Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Years Later, And Gregg Williams Still Sucks

McD5

It's always easy to blame the coach, but his players failed him as well. I am not saying Williams isn't to blame, but his players didn't cover well at times and they allowed the 31st ranked run team to run.

And, the Hawks will fall second round. They had their one home game with Hass on target.

That's a pretty simplistic view of things.

I guess i could go into depth how last year gregg williams defense had 7 turnovers in the playoffs alone, with a few of them turning directly into scores. Or how his d sealed the superbowl win. Or how this year there were games where they didnt have a single cb playing because they were all injured, and he made nobodies compete at an nfl level. But its unnecessary. The reality of it all is that he has a ring, and we havent had a relative football team for about 20 years now. So i dont understand the hate on the guy.

I guess i could go into depth how last year gregg williams defense had 7 turnovers in the playoffs alone' date=' with a few of them turning directly into scores. Or how his d sealed the superbowl win. Or how this year there were games where they didnt have a single cb playing because they were all injured, and he made nobodies compete at an nfl level. But its unnecessary. The reality of it all is that he has a ring, and we havent had a relative football team for about 20 years now. So i dont understand the hate on the guy.[/quote']

I don't even necessarily agree with the OP. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with you, either.

I simply said that that is a simplistic view to take...on any player or circumstance.

Those explanations would have worked much better to make your point originally, and added to the discussion. They still can, if someone who disagrees responds to your points, which are all pretty valid.

Those explanations would have worked much better to make your point originally, and added to the discussion. They still can, if someone who disagrees responds to your points, which are all pretty valid.

I guess... I didnt think that those explanations were necessary though. I think it is pretty obvious to everyone that the defense was vital to the success of the saints last year. In fact, it was even more important this year with Brees showing off his best Favre impersonation for the last 10 weeks. Sometimes things can be that black and white.

I can't get over just how many times McD5 is wrong when it comes to either NFL or NBA.

I'd take Gregg over Haslett everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

A hell of alot better than what we do have right now.

AND last year, whose defense was it that confused the supposed GOAT Manning,resulting in the pick that sealed the game?

Has Haslett ever confused anyone other than himself?

Can't agree with the OP. I loved what Gregg was able to do here during his time. Hindsight's always 20/20, but I would've rather given him a shot at failing big time than hiring someone who might not even be capable of a coordinator's job.

I mean we hired Jim Zorn instead. So yeah, I wish we had given him the job.

That said, I think he was overrated here. Very much so.

(McD, not to hijack but props on Rashard Lewis. I've been pleasantly surprised by him. I thought it was a lateral move at the time but we improved with him. So you got something right.)

Personally I'm not sure what to think, Greggggg has done some outstanding work coaching at times but when he tanks, it's spectacular. His D didn't just **** the bed yesterday, they **** the floor, both nightstands, everything in the dresser and the hall rug. It does kinda have the same reek as the embarrassing spanking against the Pats, and TBH those are not the only examples you can point out. In the big picture, if it all had to happen the way it did just to De-Vinnie the franchise, I can accept it.

And Diesel? You seem to conveniently overlook all the INTs that Manning threw to our secondary that were dropped, Has had the D jumpin' and if our DBs weren't using seal flippers for hands that night we woulda taken the Colts.

I think what happened is that Gregg had formed an idea of what the Seahawks were going to do, I guess you could call it a prediction, perhaps with some sort of chart. Then he based all of his playcalling off of that chart. Things started happening that the chart didn't predict, but rather than realize that his chart was nonsense and adjust to reality, Gregg just kept on insisting it had to be right, and wound up looking like an idiot.

Sort of like this.

Seems like his D's are either boom or bust. The biggest problem with defenses today is that guys like Gregg teach them to go for the strip instead of ftackling fundamentals. This can lead to some turnovers but more often than not it just leads to missed tackles and spectacular runs by the offense. Case in point is the Marshawn Lynch run last night. That was the most glaring example but it was a theme throughout the game and throughout the NFL.

Yeah, what you saw yesterday was the real GW defense. WAY TOO SOFT!!! Last year, the Saints' offense hide a lot of the defensive mistakes, but they couldn't do it yesterday even though Brees and their offense played well. And you could see Sean Payton was not happy with the defense.

I can't get over just how many times McD5 is wrong when it comes to either NFL or NBA.

I'd take Gregg over Haslett everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

A hell of alot better than what we do have right now.

AND last year, whose defense was it that confused the supposed GOAT Manning,resulting in the pick that sealed the game?

Has Haslett ever confused anyone other than himself?

im pretty sure haslett confused jay cutler enough to cause those 4 interceptions to the same guy, d hall :)

I still think he earned the shot for our HC gig when Gibbs left. Whether he would have been successful is debatable. I doubt he would have with Vinny at the helm

---------- Post added January-9th-2011 at 12:10 PM ----------

Sooooo. How much money did you lose on this game MCD5?

and with that, we have cut to the heart of the matter :ols:

Goodness gracious I've never seen such hatred spewed like this. What did Gregg Williams do to you, man? Take a chill pill...it's just a game. And, although I'm sure you've made this discovery after you posted this, his defense was one of the best in the league last year and was a big reason they won the superbowl.

Archived