant.

I think there were a couple of dead giveaways in the post. For example:

I know there have been organized trips in the past for lesser stars such as Art Monk and Darrell Green so I'd think one for Deion would make just as much sense.

and

How awesome would it be if both Deion Sanders and Chris Hamburger get into the hall this year?

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny. :)

I drove up for Bruce Smith's induction last year. I even have an authentic 70th anniversary jersey. Why shouldn't we support Deion. He is a Skins alum. I could easily see him attending next years homecoming event I read he and Darnarian Mccants are best friends.

I got the joke and this time of year we probably needed it. But the thread reminds me every time I see him on the NFL Network of how little he did when he played for us. Now he is taking money from the NFL Network by not being a very good football analyst. I guess he fooled our owner and the NFL Network.

I got the joke and this time of year we probably needed it. But the thread reminds me every time I see him on the NFL Network of how little he did when he played for us. Now he is taking money from the NFL Network by not being a very good football analyst. I guess he fooled our owner and the NFL Network.

In Deion's defense, is there anybody good on NFL network?

It may not be a big thing, but I do find it sad that a great player like Deion will not have any real support at his induction.

If i was a dallas fan, id cheer and love Sanders. Not like the triplets but id still have love for the dude. he came over from a rival, had like 5 straight probowl years, won a super etc. he was given the most money for a defensive player at the time and lived up to it. Think of how much we hate him.

Its really up to the fans, but i foresee heavy cheers from the dallas faithful

Archived