Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skip Bayless Likes Cam Newton More Than Blaine Gabbert

skinzwiz

Not a big Cam Newton fan and the game the other night showed why. He can't complete a pass unless his receivers are WIDE open. Yes he is a winner but so was JC17. They both went undefeated before coming out. In no way am I comparing Cam to JC17. Auburn only won that game the other night because of the spread formation and that Freshman RB for Auburn IMO.

The question should be, "why does anyone think Gabbert is going to be a better QB than Newton?" Gabbert plays in a spread offense. Lack luster stats and wins. Played AWFUL against good teams. Oh but he's big, athletic and has a big arm...well, Newton is bigger, has big arm and is even more athletic.

The question should be, "why does anyone think Gabbert is going to be a better QB than Newton?" Gabbert plays in a spread offense. Lack luster stats and wins. Played AWFUL against good teams. Oh but he's big, athletic and has a big arm...well, Newton is bigger, has big arm and is even more athletic.

Gabbert is going to be a huge bust...I cannot see him being successful in the NFL. Could be wrong, of course...

Newton is 50/50. I wouldn't be surprised if he were really good or terrible.

If we are going to play that game, Jake Locker has a stronger arm, is faster, and is more athletic than Newton.

And Mallett is the biggest and biggest armed of all four!

Good thing QBs aren't drafted on measurables alone.

Skip Bayless is an idiot who simply likes to stir the pot to create viewship/readership. He knows almost nothing about football. I stopped watching him a long time ago when I found out how little he really knows about sports.

Let us know when someone who really knows a little about college football shares a useful opinion...guys like Mayock, Kiper, McShay, the former Dallas GM at Scout?, Pat Kirwin, Clark Judge, etc. Hell, I even would value Vinnie Cerrato's opinion WAY over anything Bayless has to say....how's that for an insult?

Locker is not more athletic and faster than Newton...

Locker runs a 4.39. Cam runs a 4.52.

When he got to UW, the coaches wanted to play him at safety as he was the best on the team. He also was drafted in the 2009 MLB draft.

None of this means he's a better QB. But he is certainly a better athlete.

Locker is not more athletic and faster than Newton...

Based on the two bowl games I saw, Locker was far faster and athletic than Newton. Now Locker showed me nothing in terms of passing ability other than he was careful not to throw the ball carelessly......like Newton did early in the game. But then Locker had almost no talent around him this year.

He didn't really go into a lot of detail. He basically said that even though Cam's accuracy comes and goes at times, he has the most complete package and upside. I thought this was surprising because I thought he disliked the "Cam-Type QB".

SN: Nobody up here saw this yesterday??

Archived