Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles offseason thread

dockeryfan

Why has ATN become a 3rd grade classroom? Every day the same threads get bumped, with the same tired jokes. Seriously, we get it that Westbrook doesn't post after the team loses. We get it that the Eagles lost. Why are we bumping threads like eagle091 and all these other Eagle threads? Just let them die, please.

Eagles offseason.

Positions that need upgrading. Not necessarily in order of importance.

SS - Mikell is a FA. Keep him as a backup Plus you don't know how NAte comes back

RG - Both Cole and MJG are free agents and they both are just OK. LG with Herremans is fine

RT- Justice gets benched for mental mistakes in a paloff game? No. He's had enough chances I think they need an upgrade

CB- Patterson is a FA I think, Lindley OK Hobbs FA as well. Go after ASomauguaghe?

LB - It's well documented how little I think of these LBs. They blow. Bradley may come back for peanuts which is fine, but Sims sucks. AGither is a FA let him go, Chaney I thought was OK, the bloom is off the rose for Foku in my mind.

DE- obviouslly they need someone opposite Cole. If they aren't going to upgrade CB then they better gat a DE. Guy can't take a double team for 16 games again.

OK. Let's let the old threads die already.

Every day the same threads get bumped, with the same tired jokes. Seriously, we get it that Westbrook doesn't post after the team loses. We get it that the Eagles lost. Why are we bumping threads like eagle091 and all these other Eagle threads? Just let them die, please.

I don't disagree with everything you said, and I agree that those threads have run their course this season.

But, don't think for a second you should let the eagle091 classic thread just die out. A classic thread like that needs to be brought out again next season. Not now or the off season, but when the time is right.

Predictions for 2011:

Normalcy will be restored.

The Gold Standard will use their picks from rounds 1-6 to acquire every pick of the 7th round. They will all be Pro Bowlers in three years.

Football Outsiders will rank the Eagles #1 after they beat a bad team by 20.

But seriously, the brilliance of Vick overshadowed a team that has some holes, especially in the interior line and secondary. Bradley coming back from injury (again??) should help. Regardless of their holes it should come down to Philly and the Giants in the division, possibly Dallas if their late-season success wasn't a fluke. The Skins are in disarray.

Still think that the NFCE is a step behind ATL, GB, NO, CHI, but as Seattle showed last weekend, any of the teams in the NFC are beatable. With the right moves they should be in the mix again. Letting Vick go would be a mistake despite his performance tailing off.

Does it really matter what they do? It's gonna be the same ole, same ole. Have a good draft, get a lot of hype, have a good regular season, and falter late.

Or, you could just not respond because all you provide is the same ole this and that and really provide nothing.

Unlike the OP, that started a thoughtful thread and solicited thoughtful input. You don't have to respond to threads you disagree with.

i believe Michael Vick disguised several holes on offense and defense with his usually great play this year. When you look at the roster you see some gaping holes, and also some huge contracts are coming up (Vick, DJackson). Their defense has holes from the d-line on up to DB. Samuel is consistent but is injury prone, and the LB play was some of the most inconsistent that I saw this year. I don't care about injuries b/c we all know what GB has had to put up with. I don't think they are bringing Bunkley back who is largely considered a bust. Trent Cole and Parker have disappeared in big games so they may need a play maker at DE also.

They have some work to do.

Or, you could just not respond because all you provide is the same ole this and that and really provide nothing.

Unlike the OP, that started a thoughtful thread and solicited thoughtful input. You don't have to respond to threads you disagree with.

Which is ironic because this thread is telling everyone else not to respond to threads that the thread starter disagrees with lol...

Doc a couple other issues are the the disgruntled Kolb who has asked for a trade, a poor showing from the DC and Leonard Weavers health. Weaver has been underrated and dangerous, especially with all the speed on the outside. Schmitt is not the running threat Weaver was. I didn't realize he was hurt as bad as he was:

Eagles FB Leonard Weaver (ACL, PCL surgery) confirmed on Twitter Wednesday that he intends to continue his football career.

