Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's Adam Schefter:Eagles still want 2 1st rounders for Kolb

DWinzit

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

ESPN's Adam Schefter reiterated on ESPN's Sunday Morning Countdown that the Eagles would require at least two first-round picks to consider trading Kevin Kolb this offseason.

A Kolb trade remains highly unlikely. Considering Michael Vick's style of play and risk of injury, Kolb is too valuable for a Super Bowl contender to deal. He's put nothing on tape that would prompt a smart team to meet the Eagles' prohibitive asking price.:ols:

Unbelievable. He has had what? 4 or 5 good games? That is NOTHING. 1st round draft picks are like gold in this league. There are maybe 40-50 players in the NFL that are worth TWO 1st round draft picks and Kolb sure as **** ain't one of them.

I have always believe that only franchise QB's are worth two first round picks. LT's are second on the list, but not worth two first rounders.

So, 40-50 is a little high number.

Edit: And, typical Eagle FO, overvaluing a player hoping someone will bite.

Unbelievable. He has had what? 4 or 5 good games? That is NOTHING. 1st round draft picks are like gold in this league. There are maybe 40-50 players in the NFL that are worth TWO 1st round draft picks and Kolb sure as **** ain't one of them.

40-50? I'd say more like 10-20.

I agree, but it could also be that Vick is a free agent and there are no guarantees that he stays in Philly

They'll franchise him, and probably put a first round tag on him.

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 09:15 PM ----------

Wonder if deep down Kolb feels some satisfaction from the results

I wonder if deep down McNabb is laughing at the Eagles now...

I agree, but it could also be that Vick is a free agent and there are no guarantees that he stays in Philly

Phili front office already said...if they can't get a long term extension done this offseason they will use the franchise tag on Vick...sorry didn't see the post above mine...sorry to reinterate

Looks like reality set in as they've slashed their possible asking price. The expectations could lower further if Kolb speaks more of being disgruntled.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=198801

CBS' Charley Casserly reports that the Eagles will consider trading Kevin Kolb this offseason if they're offered a first-round pick.

And considering the massive number of quarterback-needy teams around the league, the Eagles may be able to get more. The Cardinals, Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers, and Titans are obvious potential suitors. The Bills, Broncos, Seahawks, Jaguars, Bengals, Raiders, and Panthers also have long-term uncertainty at the position. Just keep in mind that trades can't be made until a new CBA is reached, and that won't happen before late February at soonest.

I don't think the Eagles intend on trading Kolb. They made that statement so if they ever thought about it, they'll want something big in return.

Exactly. They want Kolb to "think" they are making an effort to trade him, but with Vick about to become a free agent, they want to "hold on to" Kolb until the dust settles.

Again, teams are going to look at what KC paid for both Cassel and Vrabel. A single 2nd rounder.

If Philly doesn't believe they can repair whatever distrust there is between Kolb and the team...they should jump at a 2nd rounder. I don't think any team should offer that since there is nothing that says Kolb is worth it.

I have always believe that only franchise QB's are worth two first round picks. LT's are second on the list, but not worth two first rounders.

So, 40-50 is a little high number.

Edit: And, typical Eagle FO, overvaluing a player hoping someone will bite.

theres impact guys worth 2 first rounders. guys like patrick willis, calvin johnson, andre johnson, clay matthews. beast studs that are next to impossible to replace are worth that.

and jay cutler lol.

Archived