Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter Tweet - If Childress Miami's OC, Dolphins could make play for McNabb

SkinsNatsFan

Funny, once Childress was fired I immediately felt there was one less trade possibility for McNabb. For some reason, I never though about the next step of Childress becoming an Offensive Coordinator somewhere else.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

If -- and it's a big if -- but if Brad Childress winds up as Miami's OC, don't be surprised if Dolphins make a play for Donovan McNabb.

Alot of these subpar coaches will be GREAT coordinators (like they always were) for lucky teams. Josh McDaniels will soon be the OC for St. Louis and that offense is going to look beautiful with Bradford for the next decade. Childress is a great coordinator and dolphins offense will look scary with him calling plays. Unfortunately, ROb Ryan is going to be the next DC for Dallas....smh. We need to stack this squad up to go against those guys.

As for the OP, alot of teams will make a run for McNabb. With all of the need for QB, McNabb is a hot commodity on the market and I think we can get a 3rd rounder for him at the highest.

I would think that wherever Childress ends up (if its as a OC somewhere), then McNabb will be a possibility, unless its St. Louis.

I agree and that's why I'm hoping McDaniels's interview in St. Louis goes well and becomes their OC and Childress goes to Miami.

Would be a very good pick with the Dolphins currently picking #79 in the 3rd. We could get such players as Kris O'Dowd, C, USC, Will Hill, S, Florida, Orlando Franklin, G, Miami or Sione Fua, NT, Stanford just to mention a few names.

Would be a very good pick with the Dolphins currently picking #79 in the 3rd. We could get such players as Kris O'Dowd, C, USC, Will Hill, S, Florida, Orlando Franklin, G, Miami or Sione Fua, NT, Stanford just to mention a few names.

My worry is that we'll try to trade McNabb (and Haynesworth) for a player instead of a pick.

Why is that a concern of yours?

Though I would prefer a pick, I'd have no problem with receiving a player/players...as long as they're the right ones.

Well, I'd start with the general age problem with players, then its that there is normally a reason the team wants to get rid of them, then add to it that most veterans were brought up in one system with one terminology and bringing them in here means they've got to unlearn what they currently know to learn our system. I'd rather just start with a rookie and a clean slate where we can paint it with our system without having to erase some old coordinator's fingerprints.

Well, I'd start with the general age problem with players, then its that there is normally a reason the team wants to get rid of them, then add to it that most veterans were brought up in one system with one terminology and bringing them in here means they've got to unlearn what they currently know to learn our system. I'd rather just start with a rookie and a clean slate where we can paint it with our system without having to erase some old coordinator's fingerprints.

I understand where you're coming from.

What players do you want on Dolphins, because we can't trade for any picks yet...well can you trade for 2012 picks???

Yes you can trade for futures....we got 2 4th rounders for JC last year. I would love to package McNabb/Haynesworth/Cooley and Dockery to the Panthers for a swap of this years 4th rounders and their 2012 1st round pick. This will fill voids and they still keep all their top picks this year. McNabb to tutor Claussen, they need a TE, they need a dominant DT and a road grader OG. They could pick Fairley OR Bowers to put next to AH.

Theres always 2 sides to a coin. You can start fresh w/ a rookie but if dont have the right work ethic, he will bust out. Rookies have so much training predraft these days that they are tought what to say to impress (lie) any team to improve draft status. I didnt mind the trade for McNabb based on chacter and body of work, just thought that w/ the switch to a 3-4 we needed the pick more to get Terrence Cody or a LB at that spot.

Archived