Weaver also suffered nerve damage when he blew out his left knee in the season opener. Something to keep in mind for those who still buy NFL teams' injury updates: The Eagles initially called it a "sprain." Weaver is under contract for $2.5 million in 2011. He'll have to show progress to be retained.

Source: Leonard Weaver on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Which is ironic because this thread is telling everyone else not to respond to threads that the thread starter disagrees with lol...

This is exactly what I was thinking, "Don't post on those other threads because I don't like them, but post here, but don't disagree when you post here." lol, whatever

I posted within 5 minutes of the Eagles loss to GB.

BANIA/WESTY/VICK'S BF, have you been avoiding me? I never saw you post, I haven't heard from you in WEEKS! Where ya been? You seemed to always respond when ya'll were winning, but after all the predictions came true and you got bounced in the first round you disappeared, what's the deal man?

U-Mad-Bro-Why-u-mad-tho.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Joseph-Ducreux

Doc a couple other issues are the the disgruntled Kolb who has asked for a trade, a poor showing from the DC and Leonard Weavers health. Weaver has been underrated and dangerous, especially with all the speed on the outside. Schmitt is not the running threat Weaver was. I didn't realize he was hurt as bad as he was:

Eagles FB Leonard Weaver (ACL, PCL surgery) confirmed on Twitter Wednesday that he intends to continue his football career.

Weaver also suffered nerve damage when he blew out his left knee in the season opener. Something to keep in mind for those who still buy NFL teams' injury updates: The Eagles initially called it a "sprain." Weaver is under contract for $2.5 million in 2011. He'll have to show progress to be retained.

Source: Leonard Weaver on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

1) Kolb - He's under contract. Like it or not, he really can't do much. They can franchise Vick if there is a franchise tag. As of now, there is none. If there is no CBA before FA is set to begin, I don't know what they do. It's not like they can place a franchise tag on Vick if there is no contract. Should be interesting. Maybe they can just sign him, he wants to stay. But he wants to be paid his 100M as well.

2) McDermott - I really don't see how he deserves his job after last season.

3) Weaver - Excellent point on misinformation and mismanagement of injury. I remember watching that knee get hyperextended and thinking "no way". No telling what he'll be able to do after surgery. He isn't old, he could come back Buckhalter style, they just don't know. Andy just doesn't run enough to invest in a high price FB. He signed a 3 yr 11M contract, so he gets 2.5 M next year. Most likely, the Eagles will view that as too expensive.

And lol at Westbrook saying he posted 5 min after the loss. Everyone knows on this board that he would be bumping every thread under the sun.

I'm not saying "don't make fun of Westbrook" Please do. He's a donkey. I'm saying come up with some better jokes or let the threads die.

1) Kolb - He's under contract. Like it or not, he really can't do much. They can franchise Vick if there is a franchise tag. As of now, there is none. If there is no CBA before FA is set to begin, I don't know what they do. It's not like they can place a franchise tag on Vick if there is no contract. Should be interesting. Maybe they can just sign him, he wants to stay. But he wants to be paid his 100M as well.

2) McDermott - I really don't see how he deserves his job after last season.

3) Weaver - Excellent point on misinformation and mismanagement of injury. I remember watching that knee get hyperextended and thinking "no way". No telling what he'll be able to do after surgery. He isn't old, he could come back Buckhalter style, they just don't know. Andy just doesn't run enough to invest in a high price FB. He signed a 3 yr 11M contract, so he gets 2.5 M next year. Most likely, the Eagles will view that as too expensive.

And lol at Westbrook saying he posted 5 min after the loss. Everyone knows on this board that he would be bumping every thread under the sun.

I'm not saying "don't make fun of Westbrook" Please do. He's a donkey. I'm saying come up with some better jokes or let the threads die.

