Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Excel 2003 Password Protection Help

skinfan2k

I have a protected excel 2003 worksheet that I need for work. A previous employee had used password protection to lock the cells from being edited, i can still see the data but i cant look or change the formulas. Is there anything I can do to remove the password that she had on before?

do i just download the trail and is it free

You download it and install it. The trial is 30 days, but, gives you limited results. I think it is limited to passwords 3 or 4 characters in length. I have used this program for a long time and it is the best I have seen out there.

I've had luck using this program a few times for people that have forgotten passwords for different apps. Not sure if it works on excel, but I've been amazed at some of the things it has worked on. Be careful if you google password revealing programs. There's a lot of bogus crapware out there. The one I've used is made by Alpine Snow and is called Password Unmask v 2.0

http://www.alpinesnow.com/pwu.shtml

Meh... got a chance to test this on an excel document today and it didn't work. This thing only works if the password is hidden behind characters like ###### or ********. Sorry about that.

Archived