Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2011 Mock Draft Thread 3.0 W/ Trades

skinzwiz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Trade the #10 pick to CHI for Cutler and the Bears for their 1st round pick (#29 pick). Take the best available OL or trade back into the 2nd round.

In before "LOL Cutler (insert slander here). :rolleyes:

62.3% comp 4,526 and 26 TD's in his last season in Denver playing in this very same system (no rushing game as the skins have now). With his knowledge of the system pared with an improved OL and a younger RB, that could be the start of the offensive rebuilding.

This solves the QB problem long term for the Skins and allows the Bears to draft their franchise QB (as well as Martz's pick) and have the memory of this years playoffs removed from the fans minds in Chicago.

This also would be a good deal for Chi to drop $23m for a QB that the fans (righty or wrongly) will never back.

Trade the #10 pick to CHI for Cutler and the Bears for their 1st round pick (#29 pick). Take the best available OL or trade back into the 2nd round.

In before "LOL Cutler (insert slander here). :rolleyes:

62.3% comp 4,526 and 26 TD's in his last season in Denver playing in this very same system (no rushing game as the skins have now). With his knowledge of the system pared with an improved OL and a younger RB, that could be the start of the offensive rebuilding.

This solves the QB problem long term for the Skins and allows the Bears to draft their franchise QB (as well as Martz's pick) and have the memory of this years playoffs removed from the fans minds in Chicago.

This also would be a good deal for Chi to drop $23m for a QB that the fans (righty or wrongly) will never back.

I just don't think you're going to get Chicago to give up Cutler to only move up 19 spots in the first round.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, I just don't see it happening.

Although there's a big part of me that wants us to find our own franchise QB, it would be exciting to watch Shanahan and Cutler together again.

You can't re-sign Rocky and Los just to turn around and trade them. No team does that. Both are FAs.

We better get more than a 4th this year and next year for McNabb and Al.

You seem to set-up your trades with a pre-set idea of what picks you want and then force players into that. You should just be looking at who is likely tradeable for good value and address each individually. Realistically we'd likely trade 3 players max, each to different teams. Best bets are McNabb, Big Al, Davis/Cooley.

I like Wisznewski in the 2nd, don't like taking back-to-back RBs in the 5th. We have a good group already. Would like to see DL or LBers taken there instead. I'd also base a mock off of no early trades because that's difficult to guess, and predict who we'll get at 10. Locker, Von Miller, Julio Jones, Quinn are likely candidates.

You can't re-sign Rocky and Los just to turn around and trade them. No team does that. Both are FAs.

We better get more than a 4th this year and next year for McNabb and Al.

You seem to set-up your trades with a pre-set idea of what picks you want and then force players into that. You should just be looking at who is likely tradeable for good value and address each individually. Realistically we'd likely trade 3 players max, each to different teams. Best bets are McNabb, Big Al, Davis/Cooley.

I like Wisznewski in the 2nd, don't like taking back-to-back RBs in the 5th. We have a good group already. Would like to see DL or LBers taken there instead. I'd also base a mock off of no early trades because that's difficult to guess, and predict who we'll get at 10. Locker, Von Miller, Julio Jones, Quinn are likely candidates.

I know teams in the NFL do not usually resign players and turn around and trade them. I know this is often done in the NBA and it would be nice to for the redskins to be able to get some sort of compensation for them. I see what you are saying though.

I do not like our current RB core. I think Portis is soon to be gone and Torrain is injury prone. Keiland Williams is not a good running back. The backfield needs the the speed and versatility that Lewis and Locke can provide.

If the skins do not like the QBs in this draft and a stud prospect like Bowers of Green isn't available (which is likely), how would you feel if the skins traded the first pick for the Panthers or Bills 2011 2nd rounder and 2012 first next year?

I know teams in the NFL do not usually resign players and turn around and trade them. I know this is often done in the NBA and it would be nice to for the redskins to be able to get some sort of compensation for them. I see what you are saying though.

