Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it possible for NFL players to move to the UFL if a lockout were to occur?

sknz45

I think the lockout is the best case scenario for the UFL.. I bet that is what the UFL founders were banking on when they ran with this league.. It will be intyeresting to see how much intrest the ufl will get next year if there is no NFL season.. i know I ll be watching it if that is all there is... Also there is a group getting ready to fire up new USFL... If you remember the old USFL it was a real threat to the NFL... NFL people have to see what is going on here. these new leagues are like vultures circling. The Nfl better get it together

Yes. I'd never in a million years buy a ticket for a scab game. And every year, I go to games.

So yeah, I'd probably follow the Skins out of morbid curiousity, but I certainly wouldn't spend a cent on them.

But, that's my question. I'm not talking about attending games. A few fans at either venue is negligible in the grand scheme of things...ticket sales are not where these leagues make much of their money.

So, when the leagues shake out (assuming the NFL played a modified schedule with scabs), would you be more concerned with what the Redskins did week in and week out or how the UFL standings looked? We root for jerseys and organizations. Most people, I believe, would be much more concerned with how the Redskins did with their new players. It's so temporary that it would make no sense to watch a hodge-podge of NFL players playing in weird jerseys in non-NFL cities. It might be entertaining to watch, but ultimately, no one would care about results because people care about their teams.

Fortunately there won't be a lockout, and we won't be forced to watch the UFL... The NFLPA has taken informal votes from the teams. The players have overwhelmingly voted to decertify the union in the event of a lockout by the owners. If the union decertifies, the owners wont be able to lock out the players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/11/nflpa-decertification-vote-could-ensure-nfl-football-in-2011/

I think the lockout is the best case scenario for the UFL.. I bet that is what the UFL founders were banking on when they ran with this league.. It will be intyeresting to see how much intrest the ufl will get next year if there is no NFL season.. i know I ll be watching it if that is all there is... Also there is a group getting ready to fire up new USFL... If you remember the old USFL it was a real threat to the NFL... NFL people have to see what is going on here. these new leagues are like vultures circling. The Nfl better get it together

Took a quick overview of UFL marketing, seems the UFL's marketing strategy is to become a sort of minor league to the NFL (front page of website trumpets players who went from the UFL to the NFL). Also, playing a slightly offset schedule instead of a spring schedule seems to play to the complaints by coaches that they want the guys they'll consider in the OTAs and mini-camps and want them fully ready to go in training camp.

Yes. I'd never in a million years buy a ticket for a scab game. And every year, I go to games.

So yeah, I'd probably follow the Skins out of morbid curiousity, but I certainly wouldn't spend a cent on them.

Their season ticket. You would have bought them before you knew it was a scab game.

Fortunately there won't be a lockout, and we won't be forced to watch the UFL... The NFLPA has taken informal votes from the teams. The players have overwhelmingly voted to decertify the union in the event of a lockout by the owners. If the union decertifies, the owners wont be able to lock out the players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/11/nflpa-decertification-vote-could-ensure-nfl-football-in-2011/

Reading the Liz Mullen piece linked in that article delves a little deeper into the pros and cons of decertification. Sounds like bedlam would ensue. I didn't get the sense that it was as simple as preventing a lockout would automatically mean there was a season necessarily.

Archived