Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better group of Miami players: Ravens or Redskins?

Hitman21ST

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Not even close, the Ravens have winners, we have losers.

Sorry, but the truth hurts

Except you're not talking truth. This thread is specifically about ST, CP, and Rocky vs. Reed, McGahee, and Lewis. Looking at their careers as a whole, none of those guys are losers. If you're pissed at the current team fine, but your frusration is misguided in this thread. We're talking specific players, not the overall teams.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 11:30 PM ----------

Taylor was great and all, but you guys are really not giving Reed justice. He's probably one of the best FS of all time... the guy is ridiculous. I'm not sure Taylor could have ever reached where Reed is now.

Taylor had the potential to be one of the greatest of all time as well, but most in here it seems have said Reed is a future HOFer.

Yeah I wouldn't make a winners vs losers argument on this. Football is the ultimate team sports. But the Ravens still destroy this contest. Two of their three are arguably the greatest of all time at their positions. You can't even begin to approach that discussion with the Skins players.

(And I hate having Taylor in this debate. I don't feel comfortable talking about his potential career. And that's ultimately what this comes down to.)

Yeah I wouldn't make a winners vs losers argument on this. Football is the ultimate team sports. But the Ravens still destroy this contest. Two of their three are arguably the greatest of all time at their positions. You can't even begin to approach that discussion with the Skins players.

(And I hate having Taylor in this debate. I don't feel comfortable talking about his potential career. And that's ultimately what this comes down to.)

I'm not trying to sound like an ass for saying this, but if you don't feel comfortable talking about his potential, then you really don't need to post in here. No disrespect intended.

Ravens run away with this one.

Clinton Portis is a better back than McGahee. After that the Ravens win at every position. Sean Taylor seemed to be developing into something really special. Ed Reed has already proven to be that type of player. Sean was doing a great job being a game changer in his last season here but that is just the norm for Reed. He's a HOF player.

Ray Lewis is one of the all time greats and probably the best I've been able to see. Rocky is above average. Santana Moss is a good WR but Lewis and Reed are good enough that it just doesn't compare. There are some real homers on this site to have voted for our crew.

The Ravens have been more successful than us. Ray Lewis is likely a HOFer. Reed may be too, and ST was on pace for an amazing career.

I'd have to give the edge to Baltimore though.

Ray Lewis is a first ballot Hall of Famer, and Ed Reed is definitely going in as well, maybe not first ballot, but he's going in.

Sean could have been great, but ..

Portis has had some great numbers, better than McGahee. McIntosh shouldn't even be mentioned in the company of Reed or Lewis, other than that they have the same Alma Mater.

Santana Moss has been a good Redskin. Not great, but he's certainly had his moments.

But the fact Ray Ray plays for Baltimore tilts it in their favor. He's one of the best ever at his position. That's a big trump card.

~Bang

Ravens no question. Argue all you want about Taylor, Ed Reed is insane and a future Hall of Famer and Taylor, as high as his potential was, was never better than Reed during his short career. He is the epitome of a defensive play maker and was 2004 defensive MVP. Ray Lewis - 2 defensive MVP's and a Superbowl MVP, enough said. Portis easily over McGahee but not enough.

Portis >> McGahee

McIntosh <<<<<< Lewis

Taylor < Reed

Archived