I do not like our current RB core. I think Portis is soon to be gone and Torrain is injury prone. Keiland Williams is not a good running back. The backfield needs the the speed and versatility that Lewis and Locke can provide.

If the skins do not like the QBs in this draft and a stud prospect like Bowers of Green isn't available (which is likely), how would you feel if the skins traded the first pick for the Panthers or Bills 2011 2nd rounder and 2012 first next year?

Yes, signing and trading is commonplace in the NBA. However in the NBA salaries are guaranteed, while the only thing that is guaranteed in the NFL in most place are the signing bonuses. To be able to trade Los & McIntosh we will have to sign them and give them a signing bonus. THAT WON'T HAPPEN.

Since you've enjoyed bringing up sooo many trade possibilities and I know a lot of people on here love to bring up the trade scenarios as well...my question is do any of you know the values for draft picks during the draft? Because some of the ideas floated around here in the past have been a little out there. Not sure if the chart will change and by how much after a new CBA is accomplished :fingersx: and the rookie salary cap takes affect...but my guess is even though it's been tweaked over the years it should stay roughly the same. Therefore to help all those wannabe GM's out there here is one I found on Drafttek.

Had to cut off round 7 because it was too big a file, just over 100kb. Not much change though in value from 15.2 for the first pick in round 7 to 3.0 for the last pick in that round.

http://www.drafttek.com/tradechart.html

I dont understand your trades at all .

Firstly Davis is not interchangeable with Cooley - He had a fantastic chance to step up this season and prove his work ethics and determination (new coaches, excellent second half of the 2009 season, starter coming off a huge injury) and yet sleepy Davis did nothing this season - in fact he stepped back . Cooley is worth more than a 3rd round pick would be to this team - He is a solid dependable TE (despite the Jacksonvile game), decent blocker and doesn't go down in a stiff breeze and has a nose for those key third down plays -

You then try and make multiple player trades for picks that seldom happen in Football - The 49ers I doubt would be in the market for Haynesworth or McNabb - Most likley McNabb heads to Miami/Arizona/Minn over the 9ers . Look for Haynesworth to the Lions or Eagles *unlikely* 0 I think you could probably get a couple of 4ths at least .

Then there is the McIntosh, Rogers and Portis trades to the Saints or someone for a 2nd - 3 players for 1 is not going to help this team and is not going to happen when 2 of those players are FAs this season .

But crazy trades out of the way - looking at your mock we end up trading down in the first for nothing - then take a WR/KR/PR - Ermm we don't have a QB (other than Grossman) and looking at the roster - If Moss comes back we have an nice mix of players - with youth - Sure it needs that one young playmaker but I would be looking for a top talent to drop to 10 than trade back for no reason and then reach for Torrey Smith - A speed guy who looks an awful lot like Heyward-Bey, questionable hands and questionable transition into the pros . Why not (given you get nothing in return to trade down) wait at 10 and see if Green or Jones drops if you really want to burn the 1st on a WR .

Then you take Stefen Wisniewski - I think he would be of value in the 2nd but I think he is not going to be there . Also I do wonder about his strength and ability to take on NTs at the point of attack . Also after Stefen Wisniewski there is no one worth burning a second round pick (assuming Stefen Wisniewski is the 2nd C off the board)

Then Drake Nevis and Marvin Austin - I don't mind taking back to back picks on the DL, just not those 2 and not for what you give up (Cooley) . Austin is a MASSIVE personality risk . He is a great prospect but only if he plays - and that is questionable . IF you want a headache at DT then keep Haynesworth . As for Nevis - My concern is his size - He is very small for a 3-4 DL and would be nothing more than a rotational player - Better suited for a 4-3 in the pros . Phil Taylor would be a much better fit if he can keep his weight in check

Kevin Sheppard - Is okay but really doesnt pop off the page. If Chris Marve is there (which he might be given he is comming off injury) he would be a better choice

then the RBs - Lewis is fine where you have him but the massive knock on him is his size - 5-8 . Still a solid pick . But given the holes on the team reaching in the next round for Locke is a mistake .

