Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wore my Redskins shirt to work here in Baltimore.....I am sour grapes today.

Dub70s

Good job Dubs! :thumbsup:

I made a point of wearin' the B&G around here last week, heard from several Eagles fans in the process (and gave as good as I got) but somehow, I am not seeing a whole lotta green this week! :ols:

Because Eagles fans are *****es. Even the die hards look like they've just died, hard. Good riddance.

I keep telling these Raven's fans around here that thier time will come where they will be perennial SUCK. Alot of them don't understand, because its such a young franchise and have had success early. But, that cycle hits every franchise, even the best of them (NE, Indy, Philly, NYG, NYJ....etc). And truth be told, Ed Reed and Ray Ray won't be playing forever, so its closer than what they think.

I keep telling these Raven's fans around here that thier time will come where they will be perennial SUCK. Alot of them don't understand, because its such a young franchise and have had success early. But, that cycle hits every franchise, even the best of them (NE, Indy, Philly, NYG, NYJ....etc). And truth be told, Ed Reed and Ray Ray won't be playing forever, so its closer than what they think.

I don't know.

Their front office is incredible. I am extremely envious of that team.

Last year, I wore a redskins sweatshirt to an orioles game.

The Orioles beat the Mets handily (shocker) and some of the O's fans started to chant "let's Go Ravens!" :wtf:

So I just yelled out "Ravens suck!"

This bald fat guy with few teeth turned around and was "what!?!" It was funny, guess you all had to be there. :look:

They will scatter like ****roaches to the skins, philly, and the stealers when their time comes. Most of them are old enough to have rooted for another before they had a team.

Just start telling them how Baltimore has ***** fans and they won't be able to sustain a team if they go on a poor streak. The team would be better off moving to LA now, before the fair weather fans turn their backs on them.

The Colts made it out just in time. DC will never have that problem.

Of course none of this is factual, historically accurate, or even realistic, but if you argue it with a straight face, they'll be pissed. Besides, the Ravens probably will never leave Baltimore, but by the time it matters, you'll probably be gone, or they will, if not, just say, "Yeah, guess I was wrong, oh well." Then smile that **** eating grin.:D

EDIT: Also, you could wear purple the Friday after the Ravens lose, reminding them of what dumb ***** they were the weak before when they thought their team was going to the SB. That's always hilarious.

Ravens fans are annoying, but once you leave the Baltimore area and the constant inundation of their coverage, you'll see that they're really not bad. I grew up in Columbia, MD (twenty minutes south of Baltimore) and went to grad school a few blocks from the stadium. There are some that are a pain in the ass, but every fanbase has those. I would not put them in the same league as Cowboys, Eagles, or Raiders fans. They support their teams pretty hardcore, and fans of Baltimore teams are extremely loyal.

I mean, don't get me wrong, **** 'em all, but they have my respect as long as I don't have to talk to one of them.

Last year, I wore a redskins sweatshirt to an orioles game.

The Orioles beat the Mets handily (shocker) and some of the O's fans started to chant "let's Go Ravens!" :wtf:

So I just yelled out "Ravens suck!"

This bald fat guy with few teeth turned around and was "what!?!" It was funny, guess you all had to be there. :look:

Most Oriole fans are Ravens fans....and are as you described.

When we still lived in Maryland....whenever they had Purple Friday at my sons elementary school he would go dressed head to toe in Burgundy and Gold.

The Ravens fans disappeared in 2007 when their team went 4-12 and lost to the 0-15 Dolphins.

They are bandwagon, just give it time.

Most Oriole fans are Ravens fans....and are as you described.

When we still lived in Maryland....whenever they had Purple Friday at my sons elementary school he would go dressed head to toe in Burgundy and Gold.

I grew up with the Orioles, so I'm an O's fan too.

The Ravens fans disappeared in 2007 when their team went 4-12 and lost to the 0-15 Dolphins.

They are bandwagon, just give it time.

I grew up with the Orioles, so I'm an O's fan too.

Don't try to argue with Mooney about this, its a lost cause.

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 09:50 AM ----------

matt, we live in Ravens Central

---------- Post added January-14th-2011 at 02:44 PM ----------

I live in New town, 21117

I'm like 5 minutes from New Town, still 21117 though

And the Colt fans disappeared when the team had a downturn in the late '70's, early '80's. As the Oriole fans have the last decade plus.

Baltimore as a loyal sports town is a complete myth.

And the Colt fans disappeared when the team had a downturn in the late '70's, early '80's. As the Oriole fans have the last decade plus.

Baltimore as a loyal sports town is a complete myth.

Wasn't here in the seventies, but all teams suffer a drop in excitement when their teams are bad. Redskins fans are worse.

Baltimore fans are fiercely loyal and to say otherwise just shows that you live in southwest Ohio and don't deal with it on a current day-to-day basis.

i have so many friends on Facebook who consider themselves both Redskins fans and Ravens fans. I'm considering unfriending them all...

I wear my Redskins lanyard to work every day here in Seattle. Seems like almost once a week, somebody in the elevator will just look at me, look at my lanyard, and laugh. It hurts my feelings man. But I just eat the pain and live to fight another day. I hope I run into all these people again in 2-3 years when the Skins go deep into the post-season :)

Wasn't here in the seventies, but all teams suffer a drop in excitement when their teams are bad. Redskins fans are worse.

Baltimore fans are fiercely loyal and to say otherwise just shows that you live in southwest Ohio and don't deal with it on a current day-to-day basis.

Agree 100%. Every fan base goes through down times. I think we're experiencing that right now. Every team has its bandwagon fans that love the team when they play well and don't care about them when they're losing. Perfect example, the Nats. When was Nationals Park the most crowded? When Strarsburg pitched, when he didn't, it was pretty empty.

I will give the city of Baltimore credit for the things they do to show support. Alot of the lights in Baltimore City have been changed to purple, there are Ravens logos painted all of the sidewalks, there's Purple Friday, etc. Granted the Skins have won't much since I've been born, but I don't recall DC going all out like this for the Skins. Even the last 2 playoff appearances in 2005 and 2007, I don't think DC changed lights on buildings in the city to Burgundy and Gold.

i wore my Skins jersey to work the Tuesday after the Brunell/Moss 2 TD miracle in Dallas on Monday Night Football. The first guy to see me, just gave me an odd look, then laughed. later he came back pissed (he didnt finish watching the game the night before, thought Dallas won) after some back and forth, the boss comes out, starts to give me crap and insist i remove it. i refused to do it, its my right to wear it.

it was a hellish day to say the least, but i refused to bow down to some stupid Dallas fans just cause they couldnt stand to see my colors. :D

Archived