Thanks for the info, Weaver is a beast but after that injury (I couldn't watch the 5th replay they did of it *shudders*) I'm not sure he comes back 100%. Weaver isn't a soft dude and he was crying on his way off the field, ugh, it wasn't pretty. How old is he BTW?

Oh, and thank you for clarifying on the last sentence. Trust and believe people want to discuss the offseason stuff, but after all the crap westy spewed AND THEN NOT SHOWING UP, people are going to be bashing until he eats his crow. Basically I expect every philthy thread to laugh at bania/westy/vick's bf until he eats his crow.

Why has ATN become a 3rd grade classroom? Every day the same threads get bumped, with the same tired jokes. Seriously, we get it that Westbrook doesn't post after the team loses. We get it that the Eagles lost. Why are we bumping threads like eagle091 and all these other Eagle threads? Just let them die, please.

Ahhh REAL football conversation. This would be nice to do for each NFCE team. Thanks dock. I'm all for mocking trash talk, but at some point it's ludicrous. Only reason I come to a Skins forum is to talk football with variety of fans, and ES has been excellent in the past.

Eagles offseason.

I took some artistic liberty and put them in MY order of importance. Hope you don't mind.

DE- obviouslly they need someone opposite Cole. If they aren't going to upgrade CB then they better gat a DE. Guy can't take a double team for 16 games again.

The Eagles inability to get Defensive linemen out of the draft is the reason they have not gotten back to the Super Bowl, IMO. Cole is a nice DE. Especially in the first 1/2 of the year, but he's not dominant enough physically to do it for 16 weeks without significant help. They have spent SO many picks trying to get DT & DEs, and they're left with an average Dline. Patterson (1st), Bunkley (1st), McDougle (1st - worst ever...gave up 30th &62nd overall), Graham (1st, jury's still out, but gave up 24, 70 & 87 picks overall...IMO terrible move), Abiamiri (2nd), Burgess (1st pick of 3rd round). I understand draft is a crapshoot and AR has had quite a few good finds, but the amount of resources sent on the DL is inexcusable. Also Segrest sucks as a coach. Look up Babin & Clemons stats this year.

RG - Both Cole and MJG are free agents and they both are just OK. LG with Herremans is fine

RT- Justice gets benched for mental mistakes in a paloff game? No. He's had enough chances I think they need an upgrade.

I agree 100%. If they keep Vick Justice is his blindside, obviously. The Andrews brothers fiasco set the Oline back quite a bit, as I think Shawn was slated to be the RT, with his brother sliding into the RG position. Having to rely on McGlynn, who had not played center since high school, to take over the first game of the season was not a good thing either, in spite of good reviews he got from AR. Overall, the need at LEAST a new RG, preferably RG & RT.

SS - Mikell is a FA. Keep him as a backup Plus you don't know how NAte comes back

CB- Patterson is a FA I think, Lindley OK Hobbs FA as well. Go after ASomauguaghe?

AR doesn't keep veterans that started for long periods of time as backups. I could see them giving Mikell a 1-2 year contract, but we'll see. He's good enough IMO, as they can't fix everything in one offseason. They do need to plan on Allen not being very good next year. Can't see him coming back 100% physically and mentally by the start of training camp. As to CB, I'd be shocked if they went after Asom______. Isn't he 30? He's going to want 5-6 year contract with HUGE money, and I thought I read that his final year was voided because he didn't meet incentive clauses? That's a little disconcerting. Hobbs is gone. Patterson will be gone. Hanson is a slot guy, and I've no idea what they think of Lindley. Has to be hard to evaluate DBacks when opposition has 14 seconds to stand in pocket.

LB - It's well documented how little I think of these LBs. They blow. Bradley may come back for peanuts which is fine, but Sims sucks. AGither is a FA let him go, Chaney I thought was OK, the bloom is off the rose for Foku in my mind.

Keep: Clayton & Chaney, maybe Bradley to play strong side. But, Fokou, Sims, Gaither all must go. They're horrible.

Other area(s) I think could use some improvement are: Punter, KR and backup tailbacks (unless Harrison is staying).