Then Tyrod Taylor - Seriously a 6-1 limited back up ? Seriously? - I think you would be looking at Mi6 guy Colin Kaepernickor simply not picking in this slot if you want to waste a draft pick . I know the later rounds are even more of a crap shoot than anywhere else but this is a mock you could try picking up somone who could actually help the team .

At FS another position of need a potential late round steel would be Brian Lainhart (Kent state) , I think I would flip the FS with the Locke pick because there is more potential for a decent player there than in the 7th .

Then - no - I don't want to burn a pick on a kicker - not now not ever . Address the kicker in FA .

The Cooley trade is flat stupid. Trading a proven pro bowl player with better than a 90% chance of being a productive part of the team for the next 5 years for a player with a better chance to be with his 3rd team 5 years from now is moronic. If we trade Cooley, which would be foolish IMO, it would only make sense to do it for another proven player at a position of need. Such as Cooley for an above average OG or a DE.

But I think the 'Skins need to try and get back into the 3rd and 4th rounds...How?

Trade bait: McNABB, Cooley, McIntosh, Haynesworth, SMoss, CRogers, CPortis, ACarter, KMoore...

Surely a combination of those plus some late picks or 2012 picks can get the Redskins back into the 3rd and 4th rounds...

Then: Draft OL (RT, RG, C), QB, WR, ILB, OLB, RB

Well, since this is the mock draft thread, I will throw a mock out there, the first mock includes possible trades. The second mock is our basic draft with just our current picks included.

1st - QB Blaine Gabbert - I envision him being a franchise QB

2nd - NT Phil Taylor - fast Riser may not be available. Prototypical NT, will be a stalwart in this Defense.

3rd - DT/DE Jarvis Jenkins - Though he may have played himself out of the third with his senior bowl showing this week. Has the speed to play end. Devastating first step.

4th - OG John Moffitt - Comes from that OL factory in Wisconsin.

5th - OG Zach Hurd - Has the agility to preform well in a ZBS

5th - RB Derrick Locke / Roy Helu Jr. - COP back that put on quite a show in Senior Bowl practices.

6th - WR Greg Little

7th - OLB Quentin Davie

7th - WR Armon Binns

Thie above mock uses the common assumption that a third and fourth will come in return for McNabb and Haynesworth.

1st - LB Robert Quinn

2nd - NT Phil Taylor

5th - QB Greg McElroy

5th - OG Zach Hurd

6th - WR Greg Little

7th - RB Vai Taua

7th - WR Armon Binns

I feel like this realistiically addresses a number of our needs, I realize some of these predicted rounds may change after senior bowl and east - west shrine game performances.

lol no disrespect skins wiz b/c i would never put that much time into doing a mock draft. But i hope that u r totally wrong that was a horrible draft i like the trades except cooley some decent choices like austin and supa coop from da U! but overall i do not agree no hard feelings just saying!

Well' date=' since this is the mock draft thread, I will throw a mock out there:

[b']1st - QB Blaine Gabbert[/b] - I envision him being a franchise QB

2nd - NT Phil Taylor - fast Riser may not be available. Prototypical NT, will be a stalwart in this Defense.

3rd - DT/DE Jarvis Jenkins - Though he may have played himself out of the third with his senior bowl showing this week. Has the speed to play end. Devastating first step.

4th - OG John Moffitt - Comes from that OL factory in Wisconsin.

5th - OG Zach Hurd - Has the agility to preform well in a ZBS

5th - RB Derrick Locke / Roy Helu Jr. - COP back that put on quite a show in Senior Bowl practices.

6th - WR Greg Little

7th - OLB Quentin Davie

7th - WR Armon Binns

This mock uses the common assumption that a third and fourth will come in return for McNabb and Haynesworth.

I feel like this realistiically addresses a number of our needs, I realize some of these predicted rounds may change after senior bowl and east - west shrine game performances.

Addressing the OL and DL in the DRAFT?!?!!? What is this ?? Are you crazy?

Archived