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 09:13 AM ----------

Doc a couple other issues are the the disgruntled Kolb who has asked for a trade, a poor showing from the DC and Leonard Weavers health. Weaver has been underrated and dangerous, especially with all the speed on the outside. Schmitt is not the running threat Weaver was.

He's a very nice addition when healthy. Especially b/c when he's on the field he can threaten as a receiver or a runner. Can't see him being where he was for awhile though.

Eagles offseason.

RT- Justice gets benched for mental mistakes in a paloff game? No. He's had enough chances I think they need an upgrade

OK. Let's let the old threads die already.

This is why Fed Ex is such a joke and we are like 2-6 their. Our fans have become a bunch of babies. Ya wanna know why the ATN has become like 3rd grade and people don't want to let these threads go? Because we let philthy trolls infest our board and start threads telling us to bow down to their greatness and talk smack about normalcy being restored because they are good in the regular season again. When we respond and wait for the inevitable collapse of the team when it matters, the trolls disappear and we bump the threads to remind people whose freakin board this is.

We let these fans infest our stadium the same way. We are embarrassed routinely by a see of green or blue or black and gold AT HOME. Then we travel to an away game and they vandalize our cars, intentionally puke on us, throw beer bottles at our kids for wearing the wrong color jersey and the national media talks about what a great fan base they have!

I am not saying we need to sink to the lowest common denominator but at some point we need to stand up for ourselves. We have three lombardi trophies. You may think that's in the past and by all means join all the eagles trolls in telling us that doesn't mean anything but I disagree. We have a proud tradition here and we act like the freakin Lions. Now we have OUR fans defending these trolls and calling US 3rd graders for RESPONDING. No wonder every home game looks like New York or Philly South. I am sick of it. And I think some other guys in here are too.

That being said, I am also all for some intelligent football discussion. So for the birds, here is what I see:

They will get back to the strategy that served them so well in the 90's and early 2000's. They are essentially and inverse of those teams now. Those teams could get tremendous pressure on the QB because they could put guys like Bobby Taylor or Troy Vincent on an island. They had an inventive and creative D -Coordinator and they got turnovers. They had a strong line on both sides of the ball but lacked the speed and skill on the outside to make the plays they needed to when it counted.

Now, they are inverted from that. Winston Justice is an abomination. Jason Peters just isn't what they had hoped. The interior line is very weak which led directly to a game plan by Green Bay that very few in the media could have forecasted, namely getting pressure with 3 or 4 players and NOT blitzing off the edges. They didn't have to. They just needed to stunt their playmakers like mathews and confuse and overpower a less skilled and less physical offensive line.

Defensively, they have always de-valued the linebacker position but now it is hurting them because they also don't have much of a secondary. You needed those physical corners and BDawk to get away with a mediocre linebacking corps. I suspect they will get back to that. They should go secondary and o-line. Its not a difficult fix in my mind. Its simply returning to basics for them. Get a more physical corner. Asante is good but he is just not big enough of physical enough for their game. I like Nate Allen. Bradley is certainly talented but it just looks like he isn't durable enough. Even with the mediocre OLB's of the past they had a Trotter in the middle. They need that.

They have holes but the reality is if and when they fill them, they will be very very dangerous again.

Lastly, Andy just has to run the damn ball. I have never seen such an aversion. Its like an illness. GB sat back there and bl;itzed 13 times the whole game and Andy just refused to run the ball or even screen it out to Shady Mccoy. That guy is a flat out playmaker. Once Desean went down and the defensive game plan of GB became apparent, running the ball and play action boots were imperative. They just refused to deviate once they realized that GB wasn't doing what the media predicted they would.

This is why Fed Ex is such a joke and we are like 2-6 their. Our fans have become a bunch of babies. Ya wanna know why the ATN has become like 3rd grade and people don't want to let these threads go? Because we let philthy trolls infest our board and start threads telling us to bow down to their greatness and talk smack about normalcy being restored because they are good in the regular season again. When we respond and wait for the inevitable collapse of the team when it matters, the trolls disappear and we bump the threads to remind people whose freakin board this is.

We let these fans infest our stadium the same way. We are embarrassed routinely by a see of green or blue or black and gold AT HOME. Then we travel to an away game and they vandalize our cars, intentionally puke on us, throw beer bottles at our kids for wearing the wrong color jersey and the national media talks about what a great fan base they have!

I am not saying we need to sink to the lowest common denominator but at some point we need to stand up for ourselves. We have three lombardi trophies. You may think that's in the past and by all means join all the eagles trolls in telling us that doesn't mean anything but I disagree. We have a proud tradition here and we act like the freakin Lions. Now we have OUR fans defending these trolls and calling US 3rd graders for RESPONDING. No wonder every home game looks like New York or Philly South. I am sick of it. And I think some other guys in here are too.

That being said, I am also all for some intelligent football discussion.

This is exactly how I feel, thank you Brotherz!

How about ignoring them? Both figuratively and literally, with the IGNORE feature. Or request the mods to ban those who are the worst offenders. I compare it to a guy going into a bar, sucker punching a big dude and then racing out of the bar while that guy proceeds to escalate the brawl. I mean if you all enjoy it, by all means, go ahead and do it. To each their own I guess, I'm just saying if you want a place to talk football about a variety of teams, and be able to do some fun trash-talking responding to trolls isn't the way to go about it IMO.

As to the "reason why FedEx is a joke and the skins 2-6 record there", I believe it's more about the Skins weren't very good this year. Add another 100,000 seats and fill them with redskin-fans only, and I don't think that changes a thing. Regarding other fans coming there, that will not change until the Skins achieve sustained competitiveness and even then there are just too many seats willing to be sold due to cost/other factors.

How about ignoring them? Both figuratively and literally, with the IGNORE feature. Or request the mods to ban those who are the worst offenders. I compare it to a guy going into a bar, sucker punching a big dude and then racing out of the bar while that guy proceeds to escalate the brawl. I mean if you all enjoy it, by all means, go ahead and do it. To each their own I guess, I'm just saying if you want a place to talk football about a variety of teams, and be able to do some fun trash-talking responding to trolls isn't the way to go about it IMO.

As to the "reason why FedEx is a joke and the skins 2-6 record there", I believe it's more about the Skins weren't very good this year. Add another 100,000 seats and fill them with redskin-fans only, and I don't think that changes a thing. Regarding other fans coming there, that will not change until the Skins achieve sustained competitiveness and even then there are just too many seats willing to be sold due to cost/other factors.

Biggest way to fix that would be to build a new field, make it more RFK-esque. Close, intimate, and lively for the fans.

This is why Fed Ex is such a joke and we are like 2-6 their. Our fans have become a bunch of babies. Ya wanna know why the ATN has become like 3rd grade and people don't want to let these threads go?

I think if the jokes were funnier I would have less of a problem with it.

Ya wanna know why the ATN has become like 3rd grade and people don't want to let these threads go? Because we let philthy trolls infest our board and start threads telling us to bow down to their greatness and talk smack about normalcy being restored because they are good in the regular season again. When we respond and wait for the inevitable collapse of the team when it matters, the trolls disappear and we bump the threads to remind people whose freakin board this is.

:applause: :cheers:

Damn well said :yes:...

Fair comments. There's a reason why you and I aren't at war Pointy. I know you are an eagles fan. Yet, I'm not waiting around to give you crap when the birds lose. Why do you think that is? Same with Tom the giants fan. Pittman and many others. I can handle an opposing fan on our board. Quite frankly, it makes it funner to have you guys around. But there has to be a point where blatant smack talking trolls have to aat least answer for their smack talking on a Redskins fan board. I don't go on iggles.com or whatever the hell their board is and start threads about how much they suck and their empty trophy case, the same way I don't throw beer at people wearing an eagles jersey when i am in the 400 level at Fed ex every sunday. BUT, when one of those mouthy little ****s starts pushing around skins fans in our building, I know whose side i'm on.

As for ignoring them, again, I do ignore them. . . on their board. Maybe I take too much "ownership" in this board, and this team and that stadium. This isn't extremefootball.com. This is a redskins board. You want to come in and chat about the eagles. Cool. I'm in. I'll chat. I'll even give your team props in alot of ways. But don't come in here stomping around telling us what we need to think etc. in our board. That's just crazy. Like I said before, i think its indicative of fanbase of apathy that quite frankly, I think has to change.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

:applause: :cheers:

Damn well said :yes:...

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the support. Other than Tweedr I don't see too many getting my perspective here.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

I think if the jokes were funnier I would have less of a problem with it.

Now that's definately fair.

This is exactly how I feel, thank you Brotherz!

Tweedr I get you bro. Half the time I don't need to respond because I know you're gonna speak the same thing I'd say. HAHAHAHA

Fair comments. There's a reason why you and I aren't at war Pointy. I know you are an eagles fan. Yet, I'm not waiting around to give you crap when the birds lose. Why do you think that is? Same with Tom the giants fan. Pittman and many others. I can handle an opposing fan on our board. Quite frankly, it makes it funner to have you guys around. But there has to be a point where blatant smack talking trolls have to aat least answer for their smack talking on a Redskins fan board. I don't go on iggles.com or whatever the hell their board is and start threads about how much they suck and their empty trophy case, the same way I don't throw beer at people wearing an eagles jersey when i am in the 400 level at Fed ex every sunday. BUT, when one of those mouthy little ****s starts pushing around skins fans in our building, I know whose side i'm on.

As for ignoring them, again, I do ignore them. . . on their board. Maybe I take too much "ownership" in this board, and this team and that stadium. This isn't extremefootball.com. This is a redskins board. You want to come in and chat about the eagles. Cool. I'm in. I'll chat. I'll even give your team props in alot of ways. But don't come in here stomping around telling us what we need to think etc. in our board. That's just crazy. Like I said before, i think its indicative of fanbase of apathy that quite frankly, I think has to change.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the support. Other than Tweedr I don't see too many getting my perspective here.

Now that's definately fair.

Tweedr I get you bro. Half the time I don't need to respond because I know you're gonna speak the same thing I'd say. HAHAHAHA

thanks man, and again agree with what you said, all of it. I definitely appreciate posters like PF, EL, tom....some others I can't remember right now, lol, but we need posters from other teams. All of us make this big ol' wheel turn. I just can't stand when someone comes and takes a crap in my house, and then runs out the door when someone asks him to clean it up. This only compounds my frustration when I'm told to let him off the hook, why? They act like children, treat em like children. They won't learn if they get to post crap all year long, and then bolt when they get called out once for it. Just very frustrating, but getting a level headed response like yours puts it into perspective.

I also agree with the Marines sentiment. Takes a man to do that job, I really respect it and I told bania that before as well as hitman, and I believe it was in the thread where celljock was railing hitman for not having a job due to some terrible situation he was in.

I get ya. Personally I don't think it's worth the energy, because, as you can see, they're normally long gone when it's "payback" time, so the only people observing are mostly skins fans. I too think it's lame for them to be like that. At the same time, I think the draw for ES is that it is mostly a friendly message board with a wide variety of backgrounds/opinions that normally stays on friendly terms. As much grief (a lot of it deserved) Skins fans give Eagle fans about their behavior at stadiums, I myself have seen a significant change at FedEx over a 7-8 year period. It kind of bums me out that fans think they have to be boorish to "scare" away other fans, and I'm hoping that doesn't happen here in ES. I happen to like opposing points of view, hence the reason I've only posted like 3x at TATE.

Anyway, as you said, it's your board, I'm just giving my opinions, unsolicited they may be! :)

Cheers,

PF

Archived